Huayra BC is faster than the Holy Trinity. | FerrariChat

Huayra BC is faster than the Holy Trinity.

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Dilusha, May 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    It's an event called Hypercar invitational. They've tested the Huayra BC against the 918, P1 and LaF. And they've got some lap times too. But a particular company wouldn't allow them to reveal the lap times. ;)

9nb, LightGuy and BJK like this.
  2. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #2 BJK, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
    REEE-DIK-U-LUS!!! The LaF is 7 years old! get over it!

p.s. AWESOME vids! Love it. but for the record, shout out to Salomondrin who did it first with the CupGang and 'Hyper 5' in 2015. That whole gang kind of blew up, but .....

3. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Kind of wild that many said the old school CGT was the most involving / fun / rewarding.

BJK likes this.
  4. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    How old is the Huarya?

5. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Well, I didn't say Ferrari. :p

BJK likes this.
  6. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    The BC (track focused) in vid since 2016

7. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Can't believe you got Randy Pobst on board! He is THE man. No one (Chris Harris close second) is better at describing his driving experience. Seems honest and down to earth. No BS.

greg328 likes this.
  8. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Great vids, thanks for sharing!

9. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Well his Huayra lap time was f***ing stupid. It was even slower than the Veyron SS. :p

In the next event they're going to Laguna Seca. And hopefully someone could bring a regular Huayra coupe too. So we can get lap times from both Huayra and Huayra BC. ;)

BJK likes this.
  10. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    You knows there's no way the Huayra is slower than a Veyron SS. And he called the Huayra is slower than advertised. What a load of BS! I think he just wanted to sell it.

11. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I like people who know how to DRIVE and those two certainly get the nod. I also have been liking Davide Cironi quite a lot. You may want to check him out on youtube and put on the english closed captions.

BJK likes this.
  12. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Beauty AND Beast

13. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I guess there is a certain joy in setting personal lap records.
    Or being faster than another car in a dominant car.

But me me it was all about competing against an equal car in an actual wheel to wheel race.
    Even only if in a 50 HP Formula Vee.

But hats off to the Huayra.
    Sounds like an amazing car another which I will never get to drive.
    But beware;
    Next year a faster gun will roll into town.

Skidkid and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  14. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    What is this event? Who are the owners? And after watching all of it, there was none of the promised 'pro v amateur' feedback. All I got was randy who is awesome but covered previously in other reviews. And why no data? Lap times comparison for amateur v randy would have made this epic video instead of just mildly interesting

BJK likes this.
  15. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    i think it was just a trial run for future events. See what works, what doesn't work, (ie; photographers, editing, gopro batteries going out, telemetry, etc.). Just about all of these cars were owned by the same person

Next one will be much better from a video/analysis/pro vs. amateur thing (many more owners driving their own cars ). I wan't part of this particular day but I will be part of the next one at Laguna Seca (i'll see how far I am from Pobst time on the same day, same car, same rubber, etc.

BJK and 95spiderman like this.
  16. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    really cool to be a part of it. keep us utd

BJK and exoticcardreamer like this.
  17. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    No data because of you know who. :p And it's their first effort. The next one in the west coast is a bigger one.

Btw, the Huayra isn't owned by Greg B anymore. I never thought he'd sell it.

BJK likes this.
  18. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    How does a factory in italy tell a privately owned car doing a private event in usa, 'dont show data'? I will believe it but still little far fetched especially when data exists from when car was new

19. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    A factory car would have been fine. But not from a customer's.

20. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    so Ferrari threatens owner to not allow their personal car to be tested? or else what, wont sell them next hypercar? absurd. publicity of that would be worse than losing a test. and it would probably win anyway

21. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Generally, the various car companies own the copyright/images, etc., to the car. If you are going to use it for commercial purposes then they can and in ferrari land will enforce their right to allow you to use it (paid or non paid). They derive substantial revenues in licensing out ferrari name/logo's, etc. They protect it fiercely. They sometimes use this in a way to allow or not allow permission for other things like telemetry/lap tests (protecting the brand image, making sure the car is optimized, they are comfortable that the driver is competent and can drive it properly in comparison to their test drivers, etc.).

A few years ago; Lambo/porsche sent cease and desist letters to photographers who had photoshoots with customer cars and then tried to sell calendars to raise money for non profits.(they want the licensing money)

Just think Michael Jordan image that was used by that supermarket in Chicago and what happened to them.

22. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    still doesn't make sense to me. youtubers have been testing cars with data from beginning. why is this different than say a doug demuro 'doug score' on laf? makes sense lambo doesn't want their cars in fashion shoots with out compensation, but this is completely unrelated.

23. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    It's been happening for a long time and it has worked out pretty well so far. They haven't lost any business. In fact, the demand for Ferrari is now stronger than ever. And Ferrari knows it.