Italy and Coronavirus | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Italy and Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Albert-LP, Feb 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
  2. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    They knew about the virus, that was a big mistake they did. That game had better to be played without spectators.

3. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Wow yes now I understand, big mistake wow.. Hang in there my friend hang in there. Was hoping to meeting you again in the near future in not so rushed conditions like last time, and with a family that wasn't still jet lag very bad. LOL

Albert-LP likes this.
  4. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Keep gloves in the car(s), only go out for something absolutely necessary. Gas'd up all the cars in the fleet.
    There are 5 in my house so, we try to keep space, but its tough, oh yeah and the dog!

everything is about getting ahead of this if possible, and when you are slow to react you really put yourself against it. South Korea & Taiwan really used tech to their advantage if would seem.

absostone likes this.
  5. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Today I went to get a furnace filter, AA batteries , and some reading glasses. I wore a mask. I was the only one. People looked at me strange. I should of started coughing maybe they would of thanked me.

Dai Baracca and Albert-LP like this.
  6. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Lombardia and Piemonte yesterday prohibited everything and who trespasses will be arrested, Both regions asked for Army patrols to force quarantine respect. I was wrong: on February 19th there weren't many infected (almost none) and that's the reason why Atalanta-Valencia football game was played with 80k spectators.

It looks incredible but it happened only 30 days ago...

Ciao
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

The army is the best solution i think... the good news is from all the statistical model that I looked at this ends within a few months the bad mews is of course the number of casualties if nothing is done. Truly hope this get underway control soon as this is very worrying.
    Stay strong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

absostone likes this.
  8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Actually much worse in Spain, at least right now, for reasons that will need to be explained afterwards. It's really exploding there, with 25496 confirmed cases now, and 1381 deaths, vs 14459 and 562 in France...

Not that I take any kind of comfort in that as a frenchman, believe me. I look at what is happening in Italy now...and I've heard the hospitals here at home in the east of France saying this morning that they are already saturated. Respect the quarantine.

The old family house, where I am quarantined now, is taking care of me. It was built in 1772, has been through three invasions, and two germans annexions; the family was there during the spanish flu in 1919. It was for one night headquarter to Marshall Joffre in 1918 (at least that's what I've been told...legends, you know...). It also was requisitionned to host a Wehrmacht "Oberst" in 1944, then a company from Texas liberating the country a few months later (I've still got names and adresses...).

The house is telling me "stay put here, boy; it's not the first time, I'll be taking care of you, like I did for may others many times before".

Meanwhile, my thoughts are with Italy; I do hope that confinement will have some effects very soon...

Alberto, we will have that lunch very soon...

Rgds

albkid, lbird, Albert-LP and 3 others like this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

I just read that the average Italian passing away is 78... again I know the virus is changing and some people with no conditions and a younger age passed away so this is by far no joke... but the initial observation which said that most patients dying are on the older side still seem accurate.

As far as Spain in my opinion it’s because they reacted even later than others and culturaly Spaniards like being together and party etc even more than French... not sure how their healthcare system is too. I’ll tell u what even though I spend my time between SF and Miami I have never seen a worse system than the us (in a developed country). Most doctors here are bad, it’s run like a business, it’s all about money, there is no GP like in France who will take hours to examine u etc... don’t get me wrong the US have some world leading docs and hospitals for sure but the average it just sucks and if u don’t have health insurance u are screwed...

I would much much much rather be getting this stuff in my hometown of Lyon than here!

10. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Prohibit everything? No food shopping? No going for a walk? Explain if you feel too.

11. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Food shops, pharmacy and so on will stay open, of course. No more walks except 200 m from your home. Closed everything not necessary to survive or not strategic.

Ciao

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  12. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I understand. Keep your spirits up. I’ve been home since 3/13 with my son. And I’m running out of things to do as well. We go for a walk but it’s still cool temperatures in Illinois. My wife has been going to work. This is getting very tiring to me as well.

13. Natkingcolebasket69

I think got prepare for the long run. At least till end of April like this

14. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    From the Facebook page of a Bergamo citizen, the most virus plagued city in Italy. It's in Italian, sorry. It's six days old: and please remember that today things are much worse than six days ago...

