430 - Bianco Fuji VS Nero Daytona | FerrariChat

430 Bianco Fuji VS Nero Daytona

Discussion in '360/430' started by ponyprancing, Apr 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Bianco Fuji or Nero Daytona

1. Bianco Fuji

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. Nero Daytona

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  1. ponyprancing

ponyprancing Rookie

Jul 24, 2017
    Hi all,

Been a while since I've been on the forum.
    Hope you are all keeping well given how things are these days.

I am giving thought to buying an F430 Spider some time in the next couple of years.
    I'm considering two options:
    Bianco Fuji on white/ivory interior (either factory or custom made) extended to dashboard and steering wheel.
    2. Nero Daytona on charcoal/nero leather or maybe white/ivory to give some contrast.

I would like to get some thoughts on these options. Some points to raise:
    - I live in a considerably hot coastal city, comparable to Miami climate (sunny almost all year round).
    - I am not interested in other exterior colours.
    - Would park inside and would drive almost every day (city is small with good windy mountain roads close by).

I am torn between Bianco (Fuji) and Nero (Daytona or solid).
    I realise that nothing comes close to a waxed black Ferrari, but then the elegance and purity of Bianco Fuji (and especially the pronounced lines) gets me every time.
    Nero Daytona is easier to find, whereas Bianco Fuji is almost impossible to find, but I am not worried about that yet.

I once saw a Bianco Avus Scuderia parked next to a nightclub close to the marina and the way the car reflected off the blue and purple lights was enchanting. Pure art.

I would appreciate any opinions/pictures and thoughts on the never-ending Bianco vs Nero battle to ease my choice.

Many thanks in advance.

P.S. Apologies for the long post.

2. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Black is a wonderful color to be sure But, with that said, the beautiful lines of a Ferrari, any Ferrari, seem to me to show up more prominently in the lighter colors.

ponyprancing likes this.
  3. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    I have an 07 Nero f430 spider. Love it. Can’t imagine having this car in any other color except maybe charcoal gray

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

NeroF8 and ponyprancing like this.
  4. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I would've said Blanco, but not with a white interior, which I'd never do on any car. Also believe it would hurt resale

APA#1, carguyjohn350 and ponyprancing like this.
  5. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    Agree with no white interior for sure. Cuoio or the lighter tan would look good. I recently saw a pearl white/cuoio 458 that was stunning. Silverstone Gray/Cuoio is hard to beat but not what OP wants. Black? Black is black but the lines disappear. Black is OK for blob shaped Porsches with no lines to begin with but not so much for any year Ferrari. Had a few black cars and they look dirty if you breath on them and I do not like washing cars. Black and Red are colors that you eventually outgrow but are two colors that you must have had at least once.

I'm 360 Canuck and ponyprancing like this.
  6. ponyprancing

ponyprancing Rookie

Jul 24, 2017
    Many thanks to everyone for taking the time to give their opinion on this topic.

ItalGerBrit and KC360 FL, I agree with your statements. Having owned a couple Porsches in the past, black suits them perfectly. The problem is that swirls and dents eventually build up (and I used to wash the cars once a week or at least every 2 weeks). However, fresh out of the shower a black car has more road presence than any other colour I have yet seen. What white loses in presence and 'intimidation', I think it gains in purity and beauty. Very hard choice.

White on white does seem to be a love it or hate it thing. Personally, I think it can be very elegant on the right model.
    See below for some pictures from the web. I think Bianco Fuji would look even better without looking like something out of Mr. Fux's collection or a Miami Vice fanatic's garage. Bianco on Cuoio is not something I find very appealing. I have considered Bianco with Bordeaux and Nero inserts/stitching, but that is still growing on me.

Cole328 what has been your experience with the Nero Spider? Is black attracting the same attention as with other colours? How's keeping it shiny?

Once again all comments are much appreciated!

Thoughts on these pictures?
    P.S. If anyone here owns the Spider below I would love to get some more pictures.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Black is black. A bit more difficult to maintain for sure, when it’s clean, to me, nothing looks like it. It’s not that difficult

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ponyprancing likes this.
  8. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    I guess the white/white does sorta look good in Miami. Looks like it belongs there.

ponyprancing likes this.
  9. ponyprancing

ponyprancing Rookie

Jul 24, 2017
    Looks pretty even ... I expected it to be..

