Williams F1 | Page 32 | FerrariChat

Williams F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by BJMoravek, Mar 3, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'm glad the team will continue under the Williams brand and will get much needed financial support. It looks like Sir Frank Williams and Claire Williams are continuing in their current roles at the team with only the ownership changing hands. Is that correct?

Amazing statistic. :cool:

All the best,
    Andrew.

2. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    And unfortunately probably still the last GP they’ll have ever won

3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Some nostalgia here..
    The FW14B was so beautiful

Simon^2 likes this.
  4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    FW07 for me though I never cared for the livery.

5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Yes and FW11 either

6. Adrian Thompson

Adrian Thompson Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Beverly Hills, Mi
    Full Name:
    Adrian Thompson
    So, Clair out in 3, 2, 1....?

7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Can’t believe she preferred losing everything rather then try stepping down. Would also love to know how she could lose Rokit’s sponsorship before the season even started. Worst team principal ever?

Bas likes this.
  8. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I always thought that Claire Williams gets more flak than deserved.

Yes, of course, she´s there because she´s the daughter of the owner, but the team was already in the **** before she came, and she got their best result in 10 or more years (3rd in 2014).

william likes this.
  9. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Shows with her at the helm it went downhill the whole time until it couldn’t really get any lower

10. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Is there anything left the advanced engineering part was sold, now the F1 team?

11. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Did they keep the heritage side run by Claire’s brother maybe?

12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Ecclestone may be involved in Williams buyout

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/732641/Ecclestone_may_be_involved_in_Williams_buyout/

Friday 28 August at 10:35 : Aug.28 (GMM) A Formula 1 journalist is wondering if Bernie Ecclestone is involved in the Williams buyout.

Earlier in 2020, when the struggling British team announced it was for sale, the former F1 supremo said Williams would be "a great loss" to the sport.
    "I am looking around to find people who could and might be involved," Ecclestone said.

And so it is fascinating that while Williams' new owner is the New York-based investment company Dorilton Capital, Ilta Sanomat journalist Janne Aittoniemi has spotted a crucial detail when digging a little deeper. He says the team has in fact been bought by a Dorilton subsidiary called BCE Limited. BCE is 89-year-old Ecclestone's full initials - Bernard Charles Ecclestone. "It's hard to find information about the mysterious BCE Limited," Aittoniemi admitted.

Another rumour is that the buyout could result in a change of leadership at Williams - notably the departure of team boss Claire Williams.
    Ecclestone had said in June: "Frank was hands-on in the way he managed the team. Unfortunately, the current management do not have the same status as Frank. He could get things done."
    When asked at Spa about Claire Williams' future, team driver George Russell said: "You know, I haven't thought about it.
    "But the Williams family occupies an important place in the history of Formula 1. I am sure that Frank would not have sold the team if he was not sure that this option gave it the best possible future."
    As for what management changes might be needed, Russell added: "The task of the driver is to drive, so I'll leave those questions to the people who can answer it properly."

13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Bernie's back?

14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #791 Bas, Aug 28, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    She became TP in 2013...with 2014 being such a big change in rules, that car being good likely down to 2 things: previous management/Tech dept and that Mercedes engine.

As Igor says...why didn't she step down and simply sit on the board and let someone more capable sit in TP role? I will never forget the moment that, when Williams was already doing terrible, she seemed more concerned about a driver manager walking about in clothes she didn't like and typed an email about it, and had a discussion about it with some other girl. Priorities...

15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

16. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Claire Williams = Monisha Kalteborn

It's just a matter of time now.

17. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Just taking a breather.......

18. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Thank goodness for that. Time for Williams to rebuild. I hope they can. A once great team that needs to stay in the sport and thrive.

Jack-the-lad, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  19. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  20. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    She wanted to stay but they seem to think she was the problem as well. Paddy Lowe back? :D

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  21. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Terribly sad but let’s be honest. She was never really up to it.