Let me be truly honest..... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Let me be truly honest.....

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Jul 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    some people are all about the sound...
    Rosie knows how you like it.
    Don't deny. No shame in that game.
    There’s really no separating the two...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

IloveGT, Ash Patel and SoCal to az like this.
  2. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    noone1 just has his successor! Rosie.

Your photoshop skill is impressive, sire.

Ash Patel and C50 like this.
  3. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    The sound of 458 would be me screaming
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

IloveGT likes this.
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I've only one word to say and that's Bentley. But let's face it some people "can't handle the truth"!!...

MANDALAY, IloveGT, C50 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #55 Shadowfax, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    And the real Rosie O'Donnel has some gaffer tape stuck over her mouth with SF90 written on it in texta pen. Meanwhile the real golden girls (not rosie) are singing sweet music to my ear....in the sound of a 9000 rpm engine though some Titanium or Inconel pipe. And i'm perfectly fine with that. Sound may not be everything but when it gets down to tin tacks it kinda is.....well certainly a big part of the equation anyway imho.

IloveGT likes this.
  6. JDINPA

JDINPA Rookie

Aug 30, 2017
    IMHO: looking at the situation as "sounds vs. xxxxx" isn't the perspective I would recommend or take. Rather, it's contribution to overall driver/driving experience. I can't imagine not having a symphonic sound accompanying the g-force rush during acceleration, or the rev blip when tackling corners and downshifting. That rumble you feel in your back and your butt along with the sound entering your head (hopefully via your ears :) ) is what it's all about. It's why I could never ever own an electric only car, regardless of what sound they pipe in. Btw, speaking of piping sound in, there's a reason more and more car makers do that.. :)

x z8 and Shadowfax like this.
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #57 Shadowfax, Jul 3, 2020
    Agree. It is the contribution which is really an essential ingredient in this type of car. Without it then forget it. Its bad enough when they bring a car out with a questionable sound but when it cant be fixed and the only means is to pipe it in then that is a very sad situation and not one I care to be part of. The birds and the animals need to hear the car coming through the forest so they can clear out of the way. I don't like being part of road kill. Ferrari really needs to at least show some consideration toward the wildlife even if they no longer see the enthusiast as their meal ticket!

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  8. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Boy you'd HATE my new car then! LMAO!

Do you call the cops on your neighbors when they party past 9PM on a Friday?

mdrums likes this.
  9. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    You’ve come a long way since the Cali Adam!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Cool vid. Not quite understanding the calling the cops comment. A more appropriate question to follow with the discussion is would you rather own a Gallardo or a huracan if the Gallardo has superior sound?

11. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Why a Huracan? For me at least it would be dual clutch. Single Egear is horrible

Fireman1291 likes this.
  12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Just cause that was what was in the video.

13. Fireman1291

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    You must be referring to the Gen1 Gallardo with the 5.0L V10, and not the updated Gen2 Gallardo with the 5.2L that subsequently was uptuned for the Huracan. Answer: Dual clutch vs single clutch automated manual gearbox. One is trash, the other is perfect. Apples to oranges.

14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    No. I’m not referring to either one and I don’t care about the differences in previous generation Gallardo. The discussion is older car with better sound but slower and less tech or newer car faster, more modern but sound is less. I only mentioned the huracan and Gallardo because a video was posted on it. Other than that don’t really care about lambos.

15. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    I didnt watch video yet so don't even know what question is about. I never thought I would of bought a Lambo but after 2 R8's which are pretty much same thing thing I decided to give huracan a shot. Thing was bullet proof even with adding a supercharger and I considered it an Audi with a Lamborghini body kit. Now I would like to see a German car manufacturer take over Ferrari to fix all the flaws.

Fireman1291 likes this.
  16. Fireman1291

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Well you should care because you are failing to understand your incorrect assumption. A 458 has a DCT and a F8 has a DCT. The driving dynamics are vastly more similar than comparing a single clutch transmission to a DCT and expecting this to be a case of what sounds better.

Fact: A 458 has a DCT and sounds better than an F8
    Fact: A Huracan has a DCT and sounds the same as a Gallardo (gen2)….which does not have a DCT.

Single clutch transmissions are for collectors, or people who like wasting money on maintenance items. Not for people who rack up 10K miles a year enjoying their car.

There will be a day when the 458 is not only more fun to drive than the F8, but where it will hold more value. If you don't understand that then Lamborghinis aren't the only marquee you don't have a grasp on.

x z8, Boomhauer and Surfah like this.
  17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    so hot to the point that I just became speechless

scott61 likes this.
  18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Bless your heart.

technom3 likes this.
  19. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Just drove my 458 and F8 today. The difference between the two grow further apart the more miles I put on them. I love each for their own merits but really can’t understand how sound is not in the top 2 (or 3). I grew up a military brat. Spent countless hours on base as a kid watching fighter jets. Still go watch the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels every chance I get. They are beautiful and fast. But not for the sound, I would not spend a dollar on gas to go see them. You have to have to have sound. Have to.

x z8, ferrarifanatic25, HH11 and 9 others like this.
  20. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Like this.

Shadowfax and OSUferrari like this.
  21. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #71 freshmeat, Jul 3, 2020
    Oh we’re comparing sound clips now? Tbh, for a V12 that sounded a little on the weak side...

Here’s what an unrestricted Scuderia sounds like from inside the cabin, with the windows not even rolled down...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BmyhFgTH8RX/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/4GR-RBxLkl/

Warning, she’s a screamer and makes a noise that puts current day F1 cars to shame...depending on whether you like boobies or not, you might want to turn down your volume...

22. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That's the great part about the 458. Sexy like Cindy C and moans loudly like Rosie O!
    Best of both worlds. Exactly why I own one ;)

IloveGT likes this.
  23. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    #73 veilstylez, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    at least the future of Tesla roadsters is good for some people. ...I don't know..its hard to relate because I can't drive a exotic with no sound or shltty sound for that matter. Exotic cars aren't exotics without their sound, sound is part of why its exotic....V12 Murci has their sound, CGT has its own sick sound, LFA has its own sound...I would own any of these car just for the sound. ........image you can get the sound of a Ferrari exhaust on any sports car today .. corvette, f-type, gts, or even on Supras....shlt wouldn't be Ferrari anymore.

if sound is not important I say try a 720s shlts amazing for everything else and will out perform out handle any 488 or F8

Finlander and plastique999 like this.
  24. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019

I don't particularly care about sound (as long as it's not the almost total silence of the electric), for that I would be curious to see a mighty Ferrari v12 Turbo (even bigger flame suit on :D)

LVP488 likes this.