FORMULA 1 ROLEX BELGIAN GRAND PRIX-->RACE▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 8 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ROLEX BELGIAN GRAND PRIX-->RACE▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Aug 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Poor aero concept that I didn't understand last year (low downforce), was masked a bit because they had a great engine. Chassis hasn't been great for many years.

FIA pulled the plug on Ferrari's engine so Ferrari basically had to build a new engine ''from scratch'', so they're massively down on power...combined with very poor aero concept still and unfixed chassis makes for a frankly terrible car. Another season and half for this at least. 2022 earliest they can do *something*, but of course, with the FIA not allowing many engine upgrades...they better make some good ones or Ferrari is truly ****ed.

375+ likes this.
  2. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Kinda funny to see Seb & Charles trying to run each other off the road for P12 & P13

tifosi12 and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  3. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Man, Vettel must be thinking that he dodged a bullet with them not wanting to sign him again. Sainz, on the other hand, has to be sweating bullets and wondering what he got himself into. Leclerc has to be wondering how he can get a seat in a Mercedes. What a mess...

tifosi12 and garrobitto like this.
  4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Makes you wonder , do we even need F1 nowadays?

Hard to imagine fans flocking back to the track after the covid eases up.Paying quite big $ to watch exactly what?

Are they missing the amazing noise the close racing, even Tifosi getting restless now ...maybe time to move on to whatever coming next?

5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Pandemic could possibly accelerate F 1 to the “next” thing!

6. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    The whole so called sport is in a huge mess. This is the first time in ages I've seen a sport whereby there's 100% no competition. Look at the race, if i recall, the same fellas who stated in the top 4 finished in exactly the same positions.

The biggest dumbo here has to be Bottas. What a lapdog. The message he shared on the team radio last year Australian GP, he should look himself in the mirror and mention that same message back to himself. What a wuss.

Giallo 550, 375+, jpalmito and 2 others like this.
  7. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Typical drama of him with his BLM t shirt at the start of the race.

Jeronimo GTO, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  8. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    At this point, Ferrari should question themselves why are they even in the sport at the moment. Since the stupid hybrid era, there's just domination on one end. Each time Ferrari makes progress, it's considered cheating. I would pack up everything and leave the sport altogether. The way and direction the sport is heading is something Ferrari don't need to sell their cars.

9. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    I realized today with the spacing from #1 to #2 and how consistent the separation was, that even if Verstappen managed to magic his way around Bottas, the 6-second gap to Hamilton would be impossible to cover. I know teams work together, etc., etc., etc.. Bottas, though has flipped the old definition of being a back marker into the first world-class underachieving "front marker" in the field. Lots of guys here and elsewhere would be fine (privately) with millions a year in salary, the chance to drive and F1 car, and benefit from the superiority of the machine he has, so no critique of him as long as he never buys into that "That's OK, Valtteri, it'll be your turn soon, Lewis won't want to win them all forever...

Remy Zero likes this.
  10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm pretty sure Ferrari still makes money every year running their F1 team. That, and the loss of their prestigious ''competed in every single season of F1 thus far'' will get lost. Rather, they need the balls to tell F1 brass exactly why they need to allow development. It's not to bring Ferrari closer to the front....it's for the good of everyone.

2022 is the first time we can actually see genuine racing happen. I pray Mercedes gets real competition. Of course I much more hope they produce the dog of all dogs but that's unlikely to happen..

Remy Zero, jpalmito and marcos like this.
  11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Bottas has no balls. None. Every single off-season he keeps telling everyone ''no guys, this year it's Bottas 2.0...3.0...4.0'' bla bla bla. He manages to stick it on pole sometimes when he's forgotten he's not allowed to do that, then dutifully move over to let his master go by and lead the way. Good start? Best not actually pass his owner...
    Lap dog of the highest regard.

12. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Please don't say that !
    He is a such great driver ! ( Hammy fanboys echo )

Remy Zero likes this.
  13. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    100% agree

FFantastic and marcos like this.
  14. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Bring back Luca for the sake of my ongoing and further love of Ferrari and stop this embarrassment

15. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Yes, but we are used to it having sporadic periods of success for the last 50 years!

