488 Pista Values | Page 18 | FerrariChat

488 Pista Values

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by customryder, Nov 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Yes, my phone works through Siri just by holding down the button on the back of the steering wheel. I don't listen to music in the Ferrari's at all, so can't attest to that. 812 I can hear perfectly well on phone calls, but the Pista I haven't found the right balance for the phone. It is usually too hard to hear, but may be my phone turned down. Haven't taken the time to look into it..

2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It is rare that I do as well except maybe a long road trip.

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    its perfect. I use my iPhone and bluetooth through the speakers all the time. My BMW has CarPlay and I may be in the minority but I absolutely hate it.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  4. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Button on the back of the steering wheel??

5. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    SoCal to az likes this.
  6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I really like it in the M5, I think it works wonderful.

7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I have it in my M8. Hate it

8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #433 Shadowfax, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    I recall you giving your reasons why you didn't spec the nose lift or seat lifter. Maybe it's different in the USA on these two things but it was interesting to see the same thinking applies over in UK going by what Romans have said on both the lift and seat lift.....as well as the stripe.

I can also report the lifter and seat lifter wound up both being key pre-requsites for the prospective buyers which came through the dealership looking for a used 488 and it was actually what got my 488 sold in front of the 488's without these two things. It was also interesting to hear from a mate of mine who was shopping a 488 recently how he wanted to buy a particular 488 as it had all the right options and colour but as it didn't have the lifter or seat lifter he walked. He also told me this voluntarily without asking my opinion on these things so its pretty clear there are certain options the original purchaser may not require personally but the bulk of used buyers insist upon do. He also said the seller also offered the car at a considerably cheaper price but he still walked. And frankly I dont blame him.

Of course it's always the original purchasers prerogative to select and choose whatever they wish but with a Ferrari there no is no doubt in my mind there is a lot of truth in what the guy from Romans has said re certain things which you are better of optioning on a Pista or it will cost you dearly at the other end. When it comes to things like putting full CF on a Pista that one is an no brainer. Options such as apple car play is not that necessary although by rights it should be in the car for free like every other car these days. Upgraded sound, whilst offensively expensive, my experience so far in Ferrari has been its another option you desirably should tick as the base sound is so uncharacteristically poor for such an expensive car its barely usable and will impact the enjoyment of the ownership experience at one point.

In general I've found Ferrari as a brand are real cheapskates and give exceptionally bad value for money considering what you pay. Even a bare bones Porsche Gt car comes standard with nose lift and at least a semi decent radio as standard equip along with apple car play and a battery that doesn't need a tender.

I think all the argy bargy going on, on this thread and other threads that Pista's aren't selling and/or are bringing way under RRP is BS and is dictated by the car and what it represents in terms of the color and options. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out why some Pista's have sat or have bought crap money. Just look at the cars. It's like HELLOOO.

9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

If this was my first Ferrari and I had no experience, I would have 100% specced the lift on the car. I had it on my Porsche GT3 and RS when I owned those cars and used it all the time. But 2 years of ownership in my 488, I never once had the opportunity to need it. Not once. And mind you I have a lift in my garage. So I was regularly pulling the car on and off the lift. Several times. Never once scraped. Never once felt there wasn't enough room to get the car on and off. Porsche- different story. If I took the car on and off the lift and didnt have the car lifted, I would scrape big time. The seat lifter- meh- I think the seat position is perfect in the car and I dont see the reason to get an electric seat or seat lifter in a track focused car. Im the only one driving so why do I care that someone else needs to spend time adjusting the seat.

But I totally agree with you that things like a decent stereo and car play should be standard. I mean car play is standard on a KIA. Its cheap technology to integrate but either way, Im not a fan of it so doesnt bother me too much that I dont have it in my car. I know some people won't buy a Ferrari without a lift but my 488 sold easily and quickly. Probably because it was well specced with appropriate carbon and options (no lift) but it sold quickly.

Pista- having been now an owner and lived in the world of Ferrari, I specced the car with options I felt were important and to me, you need the jewelry on the outside aka carbon. I almost pussed out and didnt get the carbon engine bay and came to my senses. Man oh man- it looks so spectacular. Just stunning. I didnt think anyone would see it and wasn't important. Glad I didnt make the mistake. In the end I have a well equipped car that isn't crazy on stupid options. I think id do my next one very similarly but likely would do a special paint job to add that special touch.

Thecadster and Jo Sta7 like this.
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #435 Shadowfax, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    To not do CF in a Pista engine bay would be utter madness as would be the case by not doing it on the outside. I saw one here without it on the sills and rear and it was a disaster to look at.

Re your personal reasons why no chose no lift and lifter I was mainly drawing attention to the fact that these things out here - and evidently in the UK - can make make or break a deal and will certainly impact the sale price. There is no question about that. Having no stripe is a definite deal breaker the vast majority. Anyone wanting to argue that - knock yourselves out. The evidence is damming from what i've seen out here. And putting vinyl stripes on looks so so cheap and nasty on a car like this.

As previously mentioned, the context of the thread was about Pista values and so much of it is dependant upon what the original owner chose it's not funny.

11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Carbon engine bay is definitely the way to go. And yes sales can be impacted potentially but in my neck of the woods in my personal experience no issue with not having a lift and likely I dont know if I would ever spec one on a Ferrari. Porsche different story. its mandatory. On my Mclaren- honestly its nice to have but its not crucial IMHO. but id spec it again on a Mclaren most likely even though I dont use it much currently.

12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Lifter std on the 765 as are a lot of other options we would pay for on the Pista. Ferrari will need to step their game up as time moves on.

ScrappyB, Shadowfax and SoCal to az like this.
  13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    When I was contemplating the 765 purchase, I was actually shocked at how much was standard on the car. In the same regard, when buying the 720, I was surprised at how much higher the base price was over its direct competitor at the time- 488.

But yes, I agree with you. Will be curious to see where the Little Brother pricing slots in. That is likely my next Ferrari. I have no interest in the SF90. Just too big and heavy for my taste- but V6 Hybrid has me intrigued as hopefully its more reasonable in weight.

Gh21631 and jim g like this.
  14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    If you dont tick all the carbon boxes on the 765 you can still have a well equipped car in the 370k range. Very hard to beat it.

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    But you can’t skip the fender vents or scoop. Makes the car.

Thecadster likes this.
  16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The fender vents are standard. The 765 will be stellar. My only concern now is the precarious state of the company.

17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Thats std believe it or not

18. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Fender vents are standard. Roof scoop is $36,340!!!

Gh21631 likes this.
  19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yeah, I skipped that one.

20. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Initially it was deemed an option but then the dealer advised it was standard.

21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Can you do the roof scoop and not get he rest of the carbon? Or is roof scoop only available with the carbon?

As much as I think the carbon is mandatory on a Pista, I’d probably skip it on the 765 but would get the roof scoop. It looks so cool.

22. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    You can do the roof scoop in gloss black or carbon. Same price for either. I had speced the 765lt and left off the majority of the carbon. I Have it on my Pista and while it looks cool the weight savings is negligible but the cost to the wallet is extreme. Lol. I’ve attached the price list for the 765lt.

Attached Files:

23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think Pista and 765 are different cars, different manufacturers. I would not do carbon on the 765. I would do a kick ass paint job and roof scoop. Thats it. But I passed on my allocation so it doesnt matter what I think. lol.

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Mine came in at $409,630. No carbon but roof scoop.

mkraft3003 likes this.
  25. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    They are still holding my allocation for me. Was suppose to be a December delivery but I am waiting to see if the company gets some financial backing.