Coronavirus | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Ferraridoc, Mar 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    ****!

It's been nice knowing you!

2. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    No, he's a carpenter !!!

FFS, valued trade and all that :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Must know what he's talking about, just like Greta on climate change

So if you right wing nut jobs want to attack the kid this nut job is no better

All I know is that with the QLD border closed they now say I can't go to Sydney to get the rest of my stuff ...... but at least I'm here with Wes so I feel happy :)

knocker, Maranello550 and Its328 like this.
  3. Its328

Its328 F1 Rookie

May 31, 2017
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Kim
    I'm not going to read an article by someone with no credentials in the given field. Why waste my time!!
    Would seem I'm not the only one here thinking he's unqualified.

4. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    So you're here now? Didn't close the border fast enough...

5. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    He's a ****ing carpenter FFS with no credentials

Its328 likes this.
  6. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    My girl wants a Merc soft top, got any in stock :)

7. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Where is the love ???

8. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Nicole and I are still working here, yes. :)

This money train (called the mining industry) is not going to stop............................who do you think is paying for the billions of dollars the government is handing out to everyone like it's Monopoly money. :p

I'll keep working 6 days a week, those who have required a government handout can thank me later. :p

In all seriousness but, we are still working and we haven't heard otherwise at the moment. They are putting things in place at work to minimize contact like staggered start times, staggered lunch times, less people taking the cage underground etc.

And if they decide to close the doors until further notice, Nicole and I are very fortunate to have enough annual leave available to take 2 years off full pay, so it's all good.

But I do feel for a lot of friends who will definitely struggle after hearing about how many friends have lost their jobs at pubs/clubs over the last few days. :(

kerrari likes this.
  9. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Good for you Jimmy :)

Take the 2 years off and come and live in the real world for a while ...... bring the car and we can go for drives

I would suspect Mt Isa would be very safe from this virus anyway due to the isolated community .... just be wary of blow ins mate :)

10. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    In the air... with the droplets of virus

11. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    +1

My Mum and Dad will be finished if this virus takes hold here and they get it. :(

Dad is old and Mum has some complex medical conditions. They both struggle daily with their breathing, this is not good news for them at the moment.

Just talked to my Mum this morning and she told me my Dad went to his regular GP visit yesterday morning and ended up coughing all last night. :eek:

The Brother and I have put our parents in "lockdown" for as long as it takes. With the exception of their GP visits fortnightly, they do not leave their house and we do their shopping for them now also.

kerrari likes this.
  12. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #137 PAP 348, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Cheers mate, unfortunately I can't take 2 years off life to enjoy myself at the moment lol.

Kids, work, parents consume 100% of time. Still haven't driven the Ferrari since I replaced the failed alternator idler bearing September last year.

And you are 100% spot on JM! We are very isolated out here and IF we do get any cases of this virus out here it will be because of the FIFO mining which they are still allowing.

That's all we need, one person on a plane from a capital city to bring this virus here which will definitely wipe out some locals.

13. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The gist of his article is that nearly everyone dying of CV19 in Italy was already sick with something else

"And it’s also why the death rate in Italy is so high—these people were already very ill. I can see why the Italians are distinguishing between dying FROM the virus and dying WITH the virus."

He also says:

"First, it lets us know what we need to do to prevent the Italian outcome. We have to, must, keep the virus out the medical system. "
    • We need to seriously quarantine the sufferers away from other sick people.
    • We need to set up testing facilities at all medical centers and test the medical personnel daily.
    • In areas with a number of COVID-19 infections, we need to set up separate field hospitals. There are a number of commercial versions of these that are expandable by adding modules, and are pathogen-tight, with airlocks at the doors, HEPA exhaust filters and negative air pressure maintained throughout. We know how to do this stuff, we’ve just got to do it.
    • We need to test in-hospital patients at the time of their arrival and continue to test them at intervals during their stay.
    • We’ll have to be very careful with visitors to patients in the hospitals
    And then does a 180 degree flip with;

"So let’s end this crazy American lockdown, there’s a whole raft of work to be done shoring up our medical sector to withstand the coming wave, and it can’t be done at home with our heads in the sand, hundreds of thousands of people not working, jobs disappearing daily, and our economy in a shambles …"

For people saying that this is no worse than the flu season, and no one bats ( pardon the pun ) an eyelid about Flu deaths, or that people were already sick and going to die anyway, just ask yourself, why are the hospitals in Italy, Spain etc suddenly overloaded with people dying at a much greater rate than they were just 6 weeks ago ?.
    And if CV19 wasn't serious, why did the Chinese, who more than anything let nothing get in the way of making money, decide to quarantine large parts of the country and finally even take steps to ban eating cats and dogs ( https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/1872339/chinese-city-of-shenzhen-to-ban-eating-cats-and-dogs).
    Bats are still on the menu though.

au-yt likes this.
  14. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    25yo otherwise healthy male in USA is in an induced coma and on a ventilator because he contracted the virus...plus two kids under 10 have tested positive with it for the first time.

15. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    During a trip around China in late 17, the guide made a comment that the Cantonese in Hong Kong eat any thing where as the Han don’t, the Han eating bats proved him wrong. I did go to an open food market in Lechang, wow what an eye opener, surprising that it didn’t smell to bad probably because it had fires on the outside to keep flies away. Didn’t see any bats but did see frogs and we thought only the French ate them...

16. Ferraridoc

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    We've all got problems...

17. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Thank ****, Uber eats are delivering bat soup to me shortly

18. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Yeah just ordered a bat kebab from my lebbo mate down the road....:)

19. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    I'm not sure where the 180 degree flip is. Ending the lockdown of healthy people is not the inverse of quarantining the sick.

The lockdown is intended to slow hospital admissions, but I question if the serious harm being done to hundreds of thousands of mainly low income people is justified, when the examples of overrun health systems are almost always Italy and Spain (as you've used).

Anyone with experience of the Italian health system knows it was dysfunctional before this virus started.

20. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    "Right, I'm ready to leave, I've got nothing, let's go!"

21. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Give me a call. :)

22. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Italy’s health system is worse than 3rd world Africa’s health system....Plus the fact that 90% of people in Europe are heavy smokers which causes their own underlying issues..

23. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    NFW. Africa doesn’t have a health system.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

24. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Neither does Italy...

Texas Forever likes this.
  25. DMWC

DMWC Formula 3