My 812 Order is in | Page 6 | FerrariChat

My 812 Order is in

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by wrs, Jan 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    White is cool but on the 812 GTS the roof assembly lines are very wide and will stick out, black on white.

This is one reason I am doing mine in Rosso Corsa. I was seriously considering Pearly White before someone on this board pointed out this issue.

wrs and Gianfranco341 like this.
  2. FerrAli

FerrAli Rookie

Jan 25, 2020
    Germany
    Hi,
    my 812 is arrived to the dealer, but we pickup in 4 Weeks.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Doug23, stavura, Thecadster and 3 others like this.
  3. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    Very interesting if your has GPF because mine is very closed to your serial number : last 3 digits 827. I think mine is still in Maranello even if they have already announced its completion but since 14th of March factory and Italian dealer are on lock down

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. FerrAli

FerrAli Rookie

Jan 25, 2020
    Germany
    #129 FerrAli, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    Hi,
    my last digits is ..816, but I don’t now if my 812 has GPF or not.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Ask the dealer for the MODIS codes. Your dealer knows them even before arrival. Mine:

F152DB 2P V12 EURO6D GPF EU AD

6. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I asked at least 4 times , no answer .

7. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Probably doesn't want to disssapoint you with the GPF.

Thecadster and Gianfranco341 like this.
  8. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I think too

9. FerrAli

FerrAli Rookie

Jan 25, 2020
    Germany
    Hi,
    so I get the Information.

F152DB 2P V12 EURO6D GPF EU AD

Vehicle Group:
    812 Superfast MY20 ADAS EU6D

What is the difference between with GPF and without GPF

Doug23 likes this.
  10. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    So also mine will have it . Big differences :
    1) at idle sound is nothing compared to a ne without GPF
    2) raising rpm sound is coming but not like the one without
    3) they had to tune the engine at higher power because GPF is eating some power . Rumors saying you will loose anyway few hp . As a mechanical engineer I don’t like the idea to have an obstruction to the exhaust stressing more the engine with higher temperature and tuning up and having not such amazing sound

456-boy and LMH like this.
  11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Really doubt that. The V-Box will give the answers though.

12. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    This is what I’ve heard . The fact GPF is an obstruction in the exhaust is clear as the raising of temperature as a loss of power . May be with a proper tuning they went back to 800 HP but rumors are saying you loose anyway 7-8 hp and it will be really difficult to check such small amount on 800 hp engine

LMH likes this.
  13. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Here are some non-GPF numbers from Vbox this weekend.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thecadster likes this.
  14. Doug23

Doug23 Karting

Jun 23, 2017
    Italy
    What kind of code is "F152DB" ? Engine codes should start with F140 , while chassis code is F152BCE (as shown by @FerrAli )

15. TWCC

TWCC Karting

Apr 27, 2020
    812 doesn't have 800 hp anyways...more like 750...POG put it on a dyno (go to 8min50sec for the results)

16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    This is not a bench dyno, it's a rolling road, and they are notoriously unreliable.

17. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    If your 812 has less than 2000 miles on the odometer you are not at full power yet...the first let-out occurs just after 500 miles, it is significant and than another around 1200 and, less confident on this, but understand after 2K miles you have access to full power...

LMH likes this.
  18. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    OK, this sounds like what they used to say about the M5 and I always thought it was questionable. Is this just a break in mechanism that is true across engines or something the factory has programmed in? The claim was that at 1200 miles on the M5 there was a marked improvement in performance and power and it was by design, in the software.

19. TWCC

TWCC Karting

Apr 27, 2020
    ok thanks for the input...i am not expert, however there are two other dyno instances on youtube (vehicle virgins and dragtimes) where the implied drive train loss is 17-20% which is significant and indicates that actual hp is below stated in the high single digit %....also POG in his video says that he dyno'd his 458 S and it was also c. 10% below stated power

has anybody done a reliable dyno test on the 812?

20. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    It's part of the factory engine controller programming, it does not matter the engine, it is how they can control break-in

wrs likes this.
  21. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    OK well I will definitely be going back out there to do more testing, maybe this weekend. I did some more practice with the CT OFF yesterday and PS. I was able to get that combination to work. I was not sure of the stopping distance or what speeds the car would achieve and so I moved back from my normal starting point. That point that I took is more uphill at the start than say 100 feet further up the road. That can make a big difference in the 60ft time so I bet I can get a better ET just moving forward on my start. As to the issue of power being greater with more miles, that will show up in the trap speed.

I had looked on line and there is a claim that the 812 can do 10.4 @ 141mph in the quarter but I bet I can't achieve that out on my test road. However, if I could get 10.5 @ 137 it would be as good as my 725hp tuned 991tts was at the drag strip with race gas. Out on that road it did a 10.4 @ 131. The F cars are faster but it's quicker. Here is the chart of the 991tts. You can see I didn't have as much uphill at the start. It also pulls 1.5g whereas the 812 only did 1g. That's important also and as someone else mentioned that is likely due to the AWD.

22. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Depending on settings, two identical rolling roads can produce vastly different results. They are useful for comparative purposes only (i.e. the difference between two cars, or before and after a tune). Only a properly set bench dyno, the kind that only engine makers have, can produce accurate readings, as it measures the engine's performance independently of the transmission. This is a bench dyno:

Thecadster likes this.
  23. TWCC

TWCC Karting

Apr 27, 2020
    tnx for this....i think what i am saying is that there is consistently high implied drive train loss across three 812 tests and one 458 S...which indicates either one of two things...either F are incredibly inefficient brining power to the wheels or actual engine power is below advertised

24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Or neither. You cannot really tell by a rolling road.