Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 221 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    No just the standard buttons on the CF bridge

2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    So you're implying I need new glasses or do you need a new phone???? Or is it my computer...

3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    @Dicecal forgot to ask you, is your F8 2020 or 2021?

4. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    @Dicecal those seats might be the nicest seats I've seen in any Ferrari for a long time

GT2goneF and Dicecal like this.
  5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    it looks like a reflection in the CF.

GT2goneF likes this.
  6. Carbonless

Carbonless Rookie

Oct 27, 2019
    San Diego
    How do you like the seats? I ordered mine with the black Daytona, but was going back and forth. It's hard to get an idea of the difference since the Daytona wasnt in the demo car at the dealer.

7. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #5507 Dicecal, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    When I spec’d my car in tried all the seat options in 488s in the showroom. I always found the race seats to be the most comfortable, form fitting, albeit less padding and no adjustability. The seat back can be moved to change the seat back angle, and obviously you can manually adjust fore and back. I did not get the racing seat lifter and my seating height is fine, add a helmet my head will be real close to hitting the roof.

I did the Daytona race seat, instead of the standard race seat because I didn’t care for the black “silver light “ highlight areas against cuoio ( I think they look great on Nero and would have done those seats with a Nero interior) There is not difference between the standard race seat and daytona race seat other than the covering. The full electric seat is significantly different.

The seats look great and are very supportive, but they are firm and could be tough on long drives if you have any back problems...

GT2goneF likes this.
  8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    In Canada the race seat lifter is compulsory. I highly recommend it since it does offer flexibility in height adjustment and no downside when you eventually sell or trade in the car.

9. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    I've been told the Daytona Race seats are "marginally" the more comfortable of the two Race sears, due to the horizontal padding design.

I was 100% for Race seats until I drove the 812SF with electric comfort seats, then was happy to make the change.

Obviously usage based, as F8 will be a fun/touring car for me.

JAM1 and GT2goneF like this.
  10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You have validated my previous post about the seats. Although you told me not to worry, I was still worried until I read this. Thanks again.

11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    With you on that. Love the looks of the racing seats but for touring fun, I went with fully electric Daytona seats.

xBox likes this.
  12. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I love mine!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

GT2goneF likes this.
  13. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Yes he’s a friend of mine who is an avid F collector. Specs his cars beautifully. He has the Azzuro Dino Pista Spider and a purple Portofino amongst others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT2goneF and F2003-GA like this.
  14. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My dealer told me if it’s a coupe it should have race seats as there’s a higher likelihood it’ll see a track or more spirited driving than a spider. I’m not convinced, but that was their input.

I spec’d my F8 spider with standard electric and different inserts for comfort and as more of a date night car and my wife absolutely prefers the comfort seats over race. I’ve got a number of sports cars and race cars for the aggressive driving so in the end seat choice in the convertible wasn’t critical to me. That said, I do like the look of the race seat more.

xBox and BOKE like this.
  15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    There you are!!! Yes, he does do a great job with his option selection.

plastique999 likes this.
  16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I agree with you. The racing seat are gorgeous and most definitely look a lot better. But the lack of padding worries me as I want it for touring and leisure drives. So I think I made the right decision.

17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Can't wait for mine...

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  18. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    We’ll see how they wear on me, lol. I’m not planning on taking long drives in the car, but there are a lot of high end upholstery shops around here that can install custom seat cushions and backs if i need to go that route....

Boomhauer likes this.
  19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Have driven my F8 1600 kms and 3 hour journeys and both my wife and I find the racing seats highly comfortable. And they are stunning.

elmadi, PTG1, GT2goneF and 1 other person like this.
  20. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Race seats way more supportive and comfortable. Seat padding in both race and stock seats about the same.

21. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I see what you did there ...

:D:D

Mike

22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You're killing me... That is funny! Going to have a little butt and back pillow made and when you get out of the car, leave them there for people to wonder what are those for? Great advertisement for Ferrari... We make beautiful (but very uncomfortable) looking seats.