For Sale - 2020 Corvette 3LT Z51 - Be one of the first | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale 2020 Corvette 3LT Z51 - Be one of the first

Discussion in 'Cars' started by AMG USA, Feb 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Eye of the beholder.

Things like custom brake calipers or stitching made of thread can cost $8k on some of the cars owned on this forum ;)

LARRYH and teak360 like this.
  2. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    or cup holders...

3. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Ya think this is crazy?

I've read on the interweb that some people buy a whole 'nuther car they don't even want for $350,000 and trade-it right away for a $100,000 loss just to get access to another car? Incredible, right? That would be insane...can't be true.

(fwiw, I can understand paying some few thousands over MSRP to get one of these vette's sooner than later. A few percentage points on the car? whatever. Heck, this "very early one" is only asking $25K over (26%). People pay $25k for carbon trim or a paint color on a ferrari. So, its a nuthingburger to me...if someone wants one and they want it early...go for it. Your money. Happy for you.)

4. RWC58

RWC58 Karting

Oct 14, 2018
    Columbus Ohio
    Full Name:
    Robert W Crooks
    Well -- I like these cars especially for the money and you can pay over sticker to have one the first ones of the first year of a redesigned car that will never be collectible . If you plan on driving it let me know how that works out for you LOL !!!

5. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    none of the new cars on this forum will ever be collectable but this is a heck of a car I could understand someone paying a few bucks over sticker to get one now if that is their thing..

6. Pmili75

Pmili75 Rookie

Jun 22, 2015
    Connecticut
    how about some pictures. Your two weeks are up.

7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    That’s an incredible first post^^^^^
    I always enjoy seeing first posts. I’m forever curious to see what final topic thrusts someone off the sideline and into the fray.

of2worlds and JRE like this.
  8. Pmili75

Pmili75 Rookie

Jun 22, 2015
    Connecticut

LOL....The C8 media attention really goes up my ass like a three pronged fish hook. I'm not a Corvette hater I've owned a number of them, my last being a 07 Z06. They have been an unbeatable performance per dollar since the C5s.

My problem on the C8 is the fact that it hasn't been available to actual have at any price.

Until maybe next week the car essentially does not exist.

At this point they should have just went on to 2021 like they did in 1984.

Lastly I would buy one a year or two from now if it weren't for the fact that by then I will pass five of them running to the corner deli. The Corvette problem that can't be solved is lack of exclusivity. This makes resale abysmal and makes the car so much less special and desirable. Of course this production volume is what makes them affordable so it cuts both ways.

9. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

10. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Probably the same as a Ferrari owner when he learns the price went up on a car he already ordered. At least GM will honor their price at time of order

11. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
  12. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Wait a year or two and they will be selling at discount, just like the C7. Nothing special here. Don't loose sight that it is a mass produced Corvette and will depreciate like every other Corvette. I was excited about this car but I looked at one up close and wasn't impressed.

psych0hans likes this.
  13. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Posts like this are getting old...

This has been discussed, IN THIS THREAD, ad naseum.

14. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Unlike those EYETALIAN cars that never depreciate (and definitely are not mass produced). $25k over MSRP is not that bad for a fully loaded supercar that will continue to be a hot seller well into 2022.

15. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    It's just not an interesting car to me. I really don't care what others think. I had hopes for it being something more that just a reconfiguration.

16. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Perhaps you didn't realize you are posting these in someone's advertisement, and not in one of the several threads that discuss the car in the forums?

(in addition to being poor form, your comments are likely against the classified rules. But, since you don't care what others think, I can presume how you feel about my post)

sainthoo, Flash G, NbyNW and 4 others like this.
  17. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I believe those rules were removed but I still find it in very poor taste to talk **** on someone's for sale thread.

arizonaitalian and SGM like this.
  18. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Great looking car! This delivery makes me want one.

jehu999, AD211 and Jasonberkeley like this.
  19. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Just cancelled my order.
    Dealer calls me friday and sez "what are the specs ?" Need an ansewer now.
    Chill dude how about Monday ?
    OK.
    Monday delivers bigist one day stock market crash ever.
    SELL SELL SELL !
    I may regret that cancellation.
    Time will tell.
    IMO the first year C8s will hold incredible value if not go up.
    Mr Supply meet Mr Demand.

20. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    You could have given him the specs and let him submit. Until Chevy approves it, its not official. It could buy you a couple of days of the market settles down

But I don't think it will unfortunately...

pearsonhaus likes this.
  21. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I ordered back 6 months ago and canceled recently. Its a wannabe exotic. Nothing worse than that. Totally lost its image that put it on the map!

22. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I am not a corvette man but,... I think its awesome for the price. A ton of car for the money...

23. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Another thought on those criticizing paying over sticker to get an early car... I suspect the people saying that skew younger and don't have a time horizon... an "I can just wait for tomorrow" mentality.

Well as we all know, tomorrow is never guaranteed,... and as we get older, tomorrows become more precious. $10-15K premium to buy an extra year with something you want. Quite reasonable IMHO.

24. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I'm 73, so, no.

I wish the OP GLWS, but I can't help but wonder. This car was supposed to be delivered in 2 weeks back on 2/3. Where is it? No pictures. I checked earlier this week. Not even mentioned on the dealer's web site.

psych0hans likes this.