Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 20 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Fchat Bandemic

Mods and members can we take things down a notch? Everybody chill:)

2. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I would add that they (film stars, pop stars etc) appear to be all things good to all men and their point of view is gospel, but actually in the current climate they know FA about normal life, even if they come from humble backgrounds.
    Tony

Nortonious, jpalmito and lagunacc like this.
  3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Because it requires at least a silver membership ($15 one year), which some folks don’t have. Hence I mentioned the conversation feature.

Igor Ound likes this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I think Hamilton would agree whole heartedly with you. Cognitive dissonance is an interesting phenomenon.

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Yet this very post contradicts your thesis.

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    We mods are laughing at the lack of self awareness. A bunch of people complaining about a guy that can’t seem to keep his politics out of F1, by doing what?

it’s a funny sight.

7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Your message is interesting, I’m not sure I understood everything, can you please develop your thinking?

Nortonious likes this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I hate it when people go off topic! It so annoying and frankly, makes no sense!

just had to get that off my chest.

by the way,

Instructions for my favorite cake.
    Directions
    Instructions Checklist
    • Step 1
      Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.

• Step 2
      In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.

• Step 3
      Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.

9. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Your logic is fallacious.

Decrying the introduction of something is not equivalent to introducing it yourself.

Funny? I think it's all pretty sad. This place was better without all the banishments.

jpalmito and Igor Ound like this.
  10. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I just like the word Bandemic, just my British humor i guess :)
    As an example there are numerous Hollywood film stars who stand up for their principles and take action accordingly, nothing wrong with that. However a hollow act (as far as i know) is just that...hollow and meaningless and actually has the opposite effect of what he's trying to achieve.
    Tony

john Owen and jpalmito like this.
  11. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Pretty heavy as a recipe.
    I have understood the message and go back to my pages on human psychology to deepen my cognitive disorders.

12. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Exactly , i never thought i'd say this , but i already miss William ..

kes7u, lagunacc and Nortonious like this.
  13. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    You forgot the icing on the cupcakes !! :) or is that to follow

Personally my ingredients are:

Step 1 - Add 100kg of fuel to the best F! machine you can build.
    Step 2. Start engine and operate a max for about 2hrs
    Step 3 - Add buckets loads of talent and beat the opposition to a pulp.
    Step 4 - Accept the trophy for being the best cupcake
    Step 5 - Add icing to the cake liberally by doing what you preach.

paulchua likes this.
  14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Agreed, if one has no previous warning - or notification on the policy - yet even with courteous warnings - folks continue to do so.

As I said, some folks here, like Hamilton, feel the need to express their personal political opinions, outweighing the collective policies or rules.

'Enemies of thought' often are a lot closer than realized.

15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Let me throw a few more analogies out there since you would know more than most.
    • Yelling in a library to let everybody know they should be quiet.
    • Speeding to catch a person who passed you on the road to yell they are speeding.
    • Spray painting over graffiti "Stop It."
    • A parent is striking their child to punish for hitting another kid - while saying, "it's wrong to hit."
    • The sentence: "I'm open-minded except things I disagree with."
    An easy list to compile; actually seen these things in real life. Some people's blind spots have no bounds.

Now, what political thing are you going to say to express your displeasure at folks that can't seem to keep politics out of the agenda?

16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Now that's a recipe for success!

TonyL likes this.
  17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Totally fine to critique that, just in the right section. As food recipes are also allowed, (in the Fchat food section)

18. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    You're a kooky bunch.

You'll get over it.

19. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

Another example:
    People participate in a free forum where it is forbidden to mention certain topics.
    These same themes are allowed from the moment people pay.

20. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Since we're laughing at each other's lack of self-awareness, why not encourage those without silver who wish to continue the conversation to finally step up and enjoy the full experience that this site has to offer?

Who wants to write a check, even a small one, to a forum that bans users for discussing things that the F1 drivers say and do on camera during every single F1 broadcast during a season in which an F1 team has even gone so far as to change its livery in support of, well, I can't say for sure but I'm told it's something political?

Lack of self-awareness, indeed.

21. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    This maybe off topic, but if Hamilton is an idiot then Schumacher will look weak as a driver to have his record beat by an idiot

22. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Post of the year

ktu likes this.
  23. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    It was ironic..

Nortonious likes this.
  24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The cost is $15 per year or puts another way, $1.50 $1.25 a month That said, I know many are not as blessed as others. Hence I said one can carry on the topic in a sidebar using the conversation feature free of charge. The paywall's reason is that many P&R issues can be quite controversial and not suitable for everyday discourse. Things that have caused offense to others are prevalent in that section; hence the adding it behind a paywall is intentional (and not from a profit motive.)

@jpalmito =

I admit I have my own bought of irrational behavior, as I termed cognitive dissonance.

I occasionally smoke cigars and cigarettes, even though I know they are unhealthy. I often rationalize away why I'm not exercising as much or eating healthier. At work, I can procrastinate, explaining why I can put off specific tasks when I know I should get on it now.

It's the human condition I am not immune too, which my admittedly haughty responses masks.

That all said, repetition is the mother of pedagogy - Yin and I have been consistent and adamant about the policies of keeping P&R out of F1. At first, we provide courtesy warnings.

Ala Hamilton (currently under investigation for his recent actions), if they are ignored, penalties may and will be incurred by both Fchat denizens and perhaps their favorite SJW and be relegated to the penalty box.

25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    What you don't see is the large group that pings us moderators sick and tired of P&R in F1. I argue those folks are consistent; they don't yell in the library - “be QUIET!" In a sense, they tell us "Librarians," there are a group of teenagers in the corner causing a disruption, can they either STFU or be kindly shown the door.

They don't like politics (no matter who is talking about it) in a forum who's topic is Formula 1. These folks (like I think many here supposedly preach) Think politics have no place in F1, like say, on shirts.

Perhaps LeClerc should don a 'counter' shirt that says something akin to "No SJW in F1" I think there is a cohort here that would judge this is the proper thing to do.