Speciale Carbon Lock Cover | FerrariChat

Speciale Carbon Lock Cover

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Euroryno, Jul 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Euroryno

Euroryno Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2015
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Hi there, the time has come to invest in a little more carbon fibre on my car. Everything is factory so far but I've got an itch to scratch and would like the carbon fibre lock cover as well.

My understanding is you can't get this OEM. I'd love to see photos if you've done this and the company you went with. From what I can see its between Carpristo, Carbonio, Exotic CF, My Ricambi who all make this part/upgrade in CF. I'd love to hear of your experiences and see your photos please. The first photo is a pic of my current engine bay as it was delivered from the factory, as you'll see the airbox comes with the red stripe.

I'd like to hear your thoughts re the lock cover when choosing between the red stripe vs plain CF (possibly my preference) vs '458 Speciale' genuine lettering. Photos also attached for your comparison.

Thanks in advance from Ryan in New Zealand.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I have the CF “458 Speciale” on mine and like it very much.
    Can’t go wrong with any of them.
    Is the red stripe identical? Because, if color off slightly it would drive you crazy.

Euroryno and Rory breaker like this.
  3. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    I’d go red stripe as long as the color isn’t terribly off.

Euroryno likes this.
  4. mrchaztsai

mrchaztsai Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2020
    Hong Kong/Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Charlie T
    Check out R Tuned Carbon, I'm about to put on majority of their carbon pieces. They've done the red stripe for a few Speciales. Company is owned by fellow Ferrari owners.

IG Post

5. Euroryno

Euroryno Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2015
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thank you very much! That was the photo I’ve been looking for! Are you happy with their quality and match with Ferrari OEM carbon fibre? And as someone else suggested, is the red stripe the right red? Many thanks. Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. mrchaztsai

mrchaztsai Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2020
    Hong Kong/Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Charlie T
    Absolutely, matches perfectly with the Ferrari OEM weave. I've seen the red stripe on one of their customer cars and it matches the red on the airbox and manifold perfectly. The owners of Rtuned are super meticulous, so I'd imagine if you did have any issue they'd do everything possible to make it right!

7. Euroryno

Euroryno Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2015
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    italiafan likes this.
  8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I like that, looks great!
    Never dealt with them but their reputation and participation here on FChat is exemplary.

9. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    On a somewhat related topic - anyone have experience with adding aftermarket CF for their Speciale engine bay from any of the name brands (Capristo/Ricambi/MyRicambi)?

Mine doesn't have the OEM optioned, but interested in getting as close to OEM spec/look with stickers as possible

10. Euroryno

Euroryno Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2015
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Well, I jumped on in with the red stripe and emblem and couldn’t be happier. I was worried the emblem might ‘over bling’ the engine bay but that is not the same at all. I like how you catch a glimpse of part of the lock cover through the glasss when walking past. I went with Denis from MyRicambi and I’m pleased with the results. Thank you to all of you who shared comments and photos. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app