The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread | Page 369 | FerrariChat

The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by dcmetro, Feb 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cnoordz

Cnoordz Karting

Jun 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    C
    No idea, sorry

2. Snaponjackson

Snaponjackson Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA USA
    Full Name:
    Chris Jackson
  3. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Are the cf side skirts exactly the same as the OEM ones?

4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  5. Snaponjackson

Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA USA
    Full Name:
    Chris Jackson
    Yes, the side skirts are actually the only piece that is a thin cover over the original but a perfect fit. IMO it is much better because it is very difficult to remove the factory ones. I actually replaced the ones on my old f12 and the job took most of the day.
    These actually slide up under the fenders and are bolted underneath so once installed you can't even tell they are covers.
    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  6. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Any tips, tricks installing those pieces? I installed Ricambi CF on my 458, 488. Speciale.. What's the best way to transfer the rubber seals? When I did my other cars the seals came off but the adhesive was very weak.

7. SamfromTX

SamfromTX Rookie

Nov 17, 2019
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    TSOYBELIS, Makuono, stavura and 4 others like this.
  8. Snaponjackson

Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA USA
    Full Name:
    Chris Jackson
    SamfromTX likes this.
  9. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    #9209 Frank_C, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2020
    Nice! Painted shields make the car. Cuoio and standard wheels.....love it.

Hope the weather holds out- supposed to take my 812 to COTA on weds with FoSA and then the GT3 RS to COTA over the weekend with Edge Addicts......y'oughta come play on weds if it's ok....

Caeruleus11, Autolove and of2worlds like this.
  10. Autolove

Autolove Karting

Jun 8, 2012
    S.A. TX.
    Full Name:
    Ivan
    Can i see the sticker to see the cost if options thanks

11. SamfromTX

SamfromTX Rookie

Nov 17, 2019
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Thanks so much. Before my back gave me trouble, I used to take my GT3 then the RS to COTA frequently. Very curious how you will find the 812 compared to the RS. Have fun!

Frank_C likes this.
  12. SamfromTX

SamfromTX Rookie

Nov 17, 2019
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Sticker has not been generated yet as the car was flown in but I should have it when I pick it up Saturday. Painted shields are my most expensive option, though.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Sorry to hear that. You should have sold your buckets for sofas for comfort and made $15K then!!!

I’m just as curious as well. Mainly want to see the back straight top end and braking point compared to F12 as well. I’ve said the F12 can almost keep up with the RS without becoming the omnipresent “mustang guy” on the track, but you have to be millimeter perfect. If not, any push becomes a sea anchor.

You’ll like the rws, really lightens/loosens up the rear.

But still you need to come to COTA to play- no real Ferraris there, most are missing 4 cylinders and have to make that up with turbos.....Frank

PS shields and std wheels brother....

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. SamfromTX

SamfromTX Rookie

Nov 17, 2019
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Sweeeeeet!!! Love it! And of course, the yellow calipers work best w the painted shields, IMO.

15. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    May/may not necessarily be helpful. Some items get lumped together as "other options."

The painted shields, tricolore buttons, cavallino on gas cap, hi fi and a few other options were lumped together and not listed on my sticker.

SamfromTX likes this.
  16. SamfromTX

SamfromTX Rookie

Nov 17, 2019
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    So my car arrived Thursday, had the aftermarket work done, and I picked it up Saturday. Gorgeous and it sounded great. Only to go home and see what looked like leftover material from detailing and water spots. I use a microfiber cloth, it stays. I use my Griot's garage cleaners, no go. So I use Griot's hand polish and no go. Now I freak out and go back to the dealership (Boardwalk in Plano, TX). They buff it and no go. No idea if those are on the surface of the clear coat and can be wet sanded, embedded in the clear or in the base paint itself. Those are on the front fenders and the roof. The front fender worries me the most, as the shields are painted and the car is a metallic paint so you can't really "patch". Anyone had this experience? I'm happy to have such a great car but am super sad. Dropped off at the dealership tonight :( They are emailing Ferrari and will have the best body shop people in Dallas ook at it this week..

Attached Files:

17. SamfromTX

SamfromTX Rookie

Nov 17, 2019
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Not sure why the pictures are not showing up.

Attached Files:

18. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    SamfromTX likes this.
  19. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Maybe your picture files are too large so they have to be downloaded if anyone wants to see them.

I hope it's something that can be worked out without repainting or patching. Hard to tell exactly from the pictures but definitely defects there. The fact that buffing didnt work is concerning. Im also surprised the dealer didnt inspect the car carefully prior to delivery but it happens.

Make sure that Ferrari signs off on anything before the dealership has it done if repainting is involved. What I mean is do not have the dealership fix on their own dime and make sure its Ferrari paying. The process may take a while. Years ago I had an issue at delivery of a Ferrari with a mark in the base paint under the clear coat. Ferrari USA took over a month to approve a fix and an approved body shop had to repaint. They will probably chalk it up to PDI so it doesnt show up in service record. Apparently these situations happen more than you would think but usually are fixed prior to delivery.

R J likes this.
  20. SamfromTX

SamfromTX Rookie

Nov 17, 2019
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    yes, the files are large, thanks.
    I guess they overlooked it. If it is not bright, you can not see it. Good to know about waiting for Ferrari to sign off on the work, I was fussing at them for not sending it to the body shop to look at and see if they can ever so lightly sand it but now I understand them wanting to wait. Hope with Italy under lock down, people are still going to work!!??? Anyway, thank you very much for your input.

junc likes this.
  21. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    I have same problem. Will send photos. Car going back to dealer next month to look into fixing.

of2worlds likes this.
  22. Ly544

Ly544 Rookie

Apr 2, 2018
    Does anybody know the color of this 812SF with the yellow stripe?

I have seen this once on instagram with the paint color name but I could not find the picture anymore.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login