458 - 458 hunt | FerrariChat

458 458 hunt

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by carsten hoffmann, Aug 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carsten hoffmann

Aug 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    carsten hoffmann
    Call me crazy but is suddenly seems really hard to find a 458 and prices seem to have increased slightly. Anyway, found one in paint to match Le Mans blue with carbon sports seats (large). How do those compare to the regular or Daytona seats? I am tall and skinny.

Thanks in advance

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You will fit just fine. I’m 64 215 and sport seats were perfect for me. There’s a great one on sale in the classified sections check it out

4. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I don't know where you are looking but AutoTrader, Cars.com, Car Gurus and other websites have pages of 458s for sale. I've been following 458 pricing for about a year now and I don't see any increases at all. Mostly very small decreases in prices (1% or 2% at most). To add, a lot of specific 458s I follow have been for sale for over 6 months. IMO, most prices seem stagnant as well as sales.

A lot of dealers are sitting on consignment cars owned by unrealistic owners. You simply need to be patient and find the car that the owner has finally realized what real world pricing is and is ready to let the car go just move on. But with that said that may be tough. A lot of folks can be very stubborn about the dollar value that they have put on their cars

5. carsten hoffmann

Aug 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    carsten hoffmann
  6. carsten hoffmann

Aug 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    carsten hoffmann
    very helpful - thank you

7. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    These cars have a mini market inside them. Just FYI. If you want a yellow spider with black racing seats with white stitching, there could be two cars and four buyers. Or four cars and two buyers. If you are picky, the market can certainly swing up and down.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I’ve never seen this color on 458. Link?

9. TUTTSF

TUTTSF Karting

Sep 21, 2018
    So. Cal
    Carbon racing seats give you the most head room. I have Daytona seats and wish they would go lower but I'm well short of 6'4 =) so no issues until you need a helmet

10. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

There is a silver 458 spider at West Herr in NY that looks gorgeous. No affiliation. Best , Kirk

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Looks interesting indeed! The interior seems quite unique with the alcantara reminds me of a 360cs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  13. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    There are seemingly lots, but if you’re looking for a particular spec, it could be a challenge. There are 6 blue 458s on Autotrader at this moment, but some lack LED steering wheel, others lack front end lifter, etc. If you’re looking for all those things, maybe only one car fits the bill. Or of course, if these things are irrelevant to you, that opens up more.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

KC360 FL likes this.
  14. carsten hoffmann

Aug 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    carsten hoffmann
    interesting indeed. Some might say fire - or maybe not your taste. Gotta love it.

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Wouldn't have guessed with that name:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. carsten hoffmann

Aug 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    carsten hoffmann
  17. carsten hoffmann

Aug 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    carsten hoffmann
    i have been looking for a dark blue spider - so that basically reduces the pool to around 2. but there is no rush to find the right one. the one in Portland is pretty awesome - but I am hot and cold on the two tone

18. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Used 458 and 488s are selling fast here in Colorado. Dealership here is low on inventory and sending emails they want to buy my 458 (which is not normal). I have no doubt I can sell mine for what I paid for it three years ago - maybe more. But not selling. Car is too good to sell.

19. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Very odd spec. You could wrap it of course, but high price for the spec honestly.

20. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    If the white top is wrapped, then it is ok. Love the blu, just not the white top. But that can easily be fixed, don't let it deter you much.

21. carsten hoffmann

Aug 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    carsten hoffmann
    the white is not a wrap (unfortunately). it is a special paint to sample two tone from the factory that somebody paid excellent money for :(

22. socialpro1

socialpro1 Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I agree with the OP. It was taking me a long time to nail down a black 458, especially on the private party market. Eventually I ended up compromising and picking up a spec that I was OK with but not my ideal car. Happy with the car I got, but still open to picking up a 458 to fit all of my requirements. It does seem that clean examples also have stayed OR increased in price in last ~ 6-12 months.

Need4Spd likes this.
  23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
  24. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Indeed hard to get everything you want in a "used" car. For me I found a car with just about everything but the Daytona seats. But it did take a while. Usually have to make some sort of compromise as in even by paying "too much" for the exact car you want.

Need4Spd and AlfistaPortoghese like this.