812 GTS Allocation | Page 17 | FerrariChat

812 GTS Allocation

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ggear, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Not without a $100k depreciation hit. I am not going to get the GTS because I don't want to take that hit. I have a top down car and already had two in a row so I am not too unhappy about keeping the 812. I am happy with my 812 the way I spec'd it so I won't be one of those trading up if you were counting on it. My slot will undoubtedly be one they give to someone with no buying history.

2. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    so you have one of the slots for next year? cool. but if they only have 2 slots/year and its a 2 year run, do you think they would offer it to someone without a buying history?

maxemus likes this.
  3. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    #403 wrs, Jul 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    Well I was being sarcastic but it's hard to tell in print. I just meant that I did what they said to get the slot and now because I did, I can't really justify the $100k loss to take the slot. I was originally told when I ordered, before CV-19 that they would give me a good trade on the 812 (because I had that concern) but that was before they found out no one wanted them unless there was a steep discount. The SA told me that back in December when the one 812 they had for sale was asking $379k on a $419k msrp, it finally sold for $330k.

Plenty of people got Pistas without much buying history if they were willing to wait and some didn't even wait. As it turns out, getting a Pista wasn't nearly as hard as it was originally made out to be especially with so many on the secondary market now. I suspect the problem for the GTS will be filling the slots. There isn't much demand for the 812 and I think that is going to happen with the GTS so that they may end up offering them to new customers. I will certainly want to drive their demo in September and who knows, maybe it will make me change my mind but probably not. I have no illusion that any Ferrari I can get will be special. I also expect them to sell as many as they can so there will be more than 2 slots next year and probably this year if Ferrari suspects they can sell the cars.

Anyway, they have more than 2 slots next year because other dealers couldn't sell the cars. I am not sure how many they have now but I am not pursuing it because I don't want to make a commitment to spend $475k on the GTS and in addition, lose $100k on my trade. It's not a very smart move and I have already taken a combined $130k on my Cali T HS and the 488 Spider, not to mention whatever the Portofino has lost already. These are great cars but not worth that much depreciation loss.

SirPouyan, MalibuGuy, Bundy and 5 others like this.
  4. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Be the first one to get and sell within a year is the best. It worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. Manuranjith

Manuranjith Rookie

Jul 19, 2020
    Chennai, India
    Full Name:
    Manuranjith Ranganathan
    Hey Guys, I am from India. I just ordered my 812 GTS yesterday. I finalised the spec and the dealer entered it into the system. The car is slated for January production but the dealer is very confident that he can get Ferrari to prepone the production To December and deliver the car in January because it’s their first 812 GTS order. How likely is this?

Avik__dey, alelaw and ryalex like this.
  6. maxemus

maxemus Karting

Apr 25, 2009
    Miami, FL.
    Full Name:
    Ernie
    Congratulations. My order is scheduled for December production and should arrive in February. That being said you’re a bit closer to Italy than I am so entirely possible imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. chet

chet F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2007
    Chicago
    I've heard the 812 coupes are getting crushed. Not surprising given that we are in a pandemic.

8. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    The 812SF are still in production but only a few remaining. Majority on the V12 line are 812GTS and some Monza.

deltona likes this.
  9. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Just checked Ferrari.com and there are 142 812s for sale. When I purchased my used 812 in April there were only 72 listed.

10. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I find 71:

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    (screen image from July 25 2020)

and please remember, in the USA, from 2018 to 2019 the base price changed by nearly $22,000

11. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Just learned my GTS is in sf (f of sv). Can’t get it until next weekend so if anyone is local and has ordered /thinking of it...mine should be at the dealer for you to see in the flesh. Can’t wait.

Avia11 likes this.
  12. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    U know Roma due in next Friday? Planning to stop in...

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I didn’t. Already built that one but would love to see in the flesh. Looks like I will be in on Monday to collect the GTS

SirPouyan likes this.
  14. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Congrats! Would love to hear your impressions of the GTS once you’ve had a chance to drive it - the wind buffeting, exhaust sound, overall experience etc!

Many thanks

15. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
  16. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Yes, many of those number found are exactly double, I clicked through to 812, now shows 69, Lusso shows 37, Enzo shows 2, Speciale shows 13, however 488GTB really does show 67

To get the real number you apparently need to click through and ignore the summary counts.

Even websites like cars and autotrader show less than 100 812s available and that includes non-Ferrari dealers (that have listed on those sites).

17. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    And that means???

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    if you are able to see the images in the messages above, it demonstrates that the Ferrari website 'summary showing all pre-owned models for sale' is inaccurately showing the total cars for sale in most categories.

19. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Ouch - why do you have to remind me of the hit? :)

I need the GTS and have no choice but to take the hit on the coupe. The GTS's value for me will outlast the coupe's, and I want to keep a V-12 convertible for as long as possible

Would be pretty uncool if dealers will end up selling GTS's to guys with no buying history. But it is what it is - if we want the product, we gotta play the game. Presumably, you are playing the long game for the VS, correct?

20. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Trying to play as much as I can....but agree w you on keeping long term. My GTS is going to with us indefinitely. Cant wait to see it...my Dealer said it’s amazing.

Avia11 likes this.
  21. mattis

mattis Rookie

Sep 24, 2019
    It seems like Ferrari is giving out more allocations for the GTS. A few month ago, I was told the backlog is too long.

Since it is not a limited car and you just need to qualify, can I expect a dealer discount as for other regular models? Of course they want to make it look like a privilege to order one...

F2003-GA likes this.
  22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    zero chance for a discount

23. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Agree

24. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    And not sure what other models u r getting a discount on. For GTS...no chance as noted above and my dealer is still very lean on allocations.

25. mattis

mattis Rookie

Sep 24, 2019
    Got it. Thanks for the info. For a new Lusso there was some flexibility a while back.

RamsHmb likes this.