458 - What is your daily driver? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 What is your daily driver?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by eskanday, May 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

2. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    On a twisty road, sub 90 mph, in the Model 3, none of my friends, in any of their cars, can catch me.

3. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Lusso 12. Daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Panamera

elephantgrinds likes this.
  5. joeyfrost

joeyfrost Rookie

Dec 28, 2018
    Here is the MK6 VW Golf R. It’s manual, very quick, and a total sleeper. I don’t like to be too loud with anything so this is my go to daily. More pics of my build is on IG if anyone is on there. @Charlotte.MK6R

Image Unavailable, Please Login

nicholasn, ScottS and soulsea like this.
  6. RossoF8

RossoF8 Karting

Aug 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
  7. RazAtx

RazAtx Rookie

Oct 6, 2019
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Raza Haider
    Current line up.. in market to change both "other" cars....looking to replace the q5 with an etron (wife) and the cayman with a panamera

Loxo, Bryan S, MacDemarco and 6 others like this.
  8. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
  9. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Just traded my F10 M5 CP for a 550. Suspension in the CP was killing me.

m5shiv likes this.
  10. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
  11. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
  12. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    I have about 1k miles on my 2018 Porsche Panamera 4 E-Hybrid. Has the phenomenal fit and finish of a Porsche, tons of cargo space, and I've done 650 miles since last fill up with a projected 120 more to go before empty. What's not to love about that!

Bryan S and ScottJon like this.
  13. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    2015 458 spider, every day, 121,000 miles!

(Next daily driver is the F8 spider in build status at the factory. Oh and keeping the 458 forever!)

14. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    NGooding, Nicky_Santoro, Loxo and 8 others like this.
  15. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    A comfortable and totally capable pickup is my choice. 2020 GMC AT4 with the 6.2 liter V8 engine and ten speed transmission. Love this thing and it gets huge use from the whole family. It’s become our road trip vehicle.

16. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    2006 Honda Ridgeline. Quarter million miles.
    We've been from Key West to Northern California with it. Park it anywhere, go anywhere. The wife and I were bopping around some unpaved back roads with it the other day. Love this truck...T

17. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hello,

My current daily is a Mercedes-Benz S560 Twin Turbo 4Matic. I’ve driven only SonderKlasse Benzes as daily drivers for the last 32 years. I put brutal mileage on them most years and up until a few months ago, I had three of them in my garage.

They have lots of room, offer a very smooth ride for long drives on bad roads and with the addition of the turbos, they are quite fast for a car that weighs almost 5k pounds. They are not cheap to own by any measure, so if you keep it past the warranty, get ready to drop a blo*dy shed load of Quid when it needs repairs. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Nicky_Santoro, Loxo, blkfxstc and 3 others like this.
  18. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    I dd a 2003 Ford Ranger 4x4
    We bought it new and it has been a reliable get around (107k miles). I have a habit of keeping our cars until I need to get new ones.
    It is the only thing that comes out of the garage during the Winter when there is snow on the ground.
    I call it my grandpa truck as it is way under the radar.
    My moto is if you have a house, you need a truck (or a friend with a truck).

Sometimes it is better for me not to let everyone else know what I have to drive for fun.

Best wishes,
    Gene Greer

19. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Boomhauer and tomc like this.
  20. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    My hero.

21. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015

OMG!!!

Rexcat458, Jordan68, LI2782 and 3 others like this.
  22. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    As a lifelong "car-guy" I used to prefer AMG's as DD's. But since moving to a Tesla Model S p 85D Insane in 2015, it was hard to move away from all the convenience and tech updates that Tesla has afforded as a daily driver. Autopilot has truly changed the world for DD's. In 2016 I upgraded the model S to Ludicrous mode. In 2019 I considered going to a model 3 performance, but the practical side in me I moved up to a newer body type Model S 100D due to the longer range. It is still fast enough on the street as a DD, and continues to amaze me with all the updates that we get as Tesla owners. Tesla's are truly like driving smart phones, and once you get used to using all the features to make your life easier and convenient. When waiting for the kids at Piano lessons, or soccer practice, I can stream Netflix, play some pretty cool video games, and even do some work in the car. I find it quite hard to move away from the Tesla experience in a DD. I look forward to upgrade this next year to either the facelifted S Tri motor- plaid or Cybertruck Tri motor-plaid.

oc23, Softman, m5shiv and 4 others like this.
  23. dweintra

dweintra Karting

Aug 16, 2012
    Seattle, WA and Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Don Weintraub
    Range Rover Sport Diesel. I usually have some sort of Range Rover full size model. I tried a sport this time for easier parking. Suits me well. Last year I drove a Maserati GranTurismo for a year daily and miss it but needed the functionality of an SUV. I think RR’s are still quite hard to bear for a daily suv

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MRY and v35 like this.
  24. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Model S. My second. Both flawless, not one day in service. Brilliant if you are in a city.
    The model 3 was just too fugly.

25. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    2015 GMC 2500 with a diesel. As is standard practice for me, stock wasn’t good enough so I put a tune on the truck. I thought the truck was much improved, so I called the tuner and asked him how much more we could get out of the truck. Today it’s sporting a built transmission, lift pump, stroker high pressure pump and a compound turbo kit. At 650 or so wheel horsepower it’s a blast! Sadly for the truck it will be moving outside once the 488 moves in, I’ve got to get working on an addition for the garage.