Italy and Coronavirus | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Italy and Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Albert-LP, Feb 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Here in Emilia Romagna today we had the biggest increase ever. We are aside Lombardia (whose border is 3 km - 2 miles - from where I am...) and we will be the next plagued region. Hope the quarantine works.

Confirmed by my neighbor, a doctor, who sees what's going on from the inside

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I see some hope in Italy : for the 3rd consecutive day the number of deaths is slowing down. I think I have passed the peak. France is about to hit it for 2 weeks. I see hope now.
    Stay strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Angelo Borrelli, Italian Emergency Organization president, told Yesterday that infected could be ten times more than the official figure. As in all the other Nations, I would add.

Virus reached my village: it starts spreading here around me, yesterday we had four new official infected here (all my village is more or less 8k inhabitants, among them there is my father, that today turns 88)

This is what he attached outside his home.

ciao

JL350, 375+, lbird and 3 others like this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Stay home and safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Buon Copleanno a tuo Papa, Alberto. Usa la mascherina piu lungo possibile per oggi!

6. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I haven't one, sorry. but It's not necessary to procect you: it's necessary only to protect others from you. Virus can goes into your eyes if you wear the mask and will skip the mask by passing through it or by the slot between face and mask: its' very small and wearing a cloth mask is like trying to stop mosquitos with a metal gate full of 1" holes. Mask reduces the distance you spit the droplets, but cannot stop them.

To be safe you would need a full mask with carbon adsorbers filter.

I won't visit my father , as it's prohibited and dangerous

ciao

375+, lbird and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  7. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Well I hope you have everything you need at home and stay away from people.

8. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I'm at work, as I work alone and my job is among the ones that still can go on. I don't work too much, as the stress is very big and I use socials (like Fchat…) to cool it down a bit, but better than nothing. Office is half a mile from home and I move with a bicycle. I don't meet anyone since two weeks except my wife who I live with.

But she has to go out in the shop for food and so on: that's the weak ring of the chain.

ciao

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  9. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Im glad work is close. Yes I was the weak link today, I needed Prosciutto di Parma and Veroni Mortadella.

Albert-LP likes this.
  10. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    You can't survive without them! :D

ciao

JL350 and absostone like this.
  11. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    E forte` tuo Babbo!!!
    they are a tough generation, things are starting to ramp up here in NY as well. going to be a rough ride for many

12. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Good luck you all, and hope we can meet at the Factory in the future

Ciao

Dai Baracca and 375+ like this.
  13. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Prayers prayers prayers to you and your family and Italy!!
    Are the total case numbers still coming down in Italy?

Sent from my 16M

absostone likes this.
  14. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Seems indeed that "End of April" will be the new provisional date for "end of confinement" in France.
    Should be official today, but the scuttlebutt is that "end of April" it will indeed be.
    Well, for the time being, that is...

Rgds

Albert-LP and absostone like this.
  15. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #265 freshmeat, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    Trump wants to re-open murika by Easter (Apr 12).

As of this post, data coming out of New York, the hardest hit state in murika and also the state with the most testing done, shows that the mortality rate of the virus is now on par with the common flu, just as I projected in the F1 coronavirus thread.

With 271 deaths and 26,376 confirmed infected that brings the mortality rate to 0.1%, identical to the common flu.

What’s happening in Italy is tragic, sad, and the human cost immeasurable. The most recent data I could find from Italy is saying the high mortality rate there is due to the high proportion of the population having multiple underlying illnesses in combination with the seeding of the virus being far longer and earlier than initially indicated. Pretty much 75% of Italian people who died from covid-19 (regardless of age) had 2 or more underlying illnesses...

Attached Files:

16. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani

Italian Emergency Task Force Unit president mr. Angelo Borrelli today has high temperature and the usually daily Emergency task Force 6.00 PM video conference today is cancelled.

Several doctors here died, several people who died were below 50 years old and several below 40 too.

Here mortality rate is more or less 10%. No common flu ever saturated Italian hospitals intensive care units in such a dramatic way, never, and never happened so many doctors and paramedics died due to infection of "common flu" got by their patients. This thing is VERY Dangerous, expecially if you are 60+.

ciao

375+ and absostone like this.
  17. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    as for the percentage of fatalities, here we add everyone who died WITH the virus to the Covid casualties list. It looks that in Germany (e.g.) if anyone suffered also of another illness, they don't put him in the casualties list due to Covid.

This virus doesn't allow you to breath, it's like drowning in the water, so you need a machine that can keep you alive until you restart breathing. If you will restart...

Never heard of a "common flu" with that so common breathing problems

ciao

18. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Yes the severe pneumonia is the most difficult and scariest part of it. I cant wait for this to be over , as you Al

freshmeat and Albert-LP like this.
  19. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Interestingly one third of the Valencia team became infected after this game, which then affected the entire Valencia region. Valencia now is a bad area though not as bad as Madrid.

20. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Brutal

21. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Your ON! Sicuro! mangeremo del cotachino con lenticchie!

Albert-LP and absostone like this.
  22. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

We've been in touch with family in Turin. They are doing ok, but very stressful for them. Isolated in their home and only out for food, which they say is plentiful and available.

Albert-LP, Dai Baracca and absostone like this.
  23. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    I get the same reports from Parma & Genova, food is not an issue. You need to designate 1 household member as the person who goes to get it.
    fortunately my Zia, we have a neighbor that shops for her and leaves it outside her door God Bless that lady!
    I'm hoping for more encouraging numbers as far as new infection and those who have passed in Italy. Spain is getting slammed now as are we in NY

Albert-LP, NbyNW and absostone like this.
  24. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    So many nations have different requirements of medical practice. Do doctors in italy treat patients routinely with surgical masks? Did doctors in italy know about N95 masks before covid19?

25. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Im sure a Dr . would know what mask is what. N95 is standard for many things. There are higher Filtering n99 masks also.