how come no one has posted about jackass Ben Chen yet? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

how come no one has posted about jackass Ben Chen yet?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by ttforcefed, Apr 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Given he was driving drunk, alcohol has no race or ethnicity.

2. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    enough cars to where the police re now putting him in prison

3. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    look at him get wobbly when getting out of the car and walking to the curb where the cop told him to stand (then he tries to go back to the car)

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Mmmh - wonder if his family had c19 when he crashed all the other cars!

6. Natkingcolebasket69

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MK1044

MK1044 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    NYC cops often approach people in a too easy going manner. I have seen some with their hands in their pockets talking to apparent suspects.

At first they might not have realized his hit-and-run from the minivan a few blocks away. Had they known that I think they would have cuffed him immediately. Particularly, the first cop approaching the car was a New York State trooper -- not NYPD. (The grey uniform and cowboy hat guy). I would expect cuffs first / questions later from him.

8. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Looks like a healthy dose of "social distancing" going on - it is NYC after all

Jedi

9. MK1044

MK1044 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    The other thing is the NYPD knows that Mayor DiBlasio doesn't have their back, but rather is more likely to stab them in the back.

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    If I was related to him, I'd probably prefer to be dead, too. This guy shouldn't be allowed to drive on public roads. I'm surprised he hasn't killed anyone yet (that we know of).

JRE likes this.
  12. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Amazing how the story keeps changing. Apparently, it was originally claimed someone stole the car til' these videos surfaced. Then someone said his father just passed and he's dealing with it. Now his mother & brother die from the virus.

Sorry, I think the guy is just a major tool who lets his pocket book get him out of trouble. Hopefully this situation gets him out from behind the wheel for a while.

4rextc, cgt000 and AtSomePoint like this.
  13. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    It was the luuuudes.

14. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave

:D:D:D:D:D:D .... breathes .... :D:D:D:D:D:D

Jedi

15. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
  16. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Sounds like they're working up an insanity defense. This will be a tough rap to beat with all the video. Amazing no one got hurt.

4rextc likes this.
  17. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Charged with driving under the influence of drugs, and reckless driving. He could get his license suspended, and 1 year in jail. Past crashes will likely come up during sentencing.

JMO, this is not someone advancing the performance car hobby.

joe sackey likes this.
  18. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    His mother is alive and he’s an only child, from a good source.

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Rob had a really good video about this yesterday, very fair perspective as Rob knowns him personally and that entire scene. IMHO me and my friends in the Ferrari circle have had a hard time adapting to and accepting this new generation of young money Lambos and McLarens Gold Rush style blow and show.

D11, JRE and Thecadster like this.
  20. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Typical undisciplined failure who has never been told "no" in his life. Have seen him at various events, nothing more than a child with an ego and singular objective of instant gratification.

houtie123, D11, anunakki and 6 others like this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

Yep- reminds me of Fred Courtot aka petfred, if his dad wasn’t worth 600 millions he wouldn’t have any cars right now, never worked a day in his life, just put wraps and videos of him speeding on IG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I was son of a minister and public school principal. I don't have any problems with people born into money though. Take it if you can get it. I even have a little empathy for those having to overcome the challenge of not working for things as hard or meeting family expectations etc. At the point you don't get your **** together, throw the opportunity away to do good, and endanger others then you can **** off. Ben needs to **** off.

sfcorsa1, Sickpuppy, sisiay and 4 others like this.
  23. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    In many respects I tend to think some disadvantage is actually a long-term disadvantage. I had to go get my own because I had to go get my own. I sometimes worry about my kids. Try as I might to artificially instill hardship and disadvantage into their lives, the simple fact is, their upbringing is much different than mine was and that will undoubtedly inform the rest of their lives. Fortunately, they are good kids, respectful, humble, diligent, smart (but not too smart), and appreciative. That said, they have had it MUCH easier than my wife and I had it growing up.

plastique999 and ryalex like this.
  24. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

That is why there is an assigned risk pool in every state in the nation. No company willing to pick you up, you get tossed in the pool and charged out the ass for insurance, but you get it.

D

anunakki likes this.