812 VS Rumors | Page 79 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    To me winter 2020
    Before the covid, initialy for the finali mondiali...

2. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    +1
    also after Covid confirmed for Abu Dhabi

but also new Portofino was confirmed in July just after lockdown but now seems to be postpone in September.......bohhhh

3. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Any confirmation for LB?

4. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    In November in Abu Dhabi?

5. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    In November in Abu Dhabi?

6. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    it's crazy how many people here were adament there wouldn't be an 812 VS!

7. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Similar to the ones saying there will not be an F8 VS?

PTG1 likes this.
  8. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    I don’t recall anyone speculating no 812VS. My impression is that it has always been a foregone conclusion.
    Now, F8VS? I think that is an ace in the hole for the mothership to release in the event LB is delayed again.
    No delay? No F8VS.
    My crystal ball says it won’t happen.

9. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Will there be one? Who knows? F8 wasn’t supposed to happen at all. 488 Challenge will not be replaced by F8 Challenge - and that’s usually the prelude to VS car. 488 Challenge Evo rear looks exactly like Pista. We shall see...

Ferrari has already oversupplied the market - lost of cancellations. They aren’t stupid and are throttling back. But to meet revenue numbers on reduced allocations means more expensive high spec and LE cars.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    definetely no F8 VS: there is already the F8 VS, it's the 488 Pista... ;)

ciao

roma1280 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  11. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    so ferrari laid a red carpet for the LT765

LMH likes this.
  12. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    The SF90 has already moved the game on...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

stavura, Igor Ound and Caeruleus11 like this.
  13. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i never liked idea of a front engine track version for ferrari. i think a speciale feels better on track than a 500gto due to midengine handling. i still think a pista will handle better than 812vs but the na v12 makes quite a case for itself on track compared to pista turbo

14. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I’ve taken my FF, F12, 812S, and 488 on track, and raced a mid-engined Radical SR3 RSX and Spec Miara. Haven’t had a chance to try our Pista on track yet, but I agree wholeheartedly that the mid-engined models are better balanced for track use.

Imho, the front-engined models, even the VS versions, really shine brightest on the road as GT cars. Not a bad thing at all. I’d rather drive my 812 or an FF / Lusso cross-country than about any other car I’ve owned including sedans and SUV’s. It’s so fun and practical, too.

15. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Agreed front engine cars best on road but doesnt the track focus model compromise the road comfort for tract handling thats still not up to mid engine agility. Why not just put crazy track v12 into 812 and leave suspension alone?

16. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny

Bundy likes this.
  17. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Here's another idea for the factory, for the 812VS reveal...

1. Live stream on popular easily accessible site like Youtube, no "phone app" required.

2. Have the CEO introduce the car, in studio.

3. Have each of several heads of the various engineering teams take the microphone for a solid 3-4 minute presentation each about what they did to make the car special.

4. Include a couple of 2-3 minute pre-prepared video clips showing the car being driven on road and on track.

5. Make it a live, worldwide debut. We could all tune in from all over the world.

6. CEO then announces there are several pre-production cars ready to ship to dealers worldwide right away and conclude by saying to contact your local dealer to sign up for your private review and test drive.

nimamd, Thecadster and 9nb like this.
  18. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    anyone see how a blogger hijacked the amg gt black series intro this week? not worth it for exotics to make such a big deal about intros since someone always leaks it out prior to event anyway.

19. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I missed that. You have a link?

ag512bbi likes this.
  20. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i dont know the entire story but its on youtube. amg caught wind of the blogger and preempted him with their own 'pirated' video featuring schmee 150. btw, im not a huge fan of these amg blacks

21. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Its not a tesla so no reveal even necessary. We will do all the advertising needed for the VS as we are doing with all the allocations fretted over. The reveal will be leaked descriptions of the private viewings, then some leaked photos, a couple short videos and then a public event which relatively few will attend. Its the LE way.

sampelligrino and JagShergill like this.
  22. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Wasn’t the SF90 revealed online? I remember it being leaked with a couple of bad images before the presentation, but I think Ferrari did have an online reveal as well, maybe they’ll do the same for the VS.

23. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Why do this? Risk of a zoom crash or highjack is too great for world's top brand.

Also, what does Ferrari gain by making this available to anyone with an internet connection?

And number 6 is an impossible suggestion - the CEO is not going to ask any of us to sign up for a private review and test drive. Who are we? This is a limited edition car. SpA decides which of us gets to purchase the car. We don't have a say.

24. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
  25. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    With current situations, "in-person" in the EU will not be possible; No one from USA is currently allowed to travel to EU; Travel to some other country without restrictions will overly complicate the entire process for Ferrari; YT live stream is not going to be hijacked; The car will not be limited/numbered edition, why would it be? This is the end of the V12, for comparison, the Pista is the end of the V8 non-hybrid top car and it was not limited. It seems the new conditions for limited editions are for Icona and Hypercar.

And, do not forget the SF90 destroyed demand for the 812, Ferrari needs to sell as many 812s as it can including 812VS. And, Ferrari has a pricing problem as many will disagree, but by setting the SF90 as the top car, that creates an artificial price ceiling for the 812VS, it will not exceed, remember, again, the SF90 destroyed demand for the 812SF, that makes this is a viable observation.

ScrappyB likes this.