Racing seat passenger issues | FerrariChat

Racing seat passenger issues

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Lagunae92, May 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Having the CF race seats in the Pista and 812, my shorter passengers can't see much. Has anyone ever tried fitting a seat lifter on the passenger side? I'll ask my service tech this week, but what if one got the seat lifter from a RHD car to fit to a right sided passenger seat? No idea if it is feasible...any thoughts?

2. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    After watching a few threads on this, it seems retro fitting the seat lifter mechanism to a non lifter racing seat is not possible. Seems best you can do is insert spacers underneath the mounting points of 1-2” max.

3. Citadel

Citadel Karting

Aug 6, 2017
    Dallas, Texas
    Jcmd likes this.
  4. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Thing is, sometimes taller people are passengers as well. Lol. Probably best to leave it alone, but I'll explore options.

5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    A seat cushion will do the job.

Ash Patel and Lagunae92 like this.
  6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    A large truck got wedged under a bridge. In an attempt to extricate it, the city officials, police and fire crew called in structural engineers and other various experts. They undertook excavation strategies, while others conducted tests to determine the feasibility of raising the bridge in order to free the truck. After hours of unsuccessful and frustrating attempts, a 10 year old bystander, innocently shouted, “Why not let the air out of the truck’s tires”. The tires were indeed deflated and the truck was quickly freed. Sometimes the best solution to a problem is the simplest.

7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #7 Shadowfax, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
    http://shopiframe2.porsche.com/uk/car/childseats/95504480589/

Porsche also have a seat where the base detaches from the back leaving just the base. Pretty sure it has the isofix too. I have one still - in my storage- and can take some pics for you if interested. The base section really does the job as it sits nicely on the swab and doesn't move around. My daughter used it up until she was about 10 or so on the front seat. It would also work with a small adult so long as they weren't too wide on the hips.

8. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Yeah, it’s not my problem. Ha! That’s why we have the passenger display in the 812. Watch that for fun.

9. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Are these vehicle specific? The ones in the pic look like wrong dimensions. I'm planning to do this on both sides asap.

If not I have a fab shop that will make them. If anyone else wants a set lmk.

10. Citadel

Citadel Karting

Aug 6, 2017
    Dallas, Texas
    They work perfectly. Just order the ones in the image I posted. They are for a Jeep Wrangler but fit the 458 perfectly.
    You need to also buy longer bolts. M8, 70mm.

[SR] CNC Machined Front Seat 1" Risers Lift Spacer FOR Jeep Wrangler 97-06 BLACK

RaceMX-M3 likes this.
  11. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    Is this install a DIY, how easy or difficult is the install?

12. Citadel

Citadel Karting

Aug 6, 2017
    Dallas, Texas
    Yes... Takes about 10 min max.

Jcmd likes this.
  13. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I ordered the Streetrays kit. On a scale of 1 to 10 the install should be a 1.

14. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #14 Dicecal, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/488-race-seats-height-adjustment.566492/

The only problem I see with these spacers is they are not long enough to match the mounting points in the car. See attached thread, some other poster had proper spacers made for his car. I’d be much more comfortable with something that is the full length of the mounting point instead of mounting my seats to smaller rectangle.

Jcmd likes this.
  15. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I will see how they fit. May go ahead and have some fabricated. Will have to see if I can have some carved out of titanium. :)

16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Don't want to be a party pooper but here in Australia absolutely NO MODIFICATION can be made to seats. Based on road authority and insurance that's another thing all together.