348 Market | Page 9 | FerrariChat

348 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by vvassallo, May 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    albert328gts, Lifeboatboy and Wade like this.
  2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    collector no doubt?

3. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Not strictly accurate. Seems there is a lot of discussion around this.

4. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    #204 max930, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    This looks like a good deal: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/920556898435186/ being euro spec, my bet it was imported from Japan into Canada. What's the difference between euro and North American spec?

add in. according to my banks currency converter $65,000 CDN is roughly $49,119 USD.

steved033 likes this.
  5. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    US spec was seat belt differences, side marker difference, 3rd brake light in the trunk lid, rear bumper cutout shape.

sjd

max930 likes this.
  6. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Thanks......... hate the US era of electric seatbelts. We didn't have them in Canada.

7. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I'm sort of stream of consciousness listing the differences. I'm probably missing some details.

Early US spec had normal seatbelts and the short lower dash parts with the flat-angled radio cover--and were also Motronic 2.5 like all early 348s and 89 Mondial Ts. Very shortly thereafter, US spec cars got the longer lower dash parts (anti-submarining) which required the use of the longer square radio cover which also included a 348ts, 348tb, or SS logo. (cars that have the short euro style underdash got the flat angled radio cover. Cars with the big underdash got the square radio cover with logo).

All US and Canadian spec cars got the front and rear side markers in the bumper covers. None of them got the fender mounted repeaters (indicators) like euro spec. They all got the third brake light in the engine cover lid and of course had the rear bumper cutout for a US/Canadian-sized license plate.

While all US spec cars got front fog lights, none of them got rear fog lights like euro spec. Canada spec got normal non-mousetrap seatbelts, but they didn't front or rear fog lights.
    Canadian cars, since they didn't get the mousetrap seatbelts and didn't need the big underdash have the Euro style dash and radio cover. Obviously Canadian cars got European instrumentation because unlike the US they use proper measurements. :)

Euro cars don't have the VIN tag with production month/year on the left door jamb like US and Canadian cars. Euro cars simply have a VIN plate on the right door jamb but it does not contain the production month/year on it.

Headlight differences--the euro headlights are FAR AND AWAY better than the US/DOT/Canadian headlights, which is typical for the era.

I believe there are some engine bay differences--different Motronic components. One of the threads recently that are talking about FPRs is making me think so. Looking at the US spec cars vs my euro spec car, things are a bit different in this area, but I'm not confident enough to point out all of the details.

ernie, mmatting and steved033 like this.
  8. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Wow..that's awesome Great color combo, looks like blu chiaro and a tb at that. I would bet it did in fact come from Europe as it still has an EU front plate on it (although that could have been added just for kicks. Wish there were better pictures.

9. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I have an '89 and successfully avoided it.

sjd

max930 likes this.
  10. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I have a 92 euro, so I avoided it in a different way. ;) I've also come to love the non-US dash and radio cover too.

Dolcevita and steved033 like this.
  11. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    I too avoided it like bjwhite and love the fact that I don't even have a radio behind the radio cover, my iPhone fits perfectly and snugly in there when I need gps ;)

steved033 likes this.
  12. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
  13. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    ATLdoghouse and GTO Joe like this.
  14. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Plus it's got the wrong badge on the back. :p

steved033 likes this.
  15. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Shhhh, so does mine. :) I wish they had posted more interior pics. I actually went to Scan Auto's website and they don't yet show the 348 in their inventory. Mostly, a bunch of silver and white Porsches.

16. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    ok f-chatters, it's still early in the day to be really drunk...

'89 on starfish with all black interior and tan seats....just pulled 60k at mecum, which has been historically terrible to these cars.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    Cheez...well bought. Nice looking targa with upgraded wheels. sweet

18. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I’m going to be back in the market for the next Ferrari soon. I last year I was going between the 328 and the 348. Decided on a 328, had it, sold it, now it’s onto the 348. I’m astounded for what these cars DON’T go for compared to the rest. My friend has a very nice one but wants top dollar and it’s going on 9yrs past the major, so I’m a little Leary on it. But still, these cars seem to be a great bang for the buck.

cheers
    Dave

19. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    What is top dollar? And is it a rare combo or something common?

20. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Obviously it’s blue ;)

smithson likes this.
  21. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    No, not a rare combo. Classic Rosso Corsa and tan. He's in the upper 70s but thinks it should be more than that.

Cheers
    Dave

22. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    For a red on tan car? Meh. Not a chance. Unless it's factory fresh clean.

23. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
  24. Michael_Davis

Michael_Davis Karting

Aug 17, 2020
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Michael Davis
    Lets talk. Thinking about retiring early and selling my Nero/Nero 95 348 Spider with 26K, major done in 2017, chrome starfish (plus originals), Nouvalari can (plus original and bracket) to put together the last of the funds I need. I am much more sane than your friend, in terms of expectations.

25. QSA

QSA Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    Kingwood, TX
    Full Name:
    Quinn
    Already? Didn't you buy this just a few months ago? Retirement would be better with a Ferrari to drive, so why not work a little longer and keep it!