Italy and Coronavirus | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Italy and Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Albert-LP, Feb 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Alberto, I Wanted to say Happy St Josephs day and Happy Italian fathers day .

Sig. Roma and Albert-LP like this.
  2. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Who knows if I'm still ok, here everything looks to be very unrealistic and doubtful. Thank you Mike.

Ferrari is evaluating to start producing parts for intensive medical care fans, that are running out.

That's is unbelievable and gives an idea about what's going on here.

Yesterday a column of military truck evacuated the excess of coffins in Bergamo church cemetery

Ciao

absostone likes this.
  3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #203 Albert-LP, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    6+k new infected and 400+ new fatalities here in Italy, only Yesterday.

God save Italians, and Ferrari too

The present is a nightmare, but we had some good days, in the past.

ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Dai Baracca, absostone and calder1 like this.
  4. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    We have woke to a new world the past 10 days, nothing is making sense . May it pass

5. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #205 Albert-LP, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    today we had two new records: 627 fatalities, almost 6000 new infected.

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2020/03/18/foto/bergamo_non_c_e_piu_posto_70_mezzi_militari_portano_le_salme_fuori_dalla_regione-251650969/1/#1

Ore 14:20 - Ferrari

L'azienda di Maranello, insieme ad FCA e Marelli, andrà a dare sostegno alla Siare, l'azienda bolognese specializzata nella produzione di respiratori per le terapie intensive. L'obiettivo è quello di raddoppiare la produzione settimanale, passando da 150 a 300 pezzi. La Siare ha già siglato un accordo con la Protezione Civile, ma necessita di supporto nella produzione delle parti elettroniche per poter incrementare il numero di respiratori prodotti a settimana.

The Maranello-based company, together with FCA and Marelli, will go to support Siare, the Bologna company specialized in the production of respirators for intensive care. The goal is to double the weekly production, going from 150 to 300 pieces. Siare has already signed an agreement with the Civil Protection, but needs support in the production of electronic parts in order to increase the number of respirators produced per week.

6. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    wow, this is incredible and unbelievably sad.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Is there any positive in the horizons ?
    I really hope the US start listening NOW and shelter in. How dumb can we all be ? Italy is the example of what will happen to us.
    For once I command the chinese regime, i mean i dont support it but by forcing people to follow orders they seem to have this almost under control 2 months in...
    France is following italys path, same for UK, Spain and maybe us...
    It takes tine for confinement policies to work and now it is a snowball effect we are still seeing: Infected ppl, full hospital, deaths and other patients passing away from this... Unless we quarantine this is going to continue... We are all going to get it in someways till herd immunity is built.
    My parents are stuck in france as they were supposed to come the us but borders shut dowm.. They are repescting this to the T.
    Stay Strong !

8. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Illinois is about to im sure today

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  9. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Very glad other companies are going to help increase production

10. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Right now you have California, New York, New Jersey, Illinois have ordered all people to work from home except essential personal.
    New York leads the US in cases right now @Almost 8400. People need to obey the order.
    The disgrace that was Spring Break in Florida really leaves you wondering about people's intelligence.
    @Albert-LP ho visto che`l'esercito e`ora nelle strade? per aiutare Carabinieri??

lbird and absostone like this.
  11. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    More than likely the police cant take the dead.

12. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    I saw the SKY NEWS video of the chapel in Bergamo's Hospital with at least a dozen caskets :(:(
    they are cremating people now. Sureal!!

13. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Yes ive been watching skynews on youtube tonight as well. Watching the Doctors in Cremona. I feel sick for the infected people and the confusion they must feel ,only to die alone. We need to really be careful here in the states. We are being allowed to go get necessities but we should wear a mask if shopping , and stay away from others. And have latex gloves to pump gas. This is serious here now. And wait until the spring break kids get back.

Dai Baracca likes this.
  14. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I hope your parents stay absolutely put, this is vital. Quarantine has caught me in the old family house in the east of France. Could have been worse, as the house is big and old, with so many things to clean or attend, and a big garden to clean before spring...(and about a hundred bottles of wine in the cellar...) but to me the locals are not taken confinement seriously enough: yesterday, the Gendarmerie was fining those out in the streets with no particular motive, to make them understand what staying put means.

This Covid-19 is a very nasty thing: the east of France is among the most infected regions now, due to an evangelist mass in Mulhouse (Alsace) three weeks ago, where two little girls unknowingly infected hundred of people.

Don't wait for the authorities to tell you to do it: stay put at home, respect the six feet security distance if you have to talk to somebody, and wash you hands often and thoroughly. And hope for the best.

Rgds

lbird and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

Agreed! The worst part on top of that is that if something were to happen I’m not even sure I could go home. Like u said let’s pray for the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    NbyNW, Red 27, lbird and 9 others like this.
  17. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Ma Se Simpatico!! ( slightly in Sicilian) LOL

Albert-LP likes this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

793 dead today...
    Are there any “good” stats coming on the horizon?

19. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Man I cant image the reality of being there like Alberto is. All anyone can do is wait. And hope

20. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #220 Albert-LP, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    Not at all. 6500 new infected, almost all in Lombardia region (Milan, Bergamo, Brescia and so on). 547 fatalities in that area (!!), a massacre. The quarantine will become more severe soon.

We had almost 1000 recovered, but it's not going well.

The good news is that I'm still here and I feel fine, today... And tomorrow?

Who knows

Ciao

For Mike: here everything is calm. The disaster is at the hospitals and cemetery. Hope to stay away of both.

21. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    More severe? Like what?

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Prayers your way. Only a matter of weeks till this as severe in France, Spain and U.K.
    Hopefully they all learn from Italy but this is likely too late even with a head start!

absostone and Albert-LP like this.
  23. Natkingcolebasket69

I think there is no choice but fully shut down everything but doctors and send the army for 3/4 weeks ...same in France and Spain people just don’t listen !

24. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    They say infected figure could have deflagrated in Milano and Bergamo due to the big international football game played in Milan Stadium between Bergamo football team Atalanta and the Spanish football team Valencia, Champion league. It happened February 19th, with 80 k spectators, many from Spain and most from Bergamo

Ciao

25. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Yes that sounds like it could be a reason . 80k people in one location unaware . But was the news about the virus out already. im not clear on the dates