--------------

É un dato di fatto. Chi non abita a Bergamo ha una percezione completamente distorta del problema.
    Il numero di contagiati che abbiamo non è nemmeno lontanamente paragonabile a quello di altre zone; siamo ormai al 15% su base nazionale.
    Per capirci, a Bergamo ci sono più contagiati di quanti ce ne sono in tutto il Lazio,Friuli,Campania,Puglia,Sicilia,Umbria, Abruzzo, Sardegna, Calabria, val d Aosta, Molise, Basilicata e Trentino messe insieme.

A Bergamo, normalmente, muoiono circa 3/4 persone al giorno.
    L'anno scorso, tra il 9 e il 13 marzo, ne sono morte 18.
    Quest'anno, tra il 9 e il 13 marzo, ne sono invece morte 146. Centoquarantasei.
    Solo nella giornata di ieri ne sono morte 50.
    50 morti in un solo giorno, in una città in cui di solito ne muoiono 3.
    Il quotidiano locale ha 11 pagine di necrologi.

A differenza di tutto il resto d'Italia, qui nessuno ha voglia di cantare dai balconi, di fare polemiche inutili, di alzare il ditino, di fare fotografie divertenti, battute sagaci o superspiritose.
    Qui si pensa alle persone che conosci che sono ricoverate, che stanno male e che non puoi andare a trovare.
    Si cerca di stare vicino (per modo di dire) ai loro familiari. Si cerca di confortare e aiutare chi ha perso un genitore, un fratello, un amico ed è costretto a vivere il dolore in solitudine, senza nemmeno poter celebrare il funerale.

Non ho assolutamente nulla contro chi ammazza il tempo cantando dai balconi, giocando e divertendosi. Significa che, per fortuna, non vivono la vera realtà del problema; ed è giusto che si comportino così.

Però non invitateci a cantare dai balconi, a ridere, scherzare e fare insieme a voi cose superdivertenti e supersimpatiche.

Perché qui non c'è proprio un cazzo da ridere!

--------

Ciao

15. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    That is a staggering reality.

The person is clearly angry and upset, but at the time of singing in the balconies I believe people really needed a moment to feel normal for a moment.

Albert-LP likes this.
  16. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    The more live Italy cams I watch the sadder I become. Piazzas are supposed to have people walking about. Not empty as if a Nuclear war took place. It looks un natural not to have people around.

17. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    I just got off the phone with my Zie (1) Paris (1)Parma, and they are doing okay, my Zia in Paris reminded me that she lived through the depression & WWII, she will survive this...LOL, I love that women's spunk!
    My Zia in Parma told me that the military was being called upon to patrol streets and keep order, enforce the curfew.
    @Albert-LP stay well!, watch video of Ferrari glory days on You Tube!

absostone and Albert-LP like this.
  18. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Look at the videos of Italian's singing from the balconies then! abbi fede!

Albert-LP and absostone like this.
  19. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #244 Albert-LP, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    Today we have a bit less new infected and fatalities than yesterday, more recovered than yesterday. But the virus is spreading towards my area. I posted a picture with the thumb up two days ago, but I confess that I did several attempts before I had a decent happy like smile. We don't have much smiling attitude at present: Bergamo and Brescia are a battlefield

Ciao
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    We are with you in spirit. Stay on the vitamins and zinc. And maybe wear a mask around the house. Hope it helps

Albert-LP likes this.
  21. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Hoping this is the start of the long waited turning point

22. Dai Baracca

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    I know this may be of no consolation, but Italy is in the forefront on how to combat this from the medical perspective, your Dottori are well respected here and we take all your data and use it to formulate a battle plan. We in NY are on the cusp of the big upturn as we are able to test so many people now. We have tested more people than any other state and we know that that means the numbers will go up!

23. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Buona Note

Albert-LP likes this.
  24. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
  25. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Its better news at least. Ho do you know it is moving closer to your area? Have you heard from other sources? Also unfortunately I would like to think that a small amount of the numbers are from natural death of the elderly or non infected sick, I would think