Thanks all for the input.

Keep safe!

10. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    My last 911 was white with gray interior. When I was shopping for it I actually told one dealer that I had no interest in a white car-- I actually said: "white is for refrigerators and washing machines"

Fast forward 17 years and I still owned the car. The white grew on me and I saw it as classy and the lines, those hips, every curve of that 911 really stood out. And it always looked good since dirt and swirls never really were visible. A nice detail and it looked like new, always.

FWIW I live in Florida and with the summer temps in the triple digits I would personally never consider a black car.

ponyprancing likes this.
  11. ponyprancing

ponyprancing Rookie

Jul 24, 2017

Thank you for your input, KC360 FL.

Frankly, until about 6 months ago I thought the exact same thing. For me, white was a colour for ambulances, refrigerators, washing machines, etc. Black was the only colour that I could take seriously.. Meeting some clients? Elegant; Taking wife out for dinner? Classy; Cruising? Bad to the bone ...etc.

However, my eyes have been opened to a different POV. White is pure, looks good both during day and night, doesn't make you look like you're in the mafia (a complex I had stepping out of my black Cayenne and black 996 Turbo [For the record, I am not in the Mafia]).

A white F430 Spider (would be my first Ferrari) would take these complexes away I think. However, I don't know whether white will be taken seriously by myself and others. Don't get me wrong, I do not lose sleep over what others think of me. The looks whilst driving a Ferrari I feel are often either of admiration or greed/hate, different from the Turbo which was sort of in the middle.
    However, I am so used to driving black cars that I don't know whether a pearl white Ferrari would satisfy me in the long term as my black cars have so far. I owned the 996 Turbo for almost 6 years and the Cayenne for 3, so I've acclimatised myself to these shades.

If anyone has transitioned from black to white I would be very interested in reading some opinions.

Thanks again.

12. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    IMO Fuji is the absolute prettiest color I’ve ever seen on a Ferrari in person....and very rare, there will always be a market for it no matter what interior.

ponyprancing likes this.
  13. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    My first F car was a black 430 spider ...liked it but I really wanted white so I wrapped it in satin white
    Then I did it right the second time and got a white 16M
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my 16M

14. ponyprancing

ponyprancing Rookie

Jul 24, 2017
    Your 16M is beautiful!
    Thanks for the input. It's good to see that transition..
    Over the past days I've contemplated both options and I am leaning more towards white.

I've not had the pleasure to see Fuji in person, but from pictures it looks otherworldly ... dropped from the heavens.

Can I ask what you both think about white on white? Same spec as my previous Spider post, just Bianco Fuji instead of Avus.

Best wishes

15. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I love the look of the white interior.....probably a tough nut to keep clean

ponyprancing likes this.
  16. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Almost anything but black, for me. It’s dramatic but doesn’t do the car justice IMO.

17. alvin87

alvin87 Karting

Mar 14, 2013
    Renton, WA
    Full Name:
    Alvin
  18. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    alvin87 and ponyprancing like this.
  19. ponyprancing

ponyprancing Rookie

Jul 24, 2017
    Gentlemen,

I decided on Bianco Fuji.
    Now, I must find the funds and right Fuji F430 Spider. Any more pictures of Fuji and/or white interiors (as formerly discussed) are sincerely welcome.
    P.S. Just got rid of the daily (below). Somewhat bittersweet, but time to move on from black.
    Cheers.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    and that 430 had not only white interior but also white race seats.....jeez....that's one unique spec...

ponyprancing likes this.
  21. ponyprancing

ponyprancing Rookie

Jul 24, 2017
    I wonder if it's a factory or custom spec ...

22. Eric in Chicago

Eric in Chicago Karting

Jul 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric
  23. ponyprancing

ponyprancing Rookie

Jul 24, 2017
  24. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    If you would have bought when the thread was started, how much would have been saved? On my Ford GT that I bought around the same time would sell for over $100k more than I paid.

f355spider and ponyprancing like this.