Goodwood Members’ Meeting 2020 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Goodwood Members’ Meeting 2020

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jack-the-lad, Jan 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    I hope not!

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  2. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
  3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    I assume you can, though you may have to buy through a club as it calls itself "club day". I bought mine through this lot: https://thedriversunion.com/, but only because Sy emailed me an invite. I seem to recall having an email from the FOC a week or two ago saying "tickets not yet available, further information shortly", so it may be worth your while checking out the website. Or join DU, it's free.

4. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    I’m in du. Just found the email in “junk”!

5. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Go for it! I see there is another 348 owner already signed up.

6. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    That DU looks like a great thing. I wish we had something similar here in the ‘States. You have so many great events and venues in the UK, especially relative to your land mass, it seems like there’s always a great car event to see or participate in.

Let’s see...I’ve been to Goodwood (12 times), Prescott, Brooklands, Silverstone, Donington, Castle Combe.....I have a lot more to see!

7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Time to move to the UK, Jack!:D

8. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I would love to have a place in West Sussex, Wiltshire, Devon, etc....or even way out in Exeter where my family is from, many generations ago. :)

Bluebottle likes this.
  9. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    You shall go to the ball! Tickets bought.

So that might be 2 events I’m going to this year!!!! Better than none; but let’s hope for a few more in 21.

10. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    What is number 2?

11. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Hopefully track day with DL in September/October.

You been out driving?

12. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    A few times in the 550. the Dino is up in GLOS. and we are in Exeter, not allowed to use our house up there due to second home rules, so it is sitting in its garage, with my E-type for company. Hopefully we shall be able to come up in July - the indications are that that is what HMG will be announcing tomorrow.

13. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Be interesting to see when they open up 2nd home...waiting for the invasion of idiots from London in range rovers, q7s etc!!!

but it will also possibly apply to yachts, as whilst you can go out for the day at the moment you can’t stay overnight or leave the local area. Only snag will be the harbour masters and if they will change their bylaws at the same time or not.

if you want anybody to check on the cars let me know; keys under the floor mat? ;);)

14. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Has anyone else received the Duke of Richmond’s letter to GRRC members? If so, I’d be interested in you thoughts about it.

15. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes. Happy to support Goodwood by not asking for refunds, but carrying my tickets over to next year, and renewing my membership for 2021, but none of the other bits and pieces hold any appeal for me.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  16. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Apparently there’s an event at Goodwood on October 18-20. I gather it is for competitors and support staff only, no spectators. At least something is happening which I’m happy to take as a positive development.

17. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    There are a variety of events happening; without spectators, track days, one club did a special day for a disabled lad with a load of hyper/super cars.

My local track is back doing track days and race meets; just no spectators.

So lots going on; just not the big public events; won’t see those this year; maybe next if we are lucky!!!

18. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Right, but I think the October Goodwood event is probably going to be more on the scale of the Members’ Meetings but without spectators and the attendant vendors, crowd management staff, etc., just competitors and track support. My understanding is that it will be significant enough to be streamed.

19. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    There are events with spectators. For example, Brands Hatch have the Ferrari Challenge on 25/26 July and it says:
    "Day visitors are welcome to attend as the venue continues to operate at a reduced capacity, with a range of hygiene and social distancing measures in place in place to ensure that visits are safe and enjoyable." (http://news.brandshatch.co.uk/ferrari-challenge-uk-next-up-at-brands-hatch-on-2526-july.aspx).

As far as I understand it both Salon Prive at Blenheim Palace and the Concours at Hampton Court are both currently confirmed as going ahead in September (I hope so as I have booked for both along with Festival Italia at Brands). Obviously these are not Goodwood events but they are events that are supposed to be happening with spectators.

20. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    I hope so too, as I have also booked for both.

21. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    salon only for me! Be good to catch up and meet some new people !

22. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Jack-the-lad likes this.
  23. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
  24. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Some of you may have received the message from GRRC with the 2021 event dates.

The Members’ Meeting has been moved to 15-16 May, about five weeks later than the original proposed dates.

I take this as a Good Thing as it improves the prospects of good weather as well as the potential for fewer travel restrictions by then.

25. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    For me it's a bad thing. 15th. is my daughter's birthday, 16th. is E-type 60th. anniversary meeting at Blenheim.:(