Power warranty F12 question | FerrariChat

Power warranty F12 question

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by ait_z28, Apr 6, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ait_z28

ait_z28 Rookie

Jul 17, 2017
    Out of warranty F12 goes to the dealer, Ferrari Power Warranty is requested, car comes back with an invoice with the following items:

- Ferrari Pwer Normal 8 cylinders Extended Warranty Program
    Cost: 5000$
    - FM-Checkup Extended Warranty Check up
    Cost: 1000$

Should the 8 cyl line item be of concern? could this dealer dispute future fixes based on this line item?

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I think you'd better get this corrected - at the same time you could challenge the check-up bill, if for $1000 they cannot correctly count the number of cylinders it seems overpriced :D

3. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    definitely a clerical error. there is 1000 price difference between V8 and V12 coverage. be nice and point that out to them maybe they'll give you a discount. otherwise you'll have to pay for it later if/when you make a warranty claim.

you could play stupid and if/when that time comes play hardball and say it was their mistake and they have to eat the 1000 cost. it would probably work since you have the work order showing the inspection. i don't see Ferrari NA denying coverage because of it. but then your relationship with the dealer has changed and for 1000 i don't think it's worth it. Ferrari just approved rear vent corrosion fix for me out of warranty, a 16k repair, because i have a good relationship with them. just an example.

4. speedbird1000

speedbird1000 Rookie

Jun 29, 2008
    Europe
    What? Usd 16k... repair ? What they doing respraying the whole car?

5. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I would check on my.ferrari.com, assuming you've registered the car there, and see if the new warranty shows up with the new expiration date, then I wouldn't worry about it. Service is not going to go back and check the invoice. If it becomes an issue, then I would pay the difference.

I can see my active warranty on there right now.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    Yes their factory fix for it is respray both quarter panels and roof and under the rear arch where the mesh attaches to panel.

7. ait_z28

ait_z28 Rookie

Jul 17, 2017
    Thank you all for your valuable input.

That it was, thanks for the clarification. I took a "nice" approach to this and they took full responsibility for this error.

Tried registering but it didn't allow me as this particular car is still not registered under my name.