F1 GRAN PREMIO Heineken D’ITALIA 2020: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 22 | FerrariChat

F1 GRAN PREMIO Heineken D’ITALIA 2020: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    @11506apollo attempted to circumvent this action by registering an alternate account. The alternate account has been permanently banned and the ban on his original account has been extended to 20 days.

All the best,
    Andrew.

2. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    @11506apollo re-registered yet another circumvention account. This alternate account has been permanently banned and the ban on his original account has been extended to 40 days.

All the best,
    Andrew.

DF1 likes this.
  3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 Agree

4. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew

Moderators are members first and moderators second. We are volunteers, not employees. We don't give up our membership privileges when we volunteer our time to keep the forum neat and tidy.

The same as with any member, our P&R views should be contained to the appropriate areas. P&R is the standard containment zone for such commentary, although I do acknowledge that the Australian regional subforum (which I forgot about because I don't frequent it) does have some long-standing exceptions to the usual FChat rules and etiquettes.

All the best,
    Andrew.

5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Maybe that’s not the best way to go about it? my 2cents

6. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Most forums use volunteer moderators and do not use paid moderation staff. Rob has discussed why this is so in the past, but I'd not a staff member, can't speak for the business side of FChat, and can't get into a debate on business strategy. If it's really a pressing issue for you, I suggest using the contact form on the website to reach the administrators and take it up with them.

All the best,
    Andrew.

7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Not a pressing issue at all and not regarding this thread or any particular moderators. Just a suggestion so to align moderators’ actions to increasing success and popularity of this site

8. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    You'd not get any volunteers at all if the condition of service was that we couldn't express our opinions with civility as other members do. At that point, it's an unpaid job rather than a volunteer role for an online community that we love to be members of.

All the best,
    Andrew.

9. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Didn’t mean that should be the thing to change. More like having moderators sharing the success of the site as activity increases rather than being just unpaid volunteer. Might end up benefiting everybody and having a much more lively forum as same goals would be shared by everybody

10. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The moderators are very motivated to see an active and lively site. Anyway, we're getting off topic, so let's take this to PM.

All the best,
    Andrew.

Igor Ound likes this.
  11. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Igor Ound likes this.
  12. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was one of those for a while. I had semi-abandoned F1 this year considering the gloom, but have been catching up and will be current after tonight. This was the best F1 race I've seen in a long time! Dreadful for tifosi, but I still love this sport and watching these fantasic machines blitz the track! Would still like to hear them more, but that's another discussion.

13. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Glad your back!! [thumbs up]

william likes this.