Poor Mr Sainz will struggle if they retain that car. I was impressed with Leclerc who dragged the donkey around that track but it didnt last when he destroyed his tyres and fell back just in front of Vettel.

jpalmito likes this.
  16. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Bring back Enzo as well, I'm sure he wouldnt stand for this FIA nonsense :)

Tell me you are joking -Luca De Montezemolo was the architect behind this shambles by basically sacking the dream team. Continuity went out the window like a bolt of lighting and the slide down started from there. Clever guy but made a serious error.

Best

tony

Jakuzzi, LVP488 and subirg like this.
  17. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    You know things are bad when even Toto is publicly saying that Ferrari needs to be at the front for the sake of the sport...

Turning to other interesting topics; is Albon a lost cause? We like to bash Bottas for being a poor number 2, but Albon makes him look like a multi WDC. Even Stroll is more impressive this year which has to be the ultimate insult..!

18. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Both Albon and Gasly are good drivers.
    The RB 16 is far from being a W11 contender.
    Fact is Max is something else.

Giallo 550 likes this.
  19. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    Didn't mention engine. The problems also include the aero package, suspension and current team staff on track and back at Maranello. They may be handcuffed by the FIA but other teams have figured ways to not embarrass themselves.

20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Plus the vig.

21. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    #196 pilotoCS, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    Again, what difference does any of that make when you have the slowest engine? I'll answer - nothing! Witness HAAS and Alfa - same engine, same results.

22. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Couldn't disagree more.

I cant wait to attend another F1 race in person. Had tickets for this year's Dutch GP premier. Covid cancelled those plans. But with a vaccine I'll be back at the track next year. Just waiting for the announcements of the new racing dates.

cairns likes this.
  23. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think most agree the state of F1 is in shambles and has been for some time... especially in the hybrid era when Mercedes, with the help of the FIA were able to lock in their initial dominance and never look back. I don't know that we've seen an era such as this were teams were forcibly handcuffed from development to catch the dominant team. It used to be the other way around. You can point to Red Bull's stint as proof. For Lewis to state "they're always trying to slow us down" is just about as ridiculous as it gets. The rulings of the FIA for this year and next basically handed Mercedes the both championships ... again. Yet no one seems even remotely curious as to why. No uproar from anyone... even the rival teams. Maybe there's more to it, but from a fan perspective, it looks awfully suspect after what's going to be 7 years of utter dominance. F1 has become almost more political as much as it is a sport. I think the politics of celebrity, messaging, and other social justice warrior issues really took hold and there seems to be more of an appetite for those political tangibilities than there does for pure racing as a sport. Whether or not 20 years from a story unfolds about the pure corruption of this era will be interesting. There's a lot of what's going on that just doesn't make sense.

Putting the grander conspiracy theory aside, I do have a legitimate and sincere question regarding Merc. It's obvious there's a lot of value in having Lewis be this utterly dominant driver in F1. He's truly the only celebrity on the grid... about as close as a household name as you get with F1. Now with his social justice warrior activism, I think it's even better for F1 to continue this story this season and next and ensure certain outcomes. There's no doubt...none whatsoever... that Lewis is a rare talent, but just given normal odds... there's seems to be an advantage that I just can't quite get my head around.

I think it's obvious that Merc is just toying with everyone else on the track and they still hold plenty in reserve as they seem to easily chip a second off any lap at will. I'm wondering about Bottas, however. Can... or maybe... would a team turn down the power ever so slightly on a driver's car just to knock off that small but all important couple 100ths... a tenth... at crucial times? Keep it close for sure... and most importantly for the reason of just making Lewis appear that much more of what he is to make him seem that much an impact and story? Just curious.

24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 Post of the Month

25. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Lewis has a better feel for preserving tire life than anyone near the front of the grid.

After watching Botas for years, he is just not as fast as Lewis on flowing tracks, nor does he have the ability to preserve tires like Lewis.
    I see no reason Mercedes would slow Botas and take a chance that Max could attack and steal some extra points.