360 - In love with the 360 | FerrariChat

360 In love with the 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by 550nitis, Aug 12, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    I am just fully inlove with my 360. Everything from it's gorgeous lines to simple interior with no buttons on the steering wheel. The engine is just tits all day long abd the fact that it's a manual just energized each shift.

Love this freaking car.

Diehl Jones, Robb, Mimmo Blue and 4 others like this.
  2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I love any post where you can work the word "tits" in.

Diehl Jones, GSF355, Robb and 9 others like this.
  3. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    3 years with mine and I still love looking at it. Hard to park it and walk away without turning back to get one more look at that sleek beautiful body. Sometimes I go out to my garage just to peek that wonderful engine under glass.

Every drive is engaging and I feel in control --- with no screens and unnecessary electronic hindrances to my choices as a driver.
    I love the fact that there's no cup holder or cruise control.

HJZ360, SRLC716, E60 M5 and 2 others like this.
  4. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I’m on year 3 as well w my gated modena.

each drive is an event

the smells sounds mechanical feel emotion... ahhh I need to go for a drive

Zanny1 likes this.
  5. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Totally love this post… I posted something very similar about my 430 spider a couple of days ago. Newer is not always better!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    I agree with the OP. And I think if I ever did replace mine it would be to go into a 355, but I need a deeper maintenance budget approval from the wife first ;)

Robb likes this.
  7. jdlegg

jdlegg Karting

Dec 22, 2009
    Bryan
    Full Name:
    James D
    I concur with OP's assessment. Had '00 360 6-speed for 13 years. It was a blast to drive. That being said, I really enjoy the functional A/C in my 488, especially in the Texas summer heat.

E60 M5 likes this.
  8. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Surprising. I live in Florida and I find my 360 A/C is very good when properly charged up.

But a 488, well that too is one beautiful body ;).

jdlegg likes this.
  9. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Don't know if I lucked out but my A/C is super and blows artic air. One of the best A/C I've ever had.

10. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Was looking at the new T50 and actually see slot of the 360 in it. The 360 deign is just so pure. Not trying to over due anything, just pure design. Love love.

imposible not to look back every time you park it.

tonyc and KC360 FL like this.
  11. Silentnoiz

Silentnoiz Karting

Nov 18, 2017
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Silent Noiz
    I bought a 360 instead of a 430 because I preferred the looks of the 360. The body design and lovely curves are just awesome. The 430 is still gorgeous, and is a blast to drive.

550nitis, kes7u, KC360 FL and 2 others like this.
  12. Mbelliss

Mbelliss Karting

Mar 28, 2018
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Mark B
    Many of your comments represent my decision to buy a gated 03 spider vs 550 vs 430 F1. 2 years in, the love is only deeper...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

550nitis likes this.
  13. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Some of you guys need to stick with writing to penthouse forums...:eek::D

cole328 likes this.
  14. 911gt3

911gt3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Enjoy reading this thread. I replaced my Corsa Scud (loved) with a 99 black/black/manual bucket seat Modena (love more). My other current cars are GT3 and RS and on track they are flawless and bulletproof. But my 360 is the car I should have purchased years ago. I drive it everyday and absolutely can’t see the enjoyment ever ending. I bought it sight unseen due to Covid and travel, and when received realized I overpaid. PPI was good but not great. Obvious overspray indicating repaint never mentioned to me. The car has been injured, repainted, has more nicks in the rockers than any 12k car should have (yes I’m suspicious), missing fasteners which means it’s been apart and hastily put back together, and yet looks great, drives great, sounds amazing and because it’s not perfect I drive it everyday and am not afraid to park it. A better search would have saved me money, but not given me a better car for my daily driver. I hope as my ownership continues I don’t find gremlins, but after 1,000 miles, no issues except battery swap (AntiGravity Lithium). Despite the overpay, still giddy. Love looking at it everyday and love looking at all your 360s pics on other threads. Thanks!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I thought for a while that I would be moving into a 458 from my current 360. But lately, I don't see it. I've asked myself what is it I would like more about the 458 over the 360 and frankly I cannot think of much. The 458 body is amazing, to be sure, and the DCT may be an improvement and I have driven one (but my late model has the best TCU for the 360) and--- well that's about it.

My 360 still thrills me. Since it is not a track car it has all the usable power I need and is perfect for the street. The looks are a grand slam. And mine is spec-ed about as perfect as I could have hoped for.
    I believe this is one car I will own for quite some time.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Love the wheels...!

Todd Laing likes this.
  17. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    interesting, same here. Was looking at a 550 first then moved to a F430 and settled on the 360 as it checked all the boxes.

18. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Don't worry, I over paid also. Mine is a 45k mile drivers car. Good news that lots of things had taken over but I calculate that I over paid by $10k at least as the car needs cosmetic work. But it's all good and while yes that stings it really doesn't matter as I just love this freaking car.

Apollo 11 likes this.
  19. 911gt3

911gt3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks for that. I feel better. I overpaid by at least 20k given the car had undisclosed body work and near complete repaint with overspray 3 places on the challenge grill from a crappy rushed masking job. But—like you said, I just love the car and in a way, ended up with the best possible driver. I mean, if it was all virgin paint I would have gone crazy the first time it was dinged or dented. Now I’m like—well, a second repaint doesn’t lower the value than a first repaint, so no big deal! Thanks again.

550nitis likes this.
  20. 911gt3

911gt3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    Louisville, KY

21. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    I definitely overpaid for mine, but had I done a great PPI, it would have scared me away and I never would have made the plunge, jumped and bought the car.

Finding that she was a little rough around the edges I was initially heartbroken, but actually, it was a blessing in disguise since it makes me able to drive it without being super worried about it.

I've actually enjoyed fixing it up over the last few years oh, I don't see myself selling at anytime soon either. I really enjoy the style of the car... Its just special to drive, such an event, noisy and raw.

A 458 is an amazing car, maybe that's the problem,(really not a problem) it's too good, too refined. I like the drama with my 360.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

kes7u, 911gt3 and 550nitis like this.
  22. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Thanks, me too. I haven't seen any I like better.
    Ironically, They are from a company called Forged 360

550nitis likes this.
  23. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    I hear ya. My car has a bunch of spots and dings and front bumper that needs repainting so I'm finally going to get all of this fixed so its back to top condition again. Over the last three years I've been doing small things to get it where I want it to be cosmetically. What was important to me was to buy a car mechanically string hence the miles. So now it's time to take the plunge and get the rocker panels, front bumper repainted and color corrected. Next thing will be the stupid def vents. Old girl getting a refresh!

911gt3 and brookliner7 like this.
  24. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    That's thing, 458 and all these modern cars are just all so perfect. Prefer my car raw, manual. No screens, no anything. It's just a analog machine.

brookliner7 likes this.
  25. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    yup
    yes
    absolutely!

The 360 still feels like a sports cars to me. After driving a 458, well, I kinda felt both isolated and insulated surrounded by a lot of stuff I don't need or want.