Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 108 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    you lucky dog!

absent likes this.
  2. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    My biggest win in a lifetime lottery.

daytona355 likes this.
  3. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    .....and he's smart enough to know it.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Three college kids are walking by my car snickering and so forth. One asks me knowing full well “ what kind of car is that “? Laughing ..... I said it’s the new Ford Mustang. His buddies were laughing hysterically.

5. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    So fast that you traveled in time!

6. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    52? Really? She looks more like 25 to me. :D

rajaramsivasankar and daytona355 like this.
  7. jkddad

jkddad Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2006
    Should have added, "and you should go by your local Ford dealer, they start at 15K". So if he was truly oblivious to what it was, it would have been funny to watch him try to explain to the salesman.

Cigarzman and daytona355 like this.
  8. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    When I met my wife, I was 39, she was 18, and we went out to a bar at Xmas with her friends. A guy she was at school with fancied her and wanted to ask her out, and was annoyed I was with her. When we left the bar, in an attempt to embarrass me I suppose, he said as we passed him ‘she only wants you for your ferrari’ to which there were a few titters. I stopped, walked back to him, at which point he shrunk back a bit as he’s 5 foot 6 and I’m 6’2, and calmly said ‘no, get it right, I’ve two Ferraris, a Lamborghini, Maserati and Porsche. How can you tell which one car of all those she really wants?. Get a job, you’ll be able to dream of buying one from me someday’. People in the queue clapped and laughed at the little turd. Suffice to say, he never ever said a word to me if we saw him afterwards

ZF123, IloveGT, PhilNotHill and 5 others like this.
  9. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    ok, so which car DID she want?:D

IloveGT likes this.
  10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The Ferrari trouser snake 5000! Oh, and the Aston Martin!

11. Mafiaboy1975

Mafiaboy1975 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2019
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mick
    My head of product walked up to me and said. Oh you got a new car, I see it parked in your bay. Yes I said ... nice was her reply but I thought you were and Italian car guys , why then the mustang ?

Mustang i said??? Yes is it not a mustang it has a horse on the back .....

Needless to say thank god she does not design cars for a living or I’d have a problem

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yet another case of colour confusion.

In the spring last year come to a stop at a light where a guy in a pristine '57 Impala pulls up. Note that in this country I'd say there are less than 10 of those, so a guy in that car would most likely be a pretty serious enthusiast.
    Anyway, me in a Rosso California 488 Spider with top down him in his ride arm out the window and Creedence blaring from his stereo, exchanging compliments one car guy to another, untill... "Funny, I thought they only came in yellow and black". Me smiling, saying something like "nono, white too". He then asks "Is it a California?".
    That was really odd as I have NEVER heard anything but the "do they make them in anything but red?", but I suppose he hadn't seen a 488/458 Spider in the wild before. He did seem very surprised that I complimented his '57 Impala rather than his "Chevy," and he laughed when I then complimented his buddys '56 Nomad which was right behind him. Don't think he was used to people recognize both model and year of such cars in a country where they are as rare as a 458 SA.

Good times:)

13. dodici

dodici Karting

Mar 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA.
    Full Name:
    Dale
    57 Impala??? I had a 57 Bel Air and there wasn't an Impala in 57 in the United States. No wonder there were less than 10.

PhilNotHill and stever like this.
  14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Haha. You are right. It was a '58, an error in the writeup. Was thinking of something else while writing. The '56 Nomad is correct though:) There are a few Trifive Bel Airs around here, and what set it apart was that it was an early Impala. The '58 and on are quite different looming from the Tris after all:)

steven t evans and daytona355 like this.
  15. dodici

dodici Karting

Mar 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA.
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I was never a fan of the '58's styling. But 57 Bel Air hardtops (not posts) and Nomads were my favorite back in the day. I wasn't a fan of the two speed power-glide they often came with however.

