458 - Joined the club ... Divorce has its privileges | Page 3 | FerrariChat

458 Joined the club ... Divorce has its privileges

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by eurocg, Mar 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    I don't have headers or link pipes. Just a full EVO cat back system. Much lighter and sounds so good, starting from idle and builds up in a linear fashion.

The Performante sounds amazing. If it weren't for the seating height which doesn't work for me, I would have gotten one.

2. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Speaking of divorce, what would you do differently when searching for love again? Any advice would be appreciated!

Congrats on the car, you'll love it and enjoy in good health!

3. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    That exterior color is great! congrats

sport exhaust is nothing, its just different tips, nothing diff about the exhaust.

4. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Take a look at threads #37 to #42. He was apparently talking about a dealer add on accessory, not a factory option.

5. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    My advice is don't intentionally search for it. Let it come to you the second time around.

6. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

Love the colour combination almost the same as mine.

I have Avus Bianco, Nero/Rosso carpets.

7. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    As already stated. Don’t go looking.

I spent a decent amount of time dating. I took 2020 completely off from work. Just took some Consulting gigs.

That being said, my situation started in 2017 and we just finalized it in court last month.

As I think with most of us here. We work for our families. Everything I did. I did for her. The houses. Her monthly spending habits. Etc. she didn’t work and I covered everything. (No kids)

Now. As I am sure others have experienced. I worked so much that she looked elsewhere for comfort, thus pushing me away and ultimately destroying our relationship.

The argument was around assets and alimony. I was being pressured to payout in total 1.2 million. Let me state this now. I don’t have that kind of cash. This led to a 3 year battle. I paid her 650k. She said not enough right up until the court date. Judge found in my favor and she is having to give me 300k back.

Greed never pays off.

Why is this relevant. I met a Doctor earlier this year. 33. Ambitious. Pretty. Raised “old school”. Been dating her exclusively since May and enjoying the equality. (I’m 41)

She gets what a hard day looks like. She gets it when I just need to be left alone and vice versa. I get she just needs to relax after a full day of surgery. She doesn’t want to deal with BS. We talk the same language.

Wasn’t looking. Just kind of bumped into her.

Finally. The most important part.

She loves the Ferrari and my X hated them. Hence why I didn’t have one until after she was out of the picture.

Long way of saying. Be yourself completely and look for a true partner. Don’t settle.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Glad you found happiness. Nothing worse than a toxic relationship.

GT2goneF, Jo Sta7 and Alcav5 like this.
  9. VelocityTexas

VelocityTexas Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2019
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    I like it. Have fun (like I need to tell you).

10. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C

Amen to that. You can’t see it when you are in it. But dam is it ever clear when you step outside and look back.

Alcav5 likes this.
  11. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    She is getting a list of items addresses right now, but I have def. enjoyed her thus far. Bought with 8k miles in February.

Went to the shop with 14,500 miles on her. I almost doubled the mileage in 9 months of ownership.

Awesome machine. I smile every time I fire it up.

F12london, Rexcat458 and greg328 like this.
  12. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    This the new GF or the car ?;)

13. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C

14. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Eloquent words spoken from the heart... I’m so glad that you have found happiness with each other. It’s one of the most important things in life. Best wishes to you both for much success and happiness in the future!

I’m so blessed to have found my partner very early in my life... My wife and I were high school sweethearts. We’ve been together for 42 years (married for 37 years) and we still have a wonderful relationship.

Cheers!

15. superfluous

superfluous Karting

Oct 4, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Gabe
    Amazing exterior color. I wish mine were that color. I also like the red interior.

16. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    That is awesome. I thought I had the same. Would be a lie to say I didn’t still love her. But, sometimes you need to walk away. It was my last option. I waited years to try and repair.

Now just trying to look at the bright side and move forward. I don’t want to give the impression I am down on marriage. I think it is an institution that is highly important and needed in our society. The nuclear family is foundational.

Bianco Fuji.

I was all over it the first day I saw it. Absolutely love how classy and elegant it looks.

GT2goneF likes this.
  17. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Love the spec on your car, it’s stunning! Best wishes to you and yours!

Cheers!

GT2goneF likes this.
  18. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    #68 boobernackle, Dec 13, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    Thank you so much for your heartfelt guidance and experience, truly appreciated!

I feel that both people in a relationship start off as good beings, until the incompatibilities start to become unraveled, which were likely ignored early on. I live in one of the most educated cities in the USA, and education level is usually one of the first questions that frequently come up, just after "what do you do for a living" amongst those around me. On the education front, I certainly can't complete, I have no reservations on the occupation front.

At the end of the day, I'm not getting any younger... just absolutely terrified of making a mistake and falling into the glass half empty divorce trap that hovers around 50%. Losing 50% of my assets isn't what worries me whatsoever, would gladly get married to the right person without a prenup, which my CPA keeps cautioning me about, just don't know what I would do emotionally if hit with a divorce, especially if it will ever include kids.

Wish you the absolute best throughout your current relationship and thanks for sharing your insight. Still believe that marriage is a wonderful thing, but only with the right person.

GT2goneF likes this.
  19. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    I will add.

Only a High School education here. CIO/CTO is my profession. Formal education, IMO, shows early in life your ability to succeed and learn.

If you have done this via other means. The net result
    is the same.

Wouldn’t let that be of concern.

Education versus Knowledge/Wisdom. I would, and believe most would, take the latter.

As for asset protection. Don’t look at it as a 50/50 split. It doesn’t work that way.

You will have to split your assets 50/50. That is a baseline in assets. Then you have spousal support / alimony / child support.

These are on top of the 50/50 asset split.

I was unaware of these little facts until I was knee deep in it.

I would highly recommend to anyone, especially those of us fortunate enough to discuss such matters on a Ferrari forum, to have a Pre-nuptial in place.

Agree to the terms when everyone is happy. If I had one I would have had a clause for cheating. It is basic. She would have got nothing.

Also. You pay for her during the divorce based on what the judge rules. So I had 3 years of paying while we argued.

She still walked away with over 600k of actual money due to the whole process and time even with what the judge ordered her to return.

In closing. Don’t look at it as a way of protecting your assets. Look at it as a way to protect your mental health. You know what is at stake. It is executed. Everyone goes to their corner. Not a long and dragged out battle
    On what should be open and shut case. Mine had zero conflicts from children etc and still took 3 years due to her game playing.

boobernackle, RoadRonin and Jo Sta7 like this.
  20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Pre nup all the way. I’m single, and while I have a fiancé marriage isn’t on the near term horizon, but I still need to get this addressed. I’ve been contemplating the whole happiness thing. Is this really what I want or I am just following someone else’s (or even societies) time line? I’m not sure. I won’t be married until I am.