Just joined iracing | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Just joined iracing

Discussion in 'Technology' started by speedy_sam, Jan 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Fanetec Podium.... should be here in May.

2. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Did you get the Podium? DD1 or DD2?

I just got an Oculus and I am about to buy a wheel, pedals, rig etc. Curious to hear how you like the Fanatec.

Thanks!

3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Got Podium 1 and have all Fanatec equipment - saw that is what Porsche uses at the Sim Lab in Atlanta so figured if good for them good for me. have no tlooked back. I use the VIVE pro for view... its great... I've been obsessed with Assetto Corsa computer version - you can download so many mods for vintage F-1 seasons like mid 80's and mid 90's , love the cars and sound.

I have not been doing too much I racing but need to get back in there. just been so tied up with work.

4. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Didn't see this before, but I would be. I drive mostly gte and gt3 these days but occasionally run lmp1 or the c7 Daytona prototype, but can generally get a handle on anything within half an hour or so.

I've upgraded most of my equipment now to where I'm running an accuforce direct drive wheel, load cell equipped thrustmaster pedals and a Samsung odyssey+ vr headset. That was by far the biggest upgrade as the visuals were a huge leap from the oculus.

5. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I want to get into this. What is a good computer and vr headset?

6. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    2080 based graphics card and a valve index.

vincent355 likes this.
  7. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yep, that's the hot ticket. If you're a little more technically inclined and have unlimited budget, an rtx titan and pimax 8kx are the absolute top end.

8. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Didn't know about the pimax - thanks for the info.

bobzdar likes this.
  9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    My wheel is arriving on either tomorrow or monday (T300 599XX with T3PA pedals, something to pass the time with), just re-subscribed to iracing after having only done 1 session once in 2016!. Anyone here still active?

singletrack likes this.
  10. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I haven’t driven much recently. I was driving the IR01 at Long Beach quite a bit a couple months ago. Epic.

Been working on the cars in real life, as well as some other stuff so not much time. I would do a session of whatever if you catch me online. Later man.

Bas likes this.
  11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Will do man! Seen you online last few days but no races for some time. Should be B licensed tonight myself. Internet a bit of a PITA some times but have had some good races with friends in EU (higher ping than either US server).

singletrack likes this.
  12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Will do man! Seen you online last few days but no races for some time. Should be B licensed tonight myself. Internet a bit of a PITA some times but have had some good races with friends in EU (higher ping than either US server).

13. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yah I was just getting it patched up the other day. It spends most of its time these days mining ETH. LOL. 2021 is so stupid.

Bas likes this.