PhilNotHill likes this.
  16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    '57 is definitely the Trifive year to have. The PG is a bit sluggish, but it's pretty bulletproof.
    Not a huge fan here of the '58 styling either. I'm actually more of a Chrysler guy when it comes to the late 50's. While I know it's technically a 1960, 300F is a bit of a dream for me.

17. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I was just registering for the FCA Annual Experience in Mont Tremblant when I remembered an experience we had one time when leaving Canada. It was a Sunday afternoon in the summer when we approached the border crossing in our 612 OTO. There were three lanes and each lane had about 20 cars in it. We were in the middle lane. I kept looking at my temp gauge anxious to get through and get moving again.

When we reached the CBP officer he had a smile on his face. Now we travel out of the country several times a year and CBP officers are rarely smiling. They are polite and cordial, but very business-like. In jovial way he said I need to know where you've been, what you did, what you bought, what you are bringing back. He was obviously in a lighthearted mood. I answered his questions (as usual I didn't buy anything, only my wife bought stuff).

As he handed our passports back, he pointed to a sign that was about 100 yards up the road. He asked, "How fast can this car get to that sign?" I knew what he was insinuating and asked, "Are you serious?" He leaned into my driver's window and with a huge grin said, "Hey, we can't give out tickets."

So I rolled out of the shute and once clear I nailed it. The sound of my upgraded exhaust is just unreal, and I stayed on it well past the sign he had pointed out. I think it was his way of making an otherwise tedious and repetitive job just a little bit entertaining.

The funny part of this was (and I hadn't thought about it), my wife said to me, "All those cars behind us must think we're running from the Border Patrol!" :D

18. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I so relate to this. Once I was in a drive-through in my 360. Nobody ahead, so I just ordered, pulled up to the window, and shut it off. The kid asked me why I shut it off and I came up with a good one: "Ferraris are like sharks; if you don't keep them moving, they die." :)

19. Clyde Romero

Clyde Romero Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Clarence Romero
    that's too funny

20. Clyde Romero

Clyde Romero Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Full Name:
    Clarence Romero

ok not car related but close
    I am a retired airline captain
    I started out sitting sideways on a 727 I was the flight engineer
    back then people would always come into the cockpit to look around when we were on the ground
    I had this one guy and his son come into the cockpit and the kid asked me what type of plane this was
    well we were in a 727 and it has 3 engines
    the dad piped up and said son
    the 737 has 3 engines
    this is a 727 it has 2 engines
    and the 747 has 4 engines

so I said then how may engines does a 707 have ?

silence

21. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    On the other hand, I once flew on a 3 engined 707!!! (as a passenger)

It was late 60's -- trans Atlantic flight, the outboard engine on the right side started spitting fire. The captain came on the PA and announced -- in a very British accent -- "Ladies and Gentlemen, in case you haven't noticed, our number 4 (I'm not sure I remember the number correctly) is currently on fire. But....not to worry, we are shutting it down. And....as we are past the halfway point, we are continuing on to New York".

They did shut it down, and we continued on with an otherwise uneventful flight.

Also, there are "technically" 5-engined 747s (yes -- I know it's just an engine being ferried, and is not operational on the aircraft).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sid

22. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    The stupidest thing I’ve heard was a few years ago when my wife and I were sitting in traffic in my Grigio Titanio 458 spider with the top down on St Patrick’s day. As revelers walked past us an obese young man in a tee shirt and green hat coughed multiple times “midlife crisis”. I didn’t understand what he was saying until my wife told me later.
    Funny thing is after 3 Ferraris and multiple other sports cars I don’t think I’ve hit my midlife crisis...yet. He obviously has.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    More cute and unusual, than funny or stupid, but I pull into the grocery store parking lot this morning, and as I've got the door standing open and am donning my bio-hazard outfit, a young (20~30ish) woman in a Honda stops behind me, rolls down her window and says: "I've got you in my LEGO set". I can honestly say that I had never heard that before in my 20 years of TR use.

nicholasn, jag-oo-r, MalcQV and 5 others like this.
  24. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i had my midlife crisis at 33 :)

25. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA