Monaco Historics 2021 | FerrariChat

Monaco Historics 2021

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by italiancars, Jul 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Apparently they are doing a Monaco Historic Race in 2021 April 23-25.

2. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    And again May 13-15, 2022.

3. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    That's May, not April. It's a bi-annual event and was supposed to be held this year, but due to covid it's been postponed to next year.

4. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    was originally posted as April, glad it May. However, the Now posted Dates of May 23-25 are Sunday to Tuesday?

5. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Just looked the F1 GP is listed as May 20-23, 2021, which would indicate that the Historic would follow the F1 race. Could be interesting.

6. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Spoke to a friend that usually participates in the Monaco Historics, said that he received a correspondence from the Automobile Club de Monaco indicating that the race will be held in April. He told me he is going to contact them for a clarification.

7. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Ferrari 308 Vetro likes this.
  8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Due to the Historic GP being rescheduled for next year because of the virus situation spring 2021 will have all three race weekends for the first time ever the same year: Historic GP, Formula E and F1 GP. FE and Historic GP normally alternate, FE uneven years, Historic GP even years.

9. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    So I called the press office today and they say very few journalists will be allowed so even though I go every time I am preparing a bullet proof application. Meanwhile the French departement des Alpes maritimes which surrounds Monaco is confined for a month so I can't stay at a hotel in nearby Menton (Alpes Maritimes) as usual but will stay in one in Ventimiglia in Italy just two miles further across the border. For plain spectators the protocol is not yet determined, at worst no go for the public at all. At best you have no choice but staying in Monaco I don't think. Pricy. To enter the principality see here: use Google translate if need be.

https://www.gouv.mc/Action-Gouvernementale/Coronavirus-Covid-19/Actualites/Communique-de-presse-du-Gouvernement-Princier-du-19-mars-2021

Negative PCR tests will be needed to pass the border and yes they have border controls because of COVID

Here is the race program press release which is in English.

https://acm.mc/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/GPH-2021-Introduction-Release-190221.pdf

10. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA

I canceled my reservations about 2 weeks ago. Just didn’t make sense and that was before the latest round of lockdowns and restricted travel. While F1 and Formula E are for the most part self contained traveling circus, Historic races are not, they are mostly small privateers almost all of which don’t live in Monaco. It will be a logical nightmare for them navigating the Covid protocols especially if they are based outside the EU.

If the race does take place, I would expect a very reduced field. Looks like 2022 for me if they have a race then.