Where to find a factory 360 sport exhaust? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Where to find a factory 360 sport exhaust?

Discussion in '360/430' started by one4torque, Jun 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    No apology necessary.

I found a cs exhaust.

Pretty excited to hear fab speed headers and cs muff w stock cats. Hoping its the beezknees.

2. Kitchdog

Kitchdog Karting

Jan 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Hi all - would a factory OEM muffler from a 360 Modena be suitable for a 360 spider? Same part numbers?

Thanks!

3. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Part numbers from the Ricambi website....
    Modena 174089
    Spider 174089

OEM mufflers are the same between the two unless the spider happens to have the optional sport exhaust from the factory or someone added it. In that case, yes it will fit as long as you change the tailpipes and support bracket for the muffler box.

Kitchdog likes this.
  4. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Bumping my old CS muffler thread.... getting close to finally installing the CS muffler system.

BUT can the ex valve opening RPM be tuned to match the new CS exhaust?

Or do I need to source the CS ECU's???......

Perhaps a discussion with guru TREV is in order.

Merry Merry,
    Jeff San Antonio

5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Why would anything have to change? I put a valved CS exhaust on with no other changes to my car. Works perfectly.

I'm having EAG replace my stock headers and cats with Fabspeed in the next month or two, and nothing will change then either. Except it will sound better. :)

6. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Can’t wait to hear your impressions. That is prob where I’m heading too.

I’ve read the cs ex came w ecu’s to open the by pass valves at higher rpm. I presume to help low end tq.

7. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Ah, I didn't understand your question. I had heard there were ECU's that came with the CS exhaust, but I don't think mine came with them. Also, that's not how the mechanic explained the valves to me, it's pressure that opens them, not RPM. I really like it, because just driving around, the sound is good but not loud. But step on the gas a little more, and it opens up. It comes in at any RPM.

8. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    GP - vac operates the valves... But I believe it is an elec signal that opens the small vac valve that sends the vac signal to the ex actuator.
    So it is tuned to open at certain load cond or rpm by the ECU.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. So if this is true, at lower load, or rpm the valves could open on-time for the stock muff.... but "too soon" for the CS system causing less back-pressure and lower torque.

I'm sure an F expert can chime in on this.

9. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    No, I believe you. I'm not an expert in this area, by far. I just know mine works exactly how I want it to. :)

10. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Any drop in torque is probably not noticeable?

11. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I couldn't tell you. My 360 came with an obnoxiously loud aftermarket can. The valved CS has been an improvement in every way, but I never experienced a stock exhaust.

f355spider likes this.
  12. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    I purchased my new racing exhaust set up from a ferrari dealer about 5 years ago back then they were deeply discounted. I have a 3 pedal car. Mine came with 2 new ecu’s that were programmed by the dealer for my car. I didn’t immediately replace the ecu’s, but after I did I have to say I really did not notice a difference. But I don’t track my car.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

one4torque likes this.
  13. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    The ECU's that came with the factory kit were programmed to open the valves at 6k RPM instead of the factory 4k. I believe this was for EPA/noise more than for torque. 360Trev, as many people know, has done a lot of work with the ECU's and his CS maps have been modified to open the valves at the original 4k to improve the torque. To the OP, if you were looking to change your ECU and valve settings, he is the man to speak to.

14. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    The factory ecus are required to eliminate the multiple flat spots that you get when fitting any sports exhaust to a 360 so it's still worth fitting them even if the difference isn't huge, it's how the car would have come from the factory if optioned with the optional sports exhaust. The car will actually perform much better and smooth revving with them fitted. Most people don't really appreciate it but it's actually had the factory maps tweaked to ensure improved drivability across entire rev range. Stock ecu's with a sports exhaust leave a lot on the table and ain't as nice to drive.

Unfortunately for US spec cars the damn regulators got in the way a bit so performance isn't as good as it could be. I can fix this, pm me if you want more details. For instance they demanded lowered valve opening times which impacts maximum torque too unlike the EU spec sports exhaust maps which didnt get such aggressive treatment until later model years. Anything after 2004 got worse performance.

15. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Sierra - will contact trev for some ecu mods when doing my cs muff. He is the man. I would like to know IF there is any change to rwhp/tq with the cs muffler.... and opening settings. Or just noise fun.

360+ - thanks for the seat-o-pants meter..... same thing gp is saying. works fine with modena ex valve tune.... 4k.

I'm not too concerned about epa noise regs..... it's CS sounds we're talking about... not NOISE :)

16. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    trev - we were typing at same time :)

I will be hitting you up for the tune for my CS exhaust.
    Might get my car to a dyno for before/after tune/muff comparo.

All the best to you sir.

G. Pepper likes this.
  17. Henry Venturelli

Oct 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    maddRafiki
    Hello everyone, sorry to rehash this thread after almost a year. I have the same problem. Trying to find a full new or used original CS racing exhaust kit for my 360. Anyone knows where I could find one these days?

18. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I think you probably have to get lucky and stumble across one. I BELIEVE one actually sold fairly recently on this forum.

Kevin

19. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    If you are patient they come up once in a while.

you can do the 430 box for something similar on a budget

20. Henry Venturelli

Oct 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    maddRafiki
    @kes7u @one4torque Actually, it turns out I am able to find the CS silencer relatively easily both new and used (found 2 in less than 1 week), but the silencer (part number 195811) comes as a standalone, and the rest of the required parts are not available as easily. The additional parts needed would be:

- 2x outlet tips
    - central bracket 1(195803)
    - central bracket 2 ( for the gearbox support)
    - 2x heat shields
    - 2x rubber hose for vacuum
    - bolts and nuts (hardwares)

any suggestions? I am not really looking for hacks like the 430 box because I need everything to be original (to get the car registered as a classic vehicle)

21. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    My dealership had a Challenge Stradale exhaust in stock, so I guess I lucked out. :)

one4torque and Henry Venturelli like this.
  22. Henry Venturelli

Oct 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    maddRafiki
    Was this recently? I know they were commonly available a few years back (~2015-2017). If you don't mind me asking, how much did the kit run for when purchased directly as a kit from the dealership?

23. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    It was about three years ago. I don't remember the cost off hand, I'd have to look at the bill and it's in San Antonio, while I'm currently in Colorado. Very cool though. The valves make it quiet enough not to bother my neighbors, and when you hit it, it sounds awesome. Even better now that I replaced the stock headers with Fabspeed.

Henry Venturelli likes this.
  24. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Try this place:
    https://www.eurospares.co.uk/

25. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    one4torque, Rob Chiang and G. Pepper like this.