Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 37 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Fair enough, we can agree to disagree. The level that people put Schumi on, there is no way i can justify him getting beat 3 years straight. If Alonso beats Ocon next year after being off and at 40, there will be no excuse.

2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Like Jordan, these guys training and dieting off the court and field is 24/7/365.

3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    During the 4 years they were team mates, Hamilton finished 3 times ahead of Rosberg in the WDC.

You forgot that stat !

Terra and ktu like this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Wrong: mj when came back to the wizards had to lose 30 pounds in training camp as he had become fat. And he smoked cigars all the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    This is true.

Prior to that though, MJ trained and dieted religiously.

6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

The only question is :

How do you rate Rosberg ?

7. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    How do you rate Barrichello?

8. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    More or less the same.

9. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Mitch did not state "years"

Based on the previous discussion, several days back, I thought we were taking a more detailed look at actual race wins.

Yes. The WDC records are well-known.

Bas and ktu like this.
  10. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I didn't forget anything. See above. Next.

11. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #911 NeuroBeaker, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    I don't think the sport was as competitive in the early days of Formula1. Today, the cars are faster, the time permissible for reaction is smaller, the training much more sophisticated, and the margins for error are much smaller. Looking at a few of Fangio's qualifying sessions in the 1954 season, the spread for the top 10 in qualifying was frequently over 10 seconds. Furthermore, in that very dangerous era of motorsport, a lot of the young fast drivers in Fangio's era didn't get the chance to learn from some mistakes they made, so arguably it was Fangio's consistency and ability to mitigate risk that made him such a prolific champion in his era. Driving in your 40s in 2010 is not equivalent to driving in your 40s in the 1950s.

To put it another way, I won a regional championship in the World Axe Throwing League in early 2018 and came runner up the very next season. However, the sport since evolved, gotten more competitive, and today I wouldn't even qualify for the finals. I haven't gotten worse, but the sport's regulations and competitiveness certainly improved to outpace me.

All the best,
    Andrew.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

Moderator is also like being an educator of some sort I see;)
    Axe throwing league must be quite a cool hobby!

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Ax Throwing Club right on the corner, here....big business....

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  14. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    It is a cool hobby. I've got a modified Hults Bruk Tarnaby as my throwing axe, with the handle smoothed out and a custom leather brace fitted below the head. However, due to scheduling conflicts for matches during the week, lately I've been doing pistol shooting competitions instead (USPSA and SCSA). :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

kes7u and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  15. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    NeuroBeaker likes this.
  16. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I KNEW I liked this guy....!!!!

Kevin

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  17. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Nico kicked Schumi's ass to the curb. Period. Spin it however you want. Diss Hamilton. But the fact remains that Nico owned Schumacher. The same Nico then had a nervous breakdown and retired after "beating" a Hamilton (for one year) only after Hamilton had an incredible number of breakdowns.

Frankly those of you who diss Hamilton don't have a leg (or even a sprained ankle) to stand on. Your hero was slaughtered by the same guy who you lovingly swear beat Hambone.

What a losing and ridiculous argument.

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Nervous breakdown

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    1 breakdown over the entire season.

An incredible number indeed.

What a losing and ridiculous argument.

RobertJRB, stavura, fil and 4 others like this.
  20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Rosberg GOAT contender !
    LOL:p

21. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

And Button outscored Hamilton over there tenure at McLaren

22. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Oh dear

:D

23. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

That's not what the stats say:
    Hamilton 3GPs, 9 podiums, 240 points, 4th in the WDC.
    Button 2GPs, 7 podiums, 214 points, 5th in the WDC

Hamilton 3GPs, 6 podiums, 227 points, 5th in the WDC
    Button 3GPs, 12 podiums, 270 points, 2nd in the WDC

Hamilton 4GPs, 5 podiums, 190 points, 4th in the WDC
    Button 2GPs, 6 podiums, 188 points, 5th in the WDC

So in fact, during their 3 years together, Button "outscored" Hamilton only in 2011, even if they won 3 GPs each.

In total, Hamilton won 10 GPs against 7 for Button.

ktu likes this.
  24. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Hey can post again here after 30 days ban for “alluding” at P&R!

Elton sucks! :D

25. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Ecclestone offers his opinion......take it for what its worth.

Ecclestone: "Schumacher was driving on his own, Hamilton is helped"

Bernie Ecclestone believes that Michael Schumacher had it much more difficult than Lewis Hamilton does now to accumulate such success. The former head of Formula 1 highlights the great help that drivers have today.
    Ecclestone is clear that times have changed in Formula 1, since the pilots of before did not get as much help from their engineers. Bernie, despite the criticism, of course, recognizes that Hamilton is a great driver, one of the five best of the last 30 years.

"Schumi was more or less driving his car alone and Hamilton has God knows who helps him with tire pressure and cornering speeds. This has to do not just with Hamilton, but with the entire Mercedes team since 2013. Before, Alain Prost, whom I greatly admire, was alone in each race. That is no longer the case today, "Ecclestone acknowledged in an interview with AFP.

"You can't say anything bad about Lewis, you can't say he's not good, we don't mean that. He's very talented and he's in the top five of the last 30 years . Whether he's better than Michael or not, it's impossible to tell. say, "he added.

Ecclestone also sees differences in the attitude of Hamilton and Schumacher. Bernie explains that neither the Kaiser nor Nelson Piquet, for example, tried to make people reflect as Hamilton does, or immerse themselves in other worlds as the British do.

" I would say that Michael, Nelson Piquet and others are more or less the same species, but Lewis is something different , the pilots that I have mentioned would not do what Lewis does. I would say that he has no limits in what he does, in his form. to dress. If you did not know that he is a racing driver, maybe you would not guess. In the case of Nelson and Schumi, you realized instantly that they were drivers. They lived differently, they did not ask questions, "he commented.

Ecclestone believes that the driver who most closely resembles Hamilton off the track is Ayrton Senna, as both of them never hid their personality and beliefs both on and off the track.

"In the previous generation, Senna would be the one who would most resemble Lewis for his religious beliefs and because he was faithful to his ideas. The others I do not think they were willing to die for them," Ecclestone has expressed to close.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=https://soymotor.com/noticias/ecclestone-schumacher-pilotaba-por-su-cuenta-a-hamilton-le-ayudan-981058&prev=search&pto=aue

375+ likes this.