458 - 458 hunt | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 458 hunt

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by carsten hoffmann, Aug 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. StevoA

StevoA Rookie

Jun 22, 2015
    Good luck with your hunt, best holding out until you can tick 90% of your boxes, it’s worth it. I took a while to find mine and then the perfect car came up and I jumped at it two weeks ago, been watching market for months. Patience will pay off but be prepared to compromise on something, the car will not disappoint!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Need4Spd likes this.
  2. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
  3. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Agree about being patient for the right car. I've noticed that even though Autotrader appears to have quite a few 458s listed many ads are duplicates so the numbers aren't that great. Dealers I've spoken to are very anxious to get their hands on 458s of any variety because they can't keep them for too long once they acquire them. The 458 will go down as one of the greatest Ferraris ever produced IMHO.

Need4Spd likes this.
  4. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I question those dealers claims. I see dealers sitting on the same 458s for literally 6 to 8 months already-- lots of 458s just sitting. I follow the 458 market and take notes. There's even a few I follow at the same dealer as a particular car I would be interested in. Not moving. Very small if any price drop. Remember dealers want folks to believe that they better act fast in hopes of making a sale. Because no matter the make, that is the goal.

The dealer I bought my 360 from-- as I was not committing to a sale fast enough-- told me that I'd better hurry because he had someone else interested in the car. I still took my time to fully vet the car. I later found that he was lying.
    Another dealer that had a 360 I was negotiating with was adamant about his price and would not deal. So I passed. That same dealer had that car for at least a year before I quit following it-- and he never reduced the price. Dealers selling used Ferraris are still used car dealers. They have a certain MO no matter what the model or make is.

5. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    So true. It must be in every car salesman/dealerships credo to initially say that "you better hurry because someone else JUST CAME IN to look at the car and is very interested." Or "wait a minute, let me check I think the car is sold already." Then miraculously it hasn't been sold and its surprisingly available! Its pretty funny really but its every one of their playbooks and if you're savvy enough to know about it you want fall for it. :)

6. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    to each his own of course, but the white top is to me, NO BUENO :)

KC360 FL likes this.
  7. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    So true on the “I have someone interested “ line.
    One time.....a sales person told me that.( She’s actually a good friend of mine now) and the car actually sold.
    But thats the only time I can think of.
    My response is usually “ ok....let me know what they say...if its meant to be it will be there”

8. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I check out AT just about every day or every other day looking at 458s.
    Some are definitely selling but I also see a LOT of the same cars listed.
    No reduction in price and what seems to be a high price.
    It almost seems like a game of chicken as to who will budge on price first.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  9. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Truth be told, there are a few Ferraris out there that seem that they’ve been ordered from the factory by a color blind client, and those take a very long time indeed to move. And I suspect they only do after a massive price drop.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

KC360 FL likes this.