Coronavirus live update | Page 22 | FerrariChat

Coronavirus live update

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I have 3 houses and a case at each. :D There was a rumour on Friday that we would be having a dock strike. People wiped out the stores of all their TP, paper towels, water, canned goods...

2. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    More like herd mortality. So, they're isolating the ones likely to die from the plan.
    The NHS is in shambles.

3. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Meanwhile France is holding local elections this weekend, herding people together, and the yellow vest protests continue unabated.
    Rock on.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200314-french-yellow-vests-defy-coronavirus-measures-to-demonstrate-in-paris-on-eve-of-elections

4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Think of it as an investment.;)

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  5. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    man, this is not good.... I hear markets don't have supplies, certain foods on the shelves.... everyone is in panic mode...…

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    why wld anyone assume the food supply is going to stop? this isn't a hurricane or earthquake.

i know they say the average american only reads at 5th grade level but its outright embarrassing to see how dumb of a population we really are. someone please explain to me what one does with an abundance of toilet paper?

and then you have these morons:
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/17-700-bottles-hand-sanitizer-155735689.html

kes7u, stavura, william and 3 others like this.
  7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    China sending 31 tons of equipment including masks,respirators and doctors to Italy.this is good.

375+ likes this.
  8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    question is it real and/or sanitary?

9. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Dayum,... even CostCo doesn't sell Doctors by the ton!!

stavura, 375+, tomc and 1 other person like this.
  10. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    The press has a lot to answer for. They loved whipping up the uneducated public into a frenzy of hysteria. And now they are doing nothing to help dampen down the problem. Morons.

stavura, Kiwi Nick, kraftwerk and 4 others like this.
  11. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
  12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    hahaha there you go!

william likes this.
  13. Brilliant post. :rolleyes:

No wonder we kicked your arses out and hadda' help save your arses during WWII. :cool:

lagunacc likes this.
  14. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Love it ...:D yes its mind numbing... unless they folk have something else figured out what to do with it, apart from having the smash hits of course...:confused:

15. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    "Diplomats in the city were given the startling warning in a briefing Saturday afternoon by a team of New York officials led by commissioner Penny Abeywardena in the Mayor’s Office for International Affairs.

They stated that the virus is likely so wide-spread that tracing the number of infections is redundant — while warning that the city could be hurt until at least late fall, according to the report."

https://nypost.com/2020/03/15/new-yorkers-should-assume-theyve-been-exposed-to-coronavirus-officials/

---
    I think chasing the virus isn't the most effective thing to do right now; horse has already left the barn. I think protecting the immunodeficient & elderly should be top priority now. They are far easier to track and isolate from gen pop...and I don't mean that in a forceful manner, I mean it as those able, to just stay away from crowds and activities for awhile ie continue social distancing.

BMW.SauberF1Team and kraftwerk like this.
  16. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yup I figured as much, a while ago.

17. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    With new data saying the virus can live on surfaces for 2-3 days (and copper up to 7 days, think penny's and coins) 50k -500k is far from a fantasy.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/14/811609026/the-new-coronavirus-can-live-on-surfaces-for-2-3-days-heres-how-to-clean-them?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=nprnews&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR1V66hfGvPSenavcq3uDn1jYzuwZBFXE8zUXQ6in0R8Q8FnmnrLo-hzuZE

18. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That's not true. Copper it lasts only a few hours. Copper has always been looked at as a good option in general for kitchens like entire counters and sinks as it's also bacteriostatic (bacteria can't grow on it).

This is from the article you posted:

Kiwi Nick and schwoo like this.
  19. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    sorry, got my metal alloys mixed up, I'll go back and find the other link

20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

ChipG likes this.
  21. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Another thing I've noticed is a lot of people going after hand sanitizer, bleach, and alcohol but not hydrogen peroxide. I was telling my family over a week ago it was already shown to be effective at killing coronavirus at even 0.5% concentration (the stuff is normally 3%). It can be used anyway for oral rinse etc, so it's safe for skin unlike bleach of course...but not regular use though (it can prevent wounds from healing).

stavura, freshmeat, DF1 and 1 other person like this.
  22. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Yes an excellent product to have. Easily found

23. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    In SF, it’s become the next thing to fall victim to panic buying...thankfully, it’s also in contact lens solutions, mouth wash and Lysol so I picked up a few of those.

24. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nice one I use that stuff,

Rumour has it the government may shut UK pubs for a bit!.....that means more nights in with missus ...am not in her good books for starters, she asked me if I thought she had gained weight, I said no, but I think the living room has got smaller...:D

Seriously I hope all posters on here and their loved ones stay safe in these troubling times.

wax and DF1 like this.
  25. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I have my doubts the French GP will be held June 28th. I mean literally yesterday the French govt asked everyone there to practice social distancing. This was earlier today. It looks like they're going out of their way to be even closer.