Garage lift recommendation | FerrariChat

Garage lift recommendation

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by stan996turbo, Jul 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I’m looking into getting a lift for my garage and would love to get some feedback from people who have gone down this road. I’m limited to 105 inches in my garage but my 2 shortest cars(675LTS and Ferrari 430 spider) total 96 inches so I’m hoping that will work. Any suggestions about lift brands or advice would be welcomed. Thank you

Stan

2. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    I have a direct lift. Works well. Very affordable Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I did raise my garage door tracks and use a jack shaft opener to get it to fit

3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    There are several threads on this in the Detailing & Showroom forum. You might get some ideas there.

4. GatedShiftFcar

Apr 16, 2019
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Daniel Gould
    I have a Quality Lift, 7000 lbs. It’s been a great lift and has a narrow enough footprint that I can use the spot next to it for my daily driver with ease. It sounds like I have more Ceiling height but I store mine at the top lock - the lift tops out then I lower it to the first lock position. Doing so allows about 18” between the bottom of the lift and the top of my 328. The car on top is an Audi UR Quattro which is taller than either of your cars so with less space between the lift and the car on the floor it should work. I also had to have the door re-railed to go to the ceiling and have a LiftMaster direct drive opener.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
  6. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    If you're looking for storage and detailing I highly recommend AC Custom single post lifts. Check them out. Commercial grade quality and the company is very accommodating and knowledgeable. I originally had a 4 post lift but found it to be too bulky and not nearly as stable as the single post. Worth a look.

7. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    +1
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecadster and Graz like this.
  8. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    The lift and ceiling height you have is tight, but should be fine. I bought a Wildfire Lifts 9,000 pound four post. It uses the collar over post design like the Backyard Buddy, but costs quite a bit less. It also features cable slack locks, so it is a very safe design. They charged $3,595 plus shipping (to me in Atlanta was around $165), and gave a $100 discount for not using a debit / credit card, so net I was at around $3,660. I have 9'6" ceilings, and a 46" and 51" cars stacked, so about the same height of cars. I can measure what the clear height is to see if you can use a stop that would just fit one of your cars, but it will definitely be a very close call. I have about 6" above the taller car when it is on the lift, but you need to go about 2" above the stop to release the locks.

Thecadster likes this.
  9. tmvatlanta

tmvatlanta Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2017
    Covington GA
    Full Name:
    Tam V.
    Thecadster likes this.