Pricing with Current Economy | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Pricing with Current Economy

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Extra300, May 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrduck

mrduck Rookie

Feb 2, 2014
    I bought it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

IPO1 likes this.
  2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    New car registrations in Europe fell 75% in April.

3. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I hate you if it was the Denver car. I didn't dial fast enough. It was a perfect spec.

4. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    In Europe prices didn't move a dime (yet).

5. mrduck

mrduck Rookie

Feb 2, 2014
    Nope California,
    I got red with black carbon seats.

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  6. mrduck

mrduck Rookie

Feb 2, 2014
    A bunch of ferrari dealers wanted it. Might be the same one.

7. mrduck

mrduck Rookie

Feb 2, 2014
    714 miles?

8. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    No. Was a 15, Nero/nero, CF everywhere, Goldrakes, every option, 1200 miles, $199....I missed it by one phone call. Lasted less than a day. Was hoping guy backed out...wire showed today :(

9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Dealers were closed due to lock down in most places - so the market has been frozen (used cars sales were probably about as much impacted as new cars sales). Now most countries are gradually re-opening but business is still limited (travels are still limited inside France for instance) so while everybody expects the actual prices to go down nobody knows by how much, it will probably take a few weeks to get a better idea.

Ash Patel likes this.
  10. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    that's a crazy price!!!

11. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Prices aren’t budging... But no one is selling either. That’s Europe for you at the moment. I would’ve thought the market would be quicker to adapt. Of course some agents can hold, that’s not the problem. It’s just not smart, imvho.

We’re experiencing a stalemate of sorts that benefits no one. Sellers stubbornly won’t drop the price because they feel the right buyer will eventually come, and buyers are happily biding their time because every day that passes, the chances of a price drop increase.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

rumen1, uhn2000 and Bas like this.
  12. stephenshane237

Aug 22, 2013
    Cleveland ohio
    I own 6 dealerships and we are having the best may collectively on record sans ppp $$$. However in Ohio we are deemed essential so never shut down, demand is huge right now new or used.

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Great, and that gives some hope! We're not hit hard here in the whole region corona wise, but where my friend has his dealerships is a huge tourism place, and pretty much the entire place gets a huge amount of its annual GDP from tourism, so it's flat on it's ass at the moment.

Whilst very few corona cases here there was a lock down here and no good government effectively shut down. I needed a few import permits that where about to be approved and that would mean an enormous deal for me, but now every **** is suddenly holding their hand up. All claim the same thing, pay me the money and I'll have the permit for you. I know how their game is played...I've said sign it and you'll get paid the moment you hand it over to me. No dice. Sitting it out and waiting patiently!

14. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    I get my "new to me" 458 on Thursday. I have wanted one for 5 years and I got the one I wanted. I don't know what the depreciation will be in the next few months, but I am not concerned. I felt I paid a fair price. Titanium/Bordeaux with carbon brakes and lots of nice options. There is something about this model that seems very special to me. The last naturally aspirated mid engined Ferrari, clean design and hp that isn't lunatic. I am very excited about getting my dream ride.

DefunctNeurons, Bas, PTG1 and 5 others like this.
  15. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Interesting. Are you hearing of similar demand from fellow dealership owners in other states?

16. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    In UK prices are around £10k down across used cars I'm looking at: 458, F12, Porto, Lusso, FF

AlfistaPortoghese and Bas like this.
  17. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    As long as you pair a fair market price at the time you buy that is all you can expect. If depreciation is bad just never sell that way you never feel it. Congratulations on your new car

18. stephenshane237

Aug 22, 2013
    Cleveland ohio
    New vehicles are in short supply but the stores that have a good used car department are doing well. July is when we should start getting vehicles shipped from the factory and truck and suv’s are in high demand right now.

19. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    I'd say they must be early model year 458s w/ a decent amount of mileage on them. However, if you find the car that's right for you, go for it!

20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Awesome, and a great colour combo sadly not as popular anymore these days. Any pics?

FF's especially took a heavy, quick dive under the 100K mark.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I would reconsider your FF comment based on what We saw on BaT last 2 weeks: 2 very average 2012 cars sold for 125k!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    Bas, I will get some pictures after I get it here tomorrow. This color combo has been one of my favorites since I saw the 550 Maranello
    in the Nicolas Cage movie, "The Family Man".

DefunctNeurons and Bas like this.
  23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Just basing it of UK/EU market myself...For the UK we've had a few cars in the last year flirt with the 100K barrier, now there are 9 just on Autotrader under 100K, with 3 at 90 or lower! Rest are around 100-110 with a few exceptions. Massive dive from last year where the average was around 125-140 and some even for 160K (advertised).

If you can get one with warranty...what a car for the money! PTU would worry me hence would like warranty.

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Looking forward to it, I bet you can't wait yourself! Agree, and especially on 550's it was the perfect colour combination.

25. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Ah i see! Here they still are 100k, seems to have hit some bottom.
    I agree mine has warranty and I’m renewing it lol
    Not the prettiest Ferrari but lots of car for the money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bas likes this.