Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 149 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    True, production is as a snail pace for now but, how many v8s can the line turn out when it's mainly producing F8s I think a lot, pistas are what is causing the current delays and slow deliveries
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It's more or less still a 488. I'm pretty sure QC is already under control.

3. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  4. Karelg

Karelg Rookie

Nov 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Karel G
    Lexan update ( and this is just my own observation and opinion of taste)
    I saw and drove 4 different F8. One preproduction car and 3 production cars. All of them had the same discoloration issue with the Lexan window. This is not too visible indoors as it is outdoors. Outdoors in the sun you can clearly see the bluish discoloration on each sides of the cutout slots. Most likely from the heat when they press the cutouts. The F8 is a beautiful car otherwise. But the Lexan slots make it look "cheap" to me. I will be definitely replacing the Lexan with slots with Lexan without the slots. I believe it will look much better. Similar to the PISTA look.

ScottS and of2worlds like this.
  5. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I think your the only one on here preoccupied with the lexan engine cover....

chris0315, Coincid and buddyg like this.
  6. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    seriously - who the hell cares.

jim g, Dicecal and jm2 like this.
  7. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC

My god that Grigio car looks incredible! If not for the Pista, this would easily be the best looking modern f car. They nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

OSUferrari likes this