Italian media declares: This is war | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Italian media declares: This is war

Discussion in 'F1' started by william, Mar 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
  2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Too bad i can't access that, should be funny!

3. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Access what?

sammysaber and william like this.
  4. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #79 kraftwerk, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    Spot on ..and they wonder why the F1 section is not as active as it once was..
    There are always going to be conflicting emotions involved in watching F1, fans of drivers, marques, nationality,car you drive ect...And you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see both sides of a argument without spoiling the forum with constant head pecking.
    Besides there are enough bigger problems going on right now....

william likes this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Yes and please wash your hands lol :) Use 3ply tissues if needed :)

kraftwerk and william like this.
  6. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Both Elton and Nico won the WDC in ... a CAR. Give Seb and Charles a CAR and things might change.

I think the trade off in races for testing woefully ignores the impact of formula changes. This has been true ever since the V6 turbo hybrid formula appeared. The problem with races over testing is, the track keeps changing. In testing over racing, the track can be a constant and then adjustments can be made to test performance, science and engineering, setup.

MB "cheats" that are A OK by FIA standards:

DAS
    "Moving" aerodynamic vented wheel hubs
    Burning oil for extra calories/energy conversion in the MGU

I sure hope the SF1000 has some good downforce.

stavura likes this.
  7. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Fer sure ;)

8. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Hey Steve, good to see you back - hope all's well and look forward to arguing you again in 2020 :p:)

Best,
    Sammy

kraftwerk and DF1 like this.
  9. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LOL thanxs, I'am all for a bit of friendly banter mate...;)

sammysaber likes this.
  10. DF1

Yes all fine -- but please go wash your hands lol :)

kraftwerk likes this.
  11. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hahaha ok, now get off my lawn :)

DF1 likes this.
  12. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    I just washed my hands. ;) So when is Zandvoort actually going to happen?

DF1 likes this.
  13. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
  14. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Ayrton Senna's steering column moved as well. This was not a good idea. I sure hope DAS is actually safe.

15. DF1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/148956/fia-ferrari-blocked-release-of-engine-case-details

FIA president Jean Todt says he would "love" to release the details about the Ferrari engine controversy and the team's sanction, but the Scuderia is stopping him from doing so.

Speaking exclusively to Autosport for the first time since the row over the private agreement between the FIA and Ferrari erupted over a settlement regarding the legality of Ferrari's 2019 engine, Todt said that his hands were tied in terms of what can be said.

He is clear that he felt the FIA did the right thing in going public with its arrangement, rather than keeping it quiet, and says he pushed Ferrari's rivals to bring matters to a head by protesting the Maranello team.

"If you ask me, I would love to be able to give all the details of the situation, but they [Ferrari] opposed," explained Todt.

"So, I mean, they have been sanctioned but we cannot give the detail of the sanction.

"And clearly we could have said nothing.

"But we felt that it would have been wrong not to say that the Ferrari case had been discussed and that there had been a sanction.

"Honestly, it's very simple. Very simple. We have put so much effort to come to our conclusions, which they [the teams] do not agree.

"Unfortunately, it is very much a fait accompli of technical matters, because our technicians say 'we cannot for sure demonstrate as much as we should that they [Ferrari] were not legal'."

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Seven teams wrote to Todt in the wake of the FIA/Ferrari announcement expressing their unease about the deal and warning they could take legal action.

Since then, Mercedes has stepped away from its involvement in the matter - leaving Red Bull, Renault, McLaren, Williams, Racing Point and AlphaTauri alone to consider their next steps.

Todt has responded to letters written by the teams, explaining why he thinks the FIA acted in the best interests of the sport, but says that their calls for greater transparency over what happened cannot be answered.

"I have spoken individually with some of the seven teams," he added.

"One of them [Mercedes] decided it was completely out of it, despite having been one of the leaders.

"Since then, I never heard about any other state of [change of heart].

"I read in the press that it was a discussion between two chairmen.

"I received a letter in answer to my letter, where they confirmed they understand the position of the FIA.

"But it didn't mean they were happy of the position of the FIA, and they would love Ferrari to allow the visibility of the case, which I would love too. But we can't."