How to loose trust | FerrariChat

How to loose trust

Discussion in '308/328' started by Sigmacars, Apr 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    A member in this forum offered a PC of leather he had left over from his car and I was in need for a small pc.
    So I offered him an exchange for a new uncut folding ignition Key for his car he got the Key a week later but I got no leather.so I contacted him and he told me it must be lost in the mail and he would send a new pc.but sadly nothing ever came.and now no more answers to my pm,s.it is not the key I am mad about I got lots of them it is the trust I lost in this man,I can expect this on E bay but not in this Forum where we help each other out the best we can,this very sad and I thought it would never happen here.

2. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    that's never good.
    you should invite him to your thread tell his side of the story, and might put pressure to fulfill the agreement.
    Things happen sometimes out of our control.

3. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Postal service isn't exactly fast these days; why are you certain the leather is not in the delivery chain?

4. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    This was 6 weeks ago,and no reply to my 4 pm,s let's me believe I was taken.

5. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Ah.

6. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What is the leather going to be use for, what color, and how big of a piece do you need? I ask because I have some bits and pieces of leather left when I did my interior a few years ago.

7. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Too bad. I have a few persons on fchat I will not buy from or deal with either but the overwhelming majority of us are honest. I too have a piece of black leather you can have if it serves your need. How big?

8. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I have had very good luck with our members. Sorry to hear of your experience. Do you want to name them so we can all watch out for them. It may prompt him/her to follow thru.

9. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #9 308 milano, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Yes, this is really too bad. Have dealt with members here from all over the country (and Canada) and never once a bad experience. Hell, I even disagreed on a political thread with one our own (Hannibal 308). Somehow mentioned my desire to fly left seat in a Lear 35 and his response was to extend an invitation for me to take a ride in his vintage fighter aircraft. How absolutely cool is that? Incredible how we come together to support one another when tragedy strikes. Don’t let this small incident take away from this amazing group of individuals.

10. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    besides leather piece, I believe Mike has everything else. You just have to ask! :D

miketuason likes this.
  11. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    If you've really been taken advantage of, it's incredibly disappointing to hear. I've had so many great transactions with other members here that I can't even remember them all.

308 milano likes this.
  12. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    i would but i think i would have a problem with the forum board and I don,t need that,i had many buy,s,selling,s,and trade,s here and no problem at all,this is why it was a big surprise to me it happen,

13. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    Hi mike and thank you for offering,but i found some it was a small pc of Tan.

miketuason likes this.
  14. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ok good but if you need some let me know as I have some.

Cirorsi likes this.
  15. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    Yes it was. Albert_K after 5 PMs no respons so watch out.

16. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Very sorry for your bad experience... but we all should keep one thing in mind... The 308 world is a very small, most of us know who is who and dishonest people don't get to far

308 milano likes this.
  17. i-velocita

i-velocita F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 9, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    James
    Thankfully these episodes are rare. I have bought and sold items w many on f-chat. I purchased a tool roll from a regular poster in the 308/Mondial sections. The photo had a Ferrari emblem placed in the center of the roll. I didn’t think much of it. When the roll arrived it had a significant burn mark (hidden in the photo by the emblem). It happens. On one occasion, I had an f-chatter contact me after I accidentally sent him more items than promised. Most folks are good. :)

18. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Excuse my ignorance but what is a PC of leather?
    PC ??

19. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    "Piece"

Rosey likes this.