What's For Dinner? | Page 592 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    All this talk about Pho has me wanting to try it. Noticed a Vietnamese restaurant in the same plaza as the Chinese place I get take out. Lot's of cars in front of the Vietnamese place, so assuming its good.

I'll have Chinese left overs for dinner tonight.

2. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Bet that was a fun day. It’s an underrated car.

tomc likes this.
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    One of my first science jobs was working @ Edwards AFB.
    Cantil is up that way. Man, that was middle of nowhere back 30+ years ago.
    So, buying an NSX? NbyNW is your consultant, if you are ready to take the plunge! :)
    T

NbyNW likes this.
  4. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Change of dinner plan................... My dad wants seafood udon at my favorite Japanese restaurant. Free sushi, yum!

I want a first gen NSX with Honda badging. But most are right hand drive and I don't want it that bad!

5. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I gotta say I wouldn't buy one...just doesn't get me excited enough to make a plunge. Hell of a car though...

NbyNW likes this.
  6. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

So many incredible choices out there now. And many are now going the ICE/electric motor route so Honda/Acura must have been on to something back in ~2016. I’ve done some incredible drives in my ‘92 NSX (sold long ago) and this new one all around the west - SD and WY, it’s a stunning machine. Yet time moves on and I’ve got to say the new Roma has my eye... beautiful. But I haven’t had a motor up front in a sports car in a long time! And not ready to move on from the NSX.

The important question - what’s for dinner? Our NY strips didn’t defrost in time. Plan B.

7. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Well, since you asked....snacking right now watch the Packers get killed...Panko Shrimp with fried chili flakes, homemade fresh olives, mousse of Foie Gras, caviar, "No Ritz" I am out, but relegated to the black pepper triscuit's.

"And in other news tonight, BrettC realized the dream of many, a world's first in fact, by pairing that finest of American inventions - the venerable Ritz Cracker - with fine caviar". From AZItalian

arizonaitalian likes this.
  8. Lqdbreakz

Lqdbreakz Rookie

Aug 17, 2019
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    So very true. I could probably live on it as well, as long as I switched up the meats hah!

BrettC likes this.
  9. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I do a chicken based broth, rice noodle of course, shrimp, calamari, pork heart, tongue and liver. Add quail eggs plus basil etc and yum.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Lqdbreakz likes this.
  10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    You make your one pho broth?

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    A whole mess of chicken in the smoker. Leq quarters from Kroger and whole chickens from Costco. Oak wood and a little pecan (mostly twigs and such for kindling). Hour and a half of heavy smoke, finish in the oven until about 165 F internal.

Did lamb the other night on the Smoky Joe. Marinated in salt, pepper and garlic powder, lemon juice, EVOO. This was a triangular shaped piece I carved up from a whole leg, so I grilled it on each side, turning it frequently.

T

11. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    arizonaitalian and NbyNW like this.
  12. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Oh NOOOOO sorry. I goto a couple of my fave restaurants.

13. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    arizonaitalian likes this.
  14. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Its raining here, I miss sitting on their patio. Later this week we will try the Vietnamese restaurant. Its soup weather here.

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    max930 likes this.
  16. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    max930 likes this.
  17. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #14792 arizonaitalian, Oct 19, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    Indian Food in Krakow. Umm...yeah. (serviceable I suppose)

From 6pm clockwise; Garlic naan, chicken tikka masala, tandoori chicken, aloo gobi matter

18. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Ania had to work a weekend shift, so I was on my own this weekend. A knock at the door and it turns out her parent's brought me dinner yesterday. Its pretty typical of their meals; a meat and 2-3 veggie sides (they are old school Polish and pretty much eat at home 360 days per year). There was some chicken with spinach sauce on top, mashed potato, sauteed cucumber, and a cooked applesauce. Very nice of them, and yummy.

tomc likes this.
  19. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
  20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    You are some kind of thrill seeker!
    How did it taste?
    T

21. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    It is at least "on the flavor spectrum", so it tastes like indian for the most part, just not like "good" indian. We have been to that place a dozen times before. Its the best in town...there are shockingly now 5-10 indian places in Krakow (I've actually lost count). When I first started coming here in 2013, there were 2. But, to your question, some of them have food that doesn't taste indian at all...more like italian tomato sauce covering the food.

Its a bit of an ethnic food wasteland here, but it is getting better...slowly. There are sushi/asian places, but I won't try that here (for that matter I avoid sushi in the fly over country of the usa too - rightly or wrongly). There is an excellent Georgian place that we love and will be going back to...maybe even tonight if they are open. And the italian is serviceable, so there is a bit of variety. Oh, the latest "fad" in europe in general and here too, are Steakhouses. They are popping up everywhere in europe over the past 5 years and there are now several in krakow, including a couple of decent ones. (I used to avoid eating steak in europe because, well, it sucks compared to the best beef we get in the USA and up until 5 years ago few places could cook it properly)

22. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I laughed when i saw this post because the first thought that went thru my mind was:

"nice lamb for the peoples, and "wow" that's a lot of chicken for the dog"

23. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Japanese in general is my favorite food. I could eat sushi everyday. My older brother, born in 1970, his best friend is Japanese. They've been friends since kindergarten. His friends family introduced us too sushi. Glad they did. I've been eating it since before it was popular in the 1970's.

The pooch is toooooooooooo spoiled. When I had my family over, my dad and brother kept taking the breading off the almond chicken to feed her chicken pieces. At least she knows basic commands, sit, down and come.

tomc and arizonaitalian like this.
  24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    You're not far off! I fear that we've spoiled the dog to the point that she prefers grilled or smoked chicken to boiled chicken. So, several of the leg quarters have no spices on them. Then I divide them up into little sandwich baggie sized portions, freeze and defrost as needed to glam up her kibble. That should last her about 2 weeks or more.

No lamb for her though as that has garlic on it.

T

max930 and arizonaitalian like this.
  25. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I might have Subway for lunch or dinner. Haven't decided yet.