South West Ferrari Breakfast Club 2020 | FerrariChat

South West Ferrari Breakfast Club 2020

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Bluebottle, Feb 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    If you came along last year, you know the form. If not, then this is something for Ferrari owners in the South West who enjoy a convivial chat with other Ferrari owners over breakfast. It is a regular event, but an informal one: turn up if you feel like it on the day, no prior commitment required.

It is an opportunity to take your Ferrari – any model, any age - out for a drive early on a Sunday morning when there is not so much traffic around, meet up with other Ferrari owners and have a chat over breakfast or a cup of coffee, pick up the Sunday papers, and get home in time for lunch.

So please tell all your Ferrari-owning friends in the South West and encourage them to come along some time - this is not a Ferrari Owners’ Club event, so any Ferrari owner is welcome, FOC member or not.

Please note: due to changes in Haynes’ events diary, this will no longer be on the second Sunday of the month, but the last one instead, except for the first meeting, which will be a week ahead of schedule so as not to conflict with the Goodwood Members’ Meeting.

The dates are:

Sunday 22nd. March
    Sunday 26th. April
    Sunday 31st. May
    Sunday 28th. June
    Sunday 26th. July
    Sunday 30th. August
    Sunday 27th. September
    Sunday 25th. October​

Time: 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. - the cafe is open for hot drinks from 9.00, food from 9.30, and they make a mean breakfast!

Venue: Haynes International Motor Museum Easy to find, large car park and excellent café, as well as a great car museum. There is no obligation to pay up for entry to the museum in order to use the café, but if you have never visited it before, it really is very much worth a look and excellent value for money.

Please note: I do not have a mailing list, so I am reliant on others passing this flyer on – please help by sending this flyer to anyone you know who might be interested. Thankyou. Nor can I send reminders, or answer queries about who is coming each month: the best way to do this is via the Club Scuderia forum, or this forum – both are free to join.

Attached Files:

2. SJP 5

SJP 5 Karting

Jun 7, 2015
    Hello John,
    Hopefully will be joining you again this year,thanks for the dates.
    Regards,
    Tom

Bluebottle likes this.
  3. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Thanks for the info.... hoping to actually make it to at least one of these this year!

Bluebottle likes this.
  4. tonyl8281

tonyl8281 Karting

Jul 1, 2014
    Derek. Let me know when you are thinking of going and I’ll try to make same date. Tony

5. Jazzy121

Jazzy121 Rookie

Feb 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jazzy
    I would when the weather is better as cars are currently in storage and the weather right now is very bad in London.

6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    That's why the first date is not until towards the end of March, when hopefully the weather will have improved and the roads will be free of salt.

7. Jazzy121

Jazzy121 Rookie

Feb 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jazzy
    I would say May/June onwards as the weather is still poor in March/April in general......

8. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    That's fine - you come when you want, others may think differently. And the weather can spring some strange surprises, good and bad (as it happens, I have had both my Ferraris out already this year). The whole idea behind this is that it is entirely informal, no commitment.

9. Jazzy121

Jazzy121 Rookie

Feb 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jazzy
    Perfect, thank you and I look forward to future meets Sir.

10. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Sounds like a plan Sir, would be nice to get both out and about together this year.
    I mailed Emblem yesterday regarding the annual, belts and MOT that I'm due shortly. Mentioned your name, I hope that was OK

Oh, and I too have already had mine out and about this year, as have you I know Tony!

11. tonyl8281

tonyl8281 Karting

Jul 1, 2014
    Hi Derek. No problem regarding Emblem, I think they are good guys down there.

I’ll drop you a line when I’m planning to do a Haynes Sunday and see if you can make it.

The car is waiting for a replacement alarm unit but because Italy is on lockdown who knows when it will get here!

12. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Currently suffering a problem with my clutch foot. Saw my physio again this morning and now booked in for a procedure on Monday, following which I shall be immobile for a week, maybe two. So I shan't be there on 22nd. March.:(

13. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    sorry to hear that John; and hope you have a quick recovery.

I certainly intend to go, weather dependant. I get the 348 back next week after a month tucked up warm and dry in DL being serviced so have withdrawal symptoms!!!

14. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Thankyou, Adrian. I am hoping to be fit to go to Goodwood the following weekend (assuming it does not get cancelled).

A348W likes this.
  15. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    I fear this would count as a non-essential journey.:(

16. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    So, whilst we haven’t been locked down, yet, I’m going to take the opportunity for a little run out this Sunday as it might be the last opportunity For a bit (other than delivering food to the in-laws; which will be done in the Ferrari!)

The museum says it’s still open; so with some sensible precautions...I’ll probably be Billy no mates!!!!

Anybody else up for some “essential” mental health wellbeing”?

17. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    My clutch foot is out of action, I am afraid.:(

I hope you have a good drive.:)

18. SJP 5

SJP 5 Karting

Jun 7, 2015
    If weather is fine,I intend to have a run out.Hopefully, see you there.
    TSP 11

19. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Nigel (yellow 430) and Joe (red 355) are both intending to go.

20. SJP 5

SJP 5 Karting

Jun 7, 2015
    Thanks for letting me know,hopefully,you can make the April meet.
    Regards,
    Tom

21. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    On the museum website:

MUSEUM CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
    Haynes International Motor Museum, Café 750 and Venue Hire is closed to the public until further notice to prevent the spread of Cornoavirus. ​

22. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Thanks John; guess I’ll just go for a little local drive tomorrow morning...”mobile self isolation!!!“

(Trust your foot is well on the mend?)

23. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Whilst we will need somewhere else to kick tyres; any appetite to kick this off again?

24. SJP 5

SJP 5 Karting

Jun 7, 2015
    I'm up for it,keep us posted.

25. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Any thoughts as to a venue? Haynes is closed until October, I believe.