Italy and Coronavirus | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Italy and Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Albert-LP, Feb 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani

At present we can drive and go where we want (restaurants en everything) and dio what we want with we want but with safety distance.You can go inside a shop museum restaurant and so on only with a mask. You can take out the mask when you sit at the restaurant table but you have to wear it when you go to bathroom. But at present we cannot cross the region borders (means I can't go to Venice, that in Veneto, I live in Emilia Romagna near Modena). You can cross region borders only for work reasons. Up to when? I think that very soon we could cross the region borders, maybe next week, but who knows: they are evaluating day by day. A said, Italy borders are closed for tourists, you can come here only for work and so on (writing where, why and who you will meet). My friend commander at Ryanair is scheduled to come back to work July 3, so in July Ryanair hopes to have turists again. At present here things with Covid are improving a lot, and I think we are one of the Covid safest places in the world now (expecially south of Italy), but the problem is not erased yet, of course.

Here below: Venice, this weekend. Picture of a friend.

ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login

JL350, absostone, Dai Baracca and 3 others like this.
  2. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Mille Grazie Alberto

3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    You are welcome: it's always a pleasure and an honor helping other Ferrari enthusiasts to visit the Country that I'm lucky to live in.

Here below Modena area new Covid cases: in the last four days we had zero, one, one and two (today) new infected over 750K inhabitants: not bad at all, hoping they won't go up in the next days.

ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Dai Baracca, NbyNW and absostone like this.
  4. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    clearly the test in Italy now as well as the others who are "opening up" will be how the new rate of spread moves up or stays level, goes down.
    We are slowly starting to open in NY, piecemeal, I hope that there are no serious flare ups
    Spoke to my cousin in Parma and even though he can move about he is being cautious to avoid crowded places

absostone likes this.
  5. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Speaking of Cousins, My Cousin just got Covid 4 days ago from a coworker, I spoke with him yesterday and he sounds very good except if he coughs. The fever went away in two days, so hope he holds stable at home. Also I found out my other good friend had it in mid March and lasted almost four weeks. He said it was easy except for two days where he felt really bad. Good luck to all. And soon we will hear from nerofer of the situation in France. Hope you are also well.

Dai Baracca and Albert-LP like this.
  6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  7. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    #407 nerofer, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    The moment we were waiting for was the Prime Minister speech on wednesday, May 27th. The results of the quarantine are considered "encouraging", the virus propagation index is 0,72, meaning that one infected person contaminâtes less than one other person, so it is opening up indeed, but still not everywhere, and Paris and its region (Ile-de- France) are still under special scrutiny.
    Basically, it is more or less on the same lines as those described by Alberto for Italy: cafés and restaurants are allowed to open, but they have to provide means for maintaining distanciation. Face mask mandatory when walking, going to the bathroom, etc...no paper menus, everything on a blackboard.
    The 60 miles /100km restriction on travel has been canceled, you are now free to go anywhere inside the french territory; national train framework (= S.N.C.F) foresees full restauration of its complete services starting on June 15th. Museums are opening again.
    Paris is more complicated, especially in the tube which usually is so very crowded that distanciation of four to five feet is impossible. Companies that have headquarters, operations, etc...in Paris still insist on people staying home and working from there as much as possible; distanciation is difficult to provide in elevators, in the companies' restaurants ("cantine", in French), and he question of transportation is pending, as distanciation is not possible in the tube or commuting trains.
    For the holidays in July and August, we have been strongly advised to stay inside the borders of France.

Rgds

Albert-LP, absostone and Dai Baracca like this.
  8. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I went yesterday to Da Zero pizzeria in the center of Milan. Not as crowded as usual, but 90% of the tables were occupied.

Albert-LP likes this.
  9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #409 Albert-LP, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    starting from today, June 3, we can move in Italy where we want. Only Puglia region (South of Italy) asks some declaration before going there, but we are free to move everywhere the same. You can't travel only if you have 37.5+ °C body temperature, or if you are Covid infected, of course. I have to say that I visited a customer's firm last week and, before been allowed of going in, I was scanned with an IR thermometer to check my body temperature.

Starting from today, passenger flights are allowed to land at Italian airports if they come from EU and Schengen area. International NOT EU passenger flights are forbidden until June 15, but they will be (if there won't be any bad news from Covid data) from June 16.

So, at present, I can say that an American tourist can visit Italy from June 16th. It will be blocked at the airport (as everyonelse) if the scanner will read a 37,5+ body temperature, and then sent to an hospital for COVID medical analysis (Tampone Faringeo). Everyone will be checked for a body temperature reading, wherever he comes/goes.

ciao

TheMayor, Dai Baracca and of2worlds like this.
  10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    My TV commercial film vendor in Firenze is back to work this week. But with social distancing. Everyone has to be 2 meters away. No sharing of food. Everyone has to wear a mask.

For the past 2 months they have been working at home to create the creative and storyboards and trying to work out the issues of dealing with CV19 rules and regulations. Everyone knows its important to be safe. This is not the issue. The biggest issue has been not knowing what the restrictions will be and when the lockdown will be removed.

One issue has been casting restrictions.

If you need actors in the same shot the actors are actual members of the same family. Family members living together are exempt. Its pretty restricting to find the right family but its not impossible. We are also using green screen shots to drop in the extras in post production.

We are shooting this Friday and Saturday. Obviously, I cannot go. I'll be monitoring it by video feed in LA which will be from like 11PM to 6AM. Its the first shoot the studio is doing this season. Some members of the crew were stuck outside Italy since Feb and are just getting back now.

The goods news is there's a huge amount of pent up demand for their services. People still need filming done. So its a race to see how much can be made this year in time for the Christmas season.

I'm excited to get back to work and so are they!

Albert-LP and absostone like this.
  11. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Hope your cousin & friend are doing better. Update please.

Albert-LP likes this.
  12. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Yes thanks. My cousin was fine after 10 or so days. And has been retested all good. My Friend came and changed my furnace blower motor last week. Hes all good too. We wore masks obviously. Thanks for asking.

Albert-LP, TheMayor and ag512bbi like this.
  13. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I'm very happy to read this news!

ciao

absostone likes this.
  14. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    I was forced to cancel our September trip to Italy today. When I spoke to United, they confirmed that flights from U.S. into MXP are suspended until mid-October. The M.O. in Milano is still shut. It is widely reported that the EU will bar U.S. travelers beginning July 1 (not that I blame them). It is a sad irony that as of today the U.S. (for many states at least) is in much worse shape due to Covid than Italy. I am happy that things are much improved there I send my best regards to fellow F-Chatters and your families in EURO. Keith

15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I forgot to update from my previous post but I did shoot my TV commercial in Florence on schedule and everything went great. Its good to see people there back at work. We are in the editing phase now. I have routine video conferences with them in their late afternoon a few times a week.

The bad part was instead of my being there I had to endure 2 all nighters watching the monitor which was streaming to my PC. And no Pasta for lunch. :)

Hollywood production is shut down so more and more studio work is moving back to Europe.

16. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Absolutely. I'm sorry towards our american friends here to have to report that this is the news I have got yesterday from an "unofficial" source: citizens from Brazil, Russia, and the U.S will be banned to enter the E.U, by the E.U. Everyone here is very itchy about the pandemy starting all over again...
    I'm not that lucky, either; I had a trip planned to Russia in September...

Rgds

17. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    sorry to hear

18. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Nerofer. We have our wine to console us....

absostone likes this.
  19. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    ...since in was quarantined in the family house, which has a 250 years old cellar, of an almost ideal construction for wine aging (vaulted cellar, built of stone; floor, a mix of large stones and beaten clay; and even a water well, if need be...constructed later, in 1895, to be independant of the towny water's supply during invasions) I have to say that I did actually consoled myself quite a lot since March 13th...

Rgds

Attached Files:

20. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Checking in on everyone here. Everything ok?

Albert-LP likes this.
  21. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008

22. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    More or less, yes. The "more or less" should be interpreted as follows: am O.K myself, but the disease is slowly starting creeping up again; with the holidays and the nice weather, many tend to neglect the safety precautions, so the virus is expanding again in Spain, Belgium, Luxemburg, Switzerland, France, etc...of course, Nothing like it was in April, but still worrying enough to say: we are not finished with this thing, far from it.

Stay safe.

Rgds

absostone and Albert-LP like this.
  23. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani

more or less the same here: under control, but the feeling is that it could restart every day if we don't care about it. The only real good thing is that the mortality rate is slowing down.

ciao

absostone likes this.
  24. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    I miss Euro. I miss Brugges, Tuscany, and our French family (Paris, Arcachon, Normandy). Thank you Absostone. My wife and I took our first trip since February...drove to Hershey to see my 89 year old Mom. All is well. Keith

25. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    It doesn't look "very promising" here. As said above, it's creeping up - slowly - again almost everywhere. Not what you would call a "second wave" by any definition (or perhaps "not yet"?) but definitively on the rise.
    France had an average of 837 new cases everyday during last week, versus (going rearwards) 561 ; 542 ; 575 ; 500 ; 469 ; 454 ; 484 ; 307 the preceeding weeks (= 307 mid-May)
    Average circulation speed for the virus (R.E) was 1,29 last week, vs 1,1 the week before and 0,72 mid-May. Meaning that one infected person contaminates more than one person, whereas in May it contaminated less than one other.
    Was looking at the news at random this morning; just for instance, U.K has closed its borders to Luxembourg today: the Grand-Duchy has too many new infection cases. U.K has also taken confinement mesures around Leicester. France has several localised groups of infection, ans some cities are taking measures to make wearing a mask mandatory in open air, in the center of the city. We are far from a return to "normal" conditions, and I guess we have to accept the fact that we will be living with the virus for "sometimes", perhaps a year or two...

Rgds