812 GTS Allocation | Page 15 | FerrariChat

812 GTS Allocation

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ggear, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    SA told me today that they have 2 allocations per year and they will have a demo in by September to have a viewing of similar to what I just did with the Roma. I told him I would be interested in one of the next year slots but I have to talk it over with the wife and it has a lot to do with how the economy does going forward.

However, the depreciation on the 812 is currently just stupid. The 2019 delivered in April 2019 that was on sale in December on consignment and asking $379k on a $419k spec ended up selling for $330k about a month ago. That's a $90k loss, took six months to sell and the first owner only had it for 6 months and 1200 miles.

I also listened to the F8 startup and idle with the GPF and clearly it's a low rumble, no high frequency stuff coming through. It sounds strong and I took a video but when the valve closes there is very little sound.

bearmdjd likes this.
  2. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019

Thanks for the nice comment!! (You are a decent short )

The owner of the garage

of2worlds likes this.
  3. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    I guess you didn't watch the video where Shmee tells you how many miles are on the 812 SF in the garage. Maybe watch it before running your mouth.

Adamas and Art_collector like this.
  4. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    My 812 GTS order finally showed up in My Garage in the app today. It is, of course, shown as waiting list status.

IloveGT likes this.
  5. Leon Redensky

Leon Redensky Rookie

Jul 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Nototrader
    I think the Ferrari “lucky to get an allocation” game is over with more cars produced and exotics depreciating quickly, the speculative buyers are pretty much out. Definitely a better time to be the second owner of some of these crazy cars.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

LARRYH, IloveGT, Maloja and 1 other person like this.
  6. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks for the prompt @Scudmsl, mine too :D

7. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Mine has been waiting list status since March but still not 10R. Ive found the MyFerrari app to be very unreliable in the past. Once my dealer tells me its 10R I know its finally in production. I guess one reliable indicator of production start on the app is if a VIN is assigned.

8. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I just checked in the app and I do have a VIN for my GTS.... does that definitely mean production has begun? Or just that it's gone 10R??

9. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Idk if this is true, but if you're seeing a VIN you're much further along the process, idk where exactly. I am at 10R in the app but the dealer told me that the VIN won't get issued until later. i wonder if anyone has any more information on the process. thanks in advance.

10. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    I found out that 6-8 weeks after the VIN appeared in the app the car is finished at the factory.
    It depends on how fast you noticed that the VIN was given and if it‘s a TM spec or more standard.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Im not sure exactly what stage of production they assign a vin. Usually when Ive been given a VIN by the dealer the car is much further along the process.

All I meant was you can be sure its actually in production if there is a vin. The whole process is pretty opaque. Im glad at least the cars are great because the app and the information flow is not up to par. I used to say its the Ferrari way of adding to the mystery but now that they have an app with stages indicated I was hoping it was actually useful but not sure thats the case.

12. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    It is comical how poor the info flow is... for a multi billion dollar company, trying to create a luxury experience, how hard would it be to hire some decent IT guys to develop a decent app and have it linked to a real time production system which reliably showed status and predicted completion date?!

anyway, thanks all for the above info... I’ll call my dealer and get the latest. Would be epic to have my GTS for a late summer road trip!!

LMH, junc and Bundy like this.
  13. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    When we visited Maranello for our 2nd TM spec, Ferrari asked me to demo a mobile app designed to improve the customer experience. It was unbelievably bad. I felt embarrassed giving my honest opinions about it and finally told them it was nowhere near ready to be deployed. I wonder if it’s the same app that is now being used.

14. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Lol it certainly sounds like it is given how bad the app actually is

Bundy likes this.
  15. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    The MyFerrari app is an embarrassment. Recent thread on the topic.

My Ferrari app is embarrassing
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/index.php?threads/My-Ferrari-app-is-embarrassing.623345/

Would be interested to know who greenlighted this turd. I know half a dozen HS students who could have done a better job.

T

PTG1, deltona and Bundy like this.
  16. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    tomc likes this.
  17. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    FYI further to this topic. I spoke to my dealer today and my car is due to be finished early Sept. It is current 10R stage. As such, at least in my case, having a VIN assigned meant I was at 10R but not that production had begun.

BTW he also mentioned they are working hard to clear the Covid backlog and will not have the usual full August shutdown, some people will be working that month

of2worlds and gliazzurri like this.
  18. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Adamas and ferrarifanatic25 like this.
  19. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    When it goes 10R, there are no more changes allowed, but car is still pre-production at that point.

20. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    This 1-owner 2019 w/471k MSRP, <2k miles, asking 371k. In-service date 2/19, so 100k depreciation in 16 mos.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=551701739&LNX=VDPEMLSHRE&LNX=VDPEMLSHRE

21. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
  22. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I see your point, but I like the video better than the app. Maybe it’s the setting and a beautiful French florist...

sampelligrino and of2worlds like this.
  23. bearmdjd

bearmdjd Karting

Jul 10, 2017
    I just finalized my GTS order today. Hopefully will get an early 2021 delivery slot. Any more information out there about demand and volume? My dealer thinks they will make about 1k total worldwide. I’m hoping the GTS holds value better than the 812SF which has been a total turd (like most V12’s historically). 100k depreciation off the lot on the 812SF is a ton of money to lose even by Ferrari V12 standards.

24. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    It is! But for some reason I never think about it whenever I’m in the driver’s seat listening to that engine :)

maxemus likes this.
  25. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    So true or when I am building my new one online. I have been updating on the 812 pics forum but several are coming out of the factory. I got my second photo yesterday and will hopefully have this month now. It will be very interesting on value...if they really only make a 1k I have to believe it will be steady and I wonder if our Sf’s may get some support if production slows down and overall numbers are lower. Money matters but modern production Ferrari’s are about driving not investing...that’s what the back catalogue is for.

of2worlds and KenU like this.