Italian media declares: This is war | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Italian media declares: This is war

Discussion in 'F1' started by william, Mar 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The problem is we used to have plenty of good discussion, sometimes based of news articles. The mods have acted badly back in october and effectively killed the F1 forum. Ever since then William has suddenly started posting article after article...There's no conversation any more.

2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I avoid conversations with some individuals since they turn into confrontations. I frankly don't need that.
    Since you refer to October, you may regret the previous atmosphere with constant slanging matches, long ranting posts and personal attacks, but I don't
    I think the mods acted fairly by removing the participants who created tension on this forum. It's more peaceful now and I like it the way it is.
    We should have learnt from it, but some people don't seem to.

DGPF likes this.
  3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    And from what i hear he tries hard...but i guess it's easy to find news trashing Ferrari in the british media....

stavura and Igor Ound like this.
  4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    LOLOLO, so, it has become a William monologue...no wonder i barely see anything new! I bet he get's plenty of likes from Ktu :)

Bas, stavura and Igor Ound like this.
  5. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Retired driver who is literally press himself so spewing the same narrative as all the other press.

6. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Thanks for your generosity.

The rest of us don't have access to any articles.

7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

So he is not wrong and confirms the press???

DGPF and william like this.
  8. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    To me, all this vague intrigue is lame and boring compared to what we could be witnessing if real competitive testing were allowed again. I say strike the ban on testing and allow the teams to bang out laps into the night like Schumi did years ago. It's time for the sport to be competitive again, science, engineering and team wise. The crap shoot in the wind tunnel "once a year" is just dumb.

greg328 and SimCity3 like this.
  9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Cost was the reason for test limits. More so now with a 'budget' cap next year. Hello simulators.

DGPF and william like this.
  10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    MAYBE IT WAS, BUT THE COSTS DIDN'T DIMINUISH, QUITE THE OPOSITE WITH THE CONSTRUCTION OF NEW AND MORE SOPHISTICATED SIMULATORS. In fact Ferrari was heavily penalized, because for years invested in tracks like Fiorano and Mugello, and saw that investment thrown into the garbage, while other like Red Bull who relied on simulators got a very big advantage.

John_K_348, sammysaber and Bas like this.
  11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It's not mentioned enough that the limit on testing came about with the approval of the teams at the time, as a trade off for more races.
    Now, with a 23 races calendar (Liberty wants 25), there would be very little time for testing between GPs.

DGPF and DF1 like this.
  12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

People where getting upset because we HAD to accept a certain driver is a GOAT. Failure to do so or any form of criticism whatsoever branded you a hater and racist. People that saw issue with that have been removed from the forum. This forum was wonderfully active with loads of intelligent conversation. Now its basically pf1 and motorsport.com articles reposted. I've seen the emails why certain people have been removed. One of the reasons is the moderators want to appear more as an ''f1 forum'' rather than a ''ferrari f1 forum'' (whoever gets on fchat and finds the bias is more towards Ferrari and has an issue with that needs their head checking). A catastrophic mistake, post count since their ''removal'' and the following self-ousting saw average thread post for similar subjects drop to a third or in some cases even a quarter.

But it's ok because YOU now like it. Anyone that saw straight through your act bar a few have been removed or left because of the october ousting. Well done.

kes7u, 375+, stavura and 4 others like this.
  13. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Why don't the Trolls establish their own MercedesChat site ?

14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It's seems that you are barking up the wrong tree here.
    I am just a participant and certainly not responsible for the mods banning some posters from this forum.
    If you have any grievance about the way Ferrarichat is run, I suggest you take them through the proper channels.

DGPF likes this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Of course you're not, with your constant changing of opinion to suit or provoke an argument and your tactical reporting.

sammysaber, stavura and fil like this.
  16. PROV

PROV Rookie

Oct 30, 2019
    Middlesbrough, UK
    Back on topic.. my first post on here (recently joined the forum after buying my first F), but long time Ferrari and F1 fan

Until we know exactly what Ferrari were doing we cant really say if it was cheating or not. And as has been mentioned above, Mercedes were caught burning oil for one reason, to bypass fuel restrictions so its a tad hypocritical of them to be so vociferous!

John_K_348, 375+ and ingegnere like this.
  17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Because that's not the purpose of a TRoll, if they preached their love for Elton on mercchat, it would be a normal thing, like normal human beings do, but when you choose to infiltrate a community that likes another team and start insulting their drivers and trying to force others to adore your own idols, well, that's trolling, and that's what we have here. Unfortunately someone confused an open forum with a Trolling space, and decided that it's preferable to let Trolls and orcs run free across this forum and instead act against those who are here because they love and cheer Ferrari, the very same that have built this place, that come up with news, articles, historical facts, inside info's, etc, etc, but maybe some think it's better to have only elton fans who have no knowledge whatsoever of the sport, that post nothing but planetf1 "garbage"and who like to call racists to the tiffosi.

tonyswfla and kes7u like this.
  18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    It's obvious that nobody can say Ferrari was cheating, and most likely they were not. Ferrari played by the rules, and the cars were considered legal at all times. They were simply using some kind of tech that the FIA preferes or feels is against the spirit of thye rules, just like the Das, so they asked them to remove it. Of course Ferrari wants to protec their technology and their research, so they struck a deal and said, ok, we won't do it, but we don't want others to learn our secrets. It's as simple as that, but British media and German will try to denigrate the red team, because they just hate the fact that no matter how much their own teams win, they will always be second to Ferrari. It's just that simple.

PROV likes this.
  19. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

There are some sad people around.

Igor Ound likes this.
  20. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    This says a new TD (Technical Directive) forces Mercedes to change the cooling duct they’ve been running since last year:

https://twitter.com/...321828177186816

The second flowmeter was also added via a TD and since some here think that because this confirmed Ferrari was cheating, all pre-TD Ferrari results should be invalidated. Do they then believe that last year’s Merc results (including championships) should be scratched from the record books?

Also, and as predicted, the article linked goes on to say (supposedly - i don’t read German) that RBR are also targeting Mercedes’ DAS for possible protest.

So using the logic of anti-Ferrari trolls, Mercedes are a bunch of cheaters and must be made to pay/disqualified/tarred and feathered/etc., etc.

John_K_348, tonyswfla and fil like this.
  21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ...2007 was a hard year to swallow for some around here, in fact i believe the frog still has the legs outside their mouths....

22. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
  23. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    So where is the forum for those of us who have been Ferrari owners for years (35+), who love motorsport and have followed F1 for years (45+), who celebrated the titles and the success that Ferrari had with the likes of Lauda, Scheckter and Schumacher, but who happen to appreciate that Lewis Hamilton is an amazingly talented driver who fully deserves all of his success. Do we really all have to live in an echo-chamber where the only people that can respond are those that agree with us and everyone else is 'The Enemy' just because they have a different PTV to ours?

Come on guys, grow up!

24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  25. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name: