F1 GRAN PREMIO Heineken D’ITALIA 2020: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 15 | FerrariChat

F1 GRAN PREMIO Heineken D’ITALIA 2020: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    He isn't Maldonado either!

2. Col. Kurtz

Col. Kurtz Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    Walter E.
    That was a great race for many non-skill related reasons lol. Dangerous crash, pit lane closure issues, etc. But I'll take it!

Has Binotto been fired yet? Why is that clown still around?

3. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    :rolleyes:

5. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Words of William should never be confused with Words of Wisdom.:cool::p:D

6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Madame Irma

Nembo1777 likes this.
  7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Can you see now how interesting a race can be without Hamliton running away with it at the start?

8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Reverse grid racing???

nietoale1 and Igor Ound like this.
  9. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    WCC points

1 Mercedes 281
    2 Red Bull Racing Honda 158
    3 McLaren Renault 98
    4 Racing Point BWT Mercedes 82
    5 Renault 71
    6 Ferrari 61
    7 AlphaTauri Honda 47
    8 Alfa Romeo Racing Ferrari 2
    9 Haas Ferrari 1
    10 Williams Mercedes 0

10. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    you can't say that, some here will fall into deep depression !

Igor Ound likes this.
  11. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Sorry if a re-post, but pretty funny and appropriate:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I just think (hope?) Ferrari gave up on this season and are not spending a cent on development except in the background for next year.

Not cool to risk Charles’ safety like today but good to know Sainz is joining the team next year

fil, Igor Ound and jpalmito like this.
  12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

This would have been applicable to Vettel or MS as well. Dominance numbs the enjoyment lol

PureEuroM3, Nembo1777, jcurry and 2 others like this.
  13. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Interesting, yes, but F1 is about excellence and competition and that's why it's 'right' that Hamilton and Mercedes keep winning now, just as Schumacher and Ferrari kept winning in the past.

It was great to see Gasly win but Hamilton showed us just why he is the best, catching the pack at 3seconds a lap and making his way up to 7th in a car setup to run in clean air at the front. Apart from Kimi going backwards, and some jostling at the (re)starts I don't recall any other overtakes at all.

TopspeedPT and garrobitto like this.
  14. DF1

Lack of drag. Just ask Mercedes. Drag was bad today. Clean aero was the winner with good power and reliability. Same for Mclaren

zygomatic likes this.
  15. DF1

Yes in either race -- we actually had 2 distinct races, passing was not at all apparent in number.

16. DF1

This traffic issue and temps was a problem last year and others. They suffered in traffic in the past. Problem is no one can deal with them in qualy.

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    So great to hear the French and Italian anthems on the podium! How long has it been????

18. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Hamilton is just showing how weak Bottas is.
    Again without real top driver comparison we can just speculate about him.
    In addition you mention a "right" to win according to a presupposed hierarchy.
    It's the very opposite of car racing i would say.

19. DF1

Fully agree. That music today was so fantastic!!

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  20. DF1

Mayor we need your post-race Binotto classic post - photo or small video for today's Ferrari double DNF lol :)

ypsilon likes this.
  21. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  22. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I have been wishing for this for years if not decades.

Gordon Ramsey, err Crofty himself said so today during the race: Reverse grid virtually guarantees epic races.

walnut likes this.
  23. DF1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/151940/mercedes-explains-pitlane-error-that-screwed-hamilton

Mercedes has explained the error which "screwed" Lewis Hamilton's Italian Grand Prix after receiving a penalty for entering the pitlane while it was closed.

Hamilton sat over 10 seconds clear of Formula 1 field at Monza when the safety car was deployed when Haas driver Kevin Magnussen parked up at the side of the track near the pit entry.

It prompted race control to deploy the safety car and then close the pitlane 11 seconds later, preventing drivers from coming in so that Magnussen's car could be wheeled to safety.

But Hamilton came into the pits after missing the signal boards saying the pitlane had been closed, leading to an investigation from the stewards.

Hamilton was handed a 10-second stop/go penalty, leaving him more than 25 seconds off the back of the field after he came in one lap after the race restarted following a red flag.

Hamilton was able to claw his way back to seventh place, picking up a bonus point for the fastest lap in the process.

Mercedes F1 chief Toto Wolff explained that the team was unable to see the boards denoting that the pitlane was closed from the pitwall, and that there was no red light at the pit entry.

"It was a weird sequence of events that maybe we could have spotted earlier," Wolff said.

"The decisions that were taken were highly unusual, but they were absolutely within the rules.

"One of the Haas [cars] was parked to the right, near the entry, on the inside of Parabolica, and there was a single yellow. 11 seconds later, a safety car was deployed.

"Once the safety car was deployed, they put the entry to the pitlane on red, but it wasn't exactly red, it was two yellow crosses on the outside.

"One of the strategists just shouted into the radio whilst we were entering the pitlane. There was confusion.

"We can't see the signs, and this is just a sequence of events that screwed Lewis's race. Not happy, but you have to take it on the chin."

Hamilton revealed after the race that he had failed to spot the yellow crosses on the boards saying the pitlane was closed, accepting the blame for the error.

"Honestly I didn't see those boards, so I take responsibility for that," Hamilton said.

"[It is] something I will learn from. To get seventh and still get the fastest lap, that's still some good points considering I definitely didn't think that was possible from 26 seconds behind the last car.

"I'll definitely take it, and grateful obviously Max [Verstappen] didn't score any points. So not a huge loss today."

Wolff said the only way Mercedes could have spotted that the pitlane was shut was by looking at the fourth page of the FIA's timing information.

"From the pitwall, you can't see these yellow crosses, and if the driver doesn't spot them, which I believe is absolutely the truth, the only way you can see that the pitlane was closed was on page four of the FIA communications system," Wolff said.

"Nobody looks at that page when the safety car is deployed, the driver is about to come into the pits. Everything is concentrated around the pitstop.

"Unlucky, I would say, and a very unusual decision to close the pitlane."

william likes this.
  24. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    You can say Bottas is weak or Hamilton is strong. Bottas hasn't been weak against any other teammate. I think Hamilton learned from having Rosberg as a teammate: he's even better now and doesn't show his hand to his teammate in the data before final qualifying and the race.

Any 'right' to win is based on being the best. The best driver/car combination is what has the 'right' to win and that's exactly what competition should be about. Entertainment is something different.

25. DF1