Italy and Coronavirus | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Italy and Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Albert-LP, Feb 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    PS I want to add something to what I wrote in the previous post here above: Italian public (and free) health care medical system is excellent, so here life is very long, so we have an high percentage of 80+ years old persons and so we have a lot of very old persons with a lot of pathologies that are still alive. This virus will kill many of them, of course.

ciao

PS
    I think there will be no fairs here in Europe for some weeks (or months). No Techno Classica, in my opinion

375+ likes this.
  2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    It is more or less the same here, Alberto: very good public "free(*)" medical system, very high life expectancy; of the seven death by the Covid so far, six were above 80; the only "average adult" death is the 60 year old professor infected in the Oise "cluster".
    And yes almost all fairs will be cancelled; any manifestation of more than 5.000 persons is already forbidden here, the "marathon de Paris" has been postponed to october, etc...

Rgds

((*) "free": of course the medical system has a cost, even a very high cost, but you don't have to pay out of your own wallet, it is provided by the state, that is paid by the taxes)

Albert-LP likes this.
  3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Italian Medical System is "free" in the same way also here! But the good thing is that everyone can have access for free to everything and that's why we spend so much money for every sigle person and do so many tests. I'm still alive due to this excellent Medical System we have, or I would have died already several times and the last of them was three years ago. This is to say that maybe some Nations with a less effective medical system very likely don't have anymore so many old persons with a lot of pathologies still alive and so they won't be in the list of the COVID-19 deaths.

ciao

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    577 cases on today, Friday, March 6th, 14:00; official figures from the National Director of Health. That is 200 more, or 50% in one day.

Two other deaths, for a total of 9 now.

Rgds

5. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Italy, 7.00 P.M, March 06: 49 deaths (today), 109 recovered (today), 3916 still infected.

Doesn't slow down yet.

ciao

6. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    RIP!

7. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    It will never slow down, and it will spread elsewhere and everywhere!

8. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    Italian Medical System is the best in Europe, they saved my life several times through the years and all for free! LOVE YOU ITALY !!

Albert-LP likes this.
  9. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
  10. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    716 confirmed cases on Saturday, March 7th at 14:00.
    11 deaths.

Rgds

11. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Today in Italy we have 1200 (!) new infected, including a wery well known and VIP politician: we Italians are all very worried.

Ciao

12. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I hope you’ve rethought your previous philosophy of going about travel and galavanting the world like normal then...

Containment is critical so more vulnerable ppl who need the care can get it without also having to battle overcrowded hospitals, overworked healthcare professionals and not having the proper time/attention/resources to recover. You and other ppl like you who are taking unnecessary risks like open travel, participating in large events are ignoring your civic duty, adding to the problem and imho only helping make the virus more deadly than it really is, esp for older ppl.

There’s no need to worry or panic, just be sensible...

13. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I don't know how to stop a virus, I'm not a scientist non a doctor. But It looks nobody knows. We all here are following what they told us. What they are telling is not avoiding contacts with others: is just to do that in a safe way. It's impossible to do that safe if you are crowded in a stadium or in a lounge bar and so on. You have to go out and buy food, fuel, medicines, clothes, work and so on. As I said, the problem is not doing a travel or not: yes you have to avoid crowded places and follow the safety rules, that's the civic duty everyone has to follow. Travelling or not it's up to you and if you follow the safety rules I cannot understand why it should be not following your civic duty: then you couldn't walk outside your home or going to work, as that could be considered a travel...

We all here are doing what they ask us, we take care of us and of others too.

Without moving, the world is dead.

Ciao

14. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Containment = limited movement for a limited time, not indefinitely/forever.

It doesn’t take a medical degree to understand that the more movement and social interactions you make during this epidemic, the higher the probability you will be infected and/or infect others, knowingly or not.

The world is on pause. Our civic duty is to help prevent pause from becoming fast forward to an irreversible disaster eg deaths from inadequate medical care.

15. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #90 Albert-LP, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    It looks they quarantined all us, all the Lombardia and parts of Piemonte, Emilia and Veneto. News will follow up, at the moment we don't know exactly

Ciao

Not confirmed yet, maybe they will change it. We are waiting for the government decisions

16. NoSpeedLimit

NoSpeedLimit Karting

Sep 6, 2013
    The German surgeon general said last night that people should avoid risk areas if travel is not absolutely necessary.
    He especially mentioned Italy and North Rhine-Westphalia.
    Essen is in North Rhine-Westphalia.
    You should avoid it.
    (I went to the Retro Classic in Stuttgart last weekend. 30 Italian exhibitors cancelled their stand.)

17. lbird

lbird Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2012
    Germany
    Well, i live in NRW in Germany, so no problems with travelling there :)
    But for personal safety i would not go to Essen, especially since all italian friends won't be there anyway. I heard the same thing from Retro Classic from friends who were there. No italians and very few visitors....

18. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Confirmed, we are in a red zone. Ferrari too. There will be some big problems here.

Ciao

19. NoSpeedLimit

NoSpeedLimit Karting

Sep 6, 2013
    I just read, that the goverment plans to lock Lombardy with its 10m inhabitants, true?
    @lbird, I was at the Retro Classic and heard no Italian (was different the last years), fewer people than last year, but still crowded.

20. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Yes and not only. Locked also parts of Emilia, Piemonte, Veneto and Marche. Maranello is included in the locked zone.

It's official, and operative within one hour

Ciao

21. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Zona Limitato, /!! I hope you have everything you and your family need Alberto. I hope you are well

wax and Albert-LP like this.
  22. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thanks, Mike. I appreciate very much your support. When the difficulties come, you can see who the friends are.

Ciao

wax and absostone like this.
  23. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Real friends are also unafraid to tell you the hard truths and point out the errors of your ways. Be safe out there and be considerate to your fellow country men and women.

wax likes this.
  24. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Now they are asking us to avoid "unnecessary movements". I'm sorry if I wrote something that at the end revealed to be not correct, but I just wrote what we have been told by our government about what we could do and what not. I'm still very doubtful about the effectiveness of this measure, as e.g. 2000 persons moving to reach the same production plant and working together in my opinion is a way to spread virus. In any case: most of the North of Italy is now a restricted red zone, at least up to April 3. The restricted zone includes (among others) Milano, Maranello and Venice, just to explain what we are talking about. Bologna and its airport is out of the red zone, as Florence, Rome and all the south of Italy. I stop here my contribution to this forum area: there will be plenty of news on the newspaper in the next days

Ciao

JL350 likes this.
  25. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    @Albert-LP Buona Fortuna, rimagna sicuro te e` la tua famiglia!

absostone and Albert-LP like this.