Mondials For Sale | Page 95 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Almost the same price as in 2012, but with 11,000 more miles. Better that than just sitting around doing nuttin'.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/141198574/

While the current ad states its color as "black", it's definitely Nero Met.

paulchua and sixcarbs like this.
  2. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Nice find!

3. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
  4. enzo52

enzo52 Karting

Aug 14, 2008
    France, Paris
    Full Name:
    Depensadie Seraphin
    Nice car you have. Do you have a picture of engine bay and front trunk ? What fusebox replacement did ou choose ? Picture of that to ?

paulchua likes this.
  5. DrinkMan

DrinkMan Rookie

Nov 14, 2014
    North GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Any thoughts on the QV? Love the colour scheme. My wife likes the look of it. We will be there this week and was wondering if it was worth considering.

6. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Nice looking car....wrong steering wheel, wrong shift knob...can be changed. I love the color.
    Guido

7. race

race Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2013
    Carrollton Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeffery Mead
    What would you like to know about it?

8. DrinkMan

DrinkMan Rookie

Nov 14, 2014
    North GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    We are curious. I read the buying guide for Mondial thread (I forget what it is called) and made a list of things to look at when I see the car. But those that know the cars can generally look at pictures and give hints of potential issues. I love the colour scheme and my wife likes Mondials (I'm more of a front engine Ferrari lover). I retire in a few weeks and was thinking of adding to the collection (currently consists of: 2 Lotus (Elise & S2 roadster), 2 Triumphs (TR6 & Spit6), Porsche 914, '68 Mercedes 280S (with column shifted 4 speed), Opel GT, Lancia Fulvia, '69 Alfa 1750 Spider Veloce, Jaguar XKR) to have some fun. I'd have to sell something if we bought it, but we've done that before. Anything strike you as a potential red flag?

9. race

race Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2013
    Carrollton Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeffery Mead
    Not really I had to move it because I am out of room. And it was a garage queen and when I did get it out to drive it. I loves to be driven. Never left me stranded always started no real issues in the 5 years I owned it. But per Ferrari the belts are due to be changed. I replaced the belts about 4 years ago.

10. DrinkMan

DrinkMan Rookie

Nov 14, 2014
    North GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Thank you. That is great to know, especially that the seller is here.

11. race

race Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2013
    Carrollton Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeffery Mead
    Feel free to ask me anything on it. I may not have the answer but I will try and find out.

12. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Spectacular presentation on the Bonham's ad, which says that the car sold for $22,400. Smoking deal for someone.

ZFFUD14A1F0054691

I would remove the cavallino badge from the front bumper (Ferrari never added one there) and probably change nothing else. Well, two things that are questionable to me. The bumpers look like they've been painted blue. If so, I'd go back to black. Also, the car appears to sit a bit higher then stock...

Otherwise, it's a beautiful car. Congratulations to the new owner!

13. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    ouch.

14. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Oops... less than 20K euro for such a nice car ?

15. DrinkMan

DrinkMan Rookie

Nov 14, 2014
    North GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I was there. When the hammer fell, my wife gave me dirty look - "why didn't you bid, its a steal" is what her look said. But sales seemed soft overall. There was a fantastic Jag XK150 that went for close to half of its value that I gave her the same dirty look.

16. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    But you didn't buy in either case?

17. DrinkMan

DrinkMan Rookie

Nov 14, 2014
    North GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Our garage is full. We already have 12 cars and only a 10 car garage. Would you like to buy a very nice condition 1968 Mercedes-Benz 280S with 4-on-the-tree manual transmission and original air conditioning (converted to R134A)?

19633500GT likes this.
  18. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Dan who does the work on you Lancia and Alfa in north Georgia. Thanks
    John

19. DrinkMan

DrinkMan Rookie

Nov 14, 2014
    North GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    My wife and I do the majority. We don't do upholstery (we go to Lamar Stephens in Buford for any upholstery work for any car in our collection). We don't do body work (we used to use JDK in Snellville but since we moved to Braselton/Hoschton, we have been searching for a good shop). Transmissions - we feel comfortable removing but not internal rebuild (Walter Motorsport in Gainsville is GREAT for transmissions, they did a great job with our Alfa transmission). Engines - we do it all. Rebuilt Alfa engine, tune up the rest as needed (we do farm out machine shop work like heads & flywheels to Eagle Automotive in Auburn, GA). Alignment and Tires - Joey Watkins in Winder. The rest we just use the service manuals, forums, and car club helper to figure it out ourselves. We are not the best, we make mistakes but we learn every time. With our fleet, we get so much variety it helps for the rest. For example, for the Porsche, when we had a failure of the Mallory electronic ignition module, we switched over to the 123Ignition. Previously, we always used Pertronix or Points/Condensor. After the Porsche experience, we have sworn off anything but the 123. Both the Alfa and Lancia will be getting one. I'm decent with the Webers but hate the downdraft Zeniths that are in our old Mercedes. But we have fun. We have a lift and we have passion. That's a good start.

sixcarbs likes this.
  20. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Thanks Dan, I was thinking of a Lancia Integrale... not sure I could keep one running..
    Thanks,
    John

21. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I'm going to sell the Prugna Metallic 3.2 this month/April. Made the firm decision yesterday. Our Dino is and has been sitting, and something has to give.

Not too excited but #tothefuture :oops::rolleyes:o_O

22. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Yeah I hear you. I don't want to buy anything until this virus is gone. For one , I want to make sure I am still living by mid summer. and that is now not a given, it never was, but my radar has it on a bigger scope.I bet that is a pretty color. I owned 2 Mondial, one in red a 1983 and a silver 1987. Send some photos of your car if you can. I met a guy in Amelia island that was talking about wanting a Mondial, he is in Atlanta.

23. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Would be kind of funny if the Prugna car went back to Georgia it has already been down there twice in it's life.

19633500GT likes this.
  24. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    If things were different I would like it. But the guy in Atlanta just bought a 485 and some Lambo, but likes the old stuff and said "what about getting an old mondial".

25. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Are you going to put it on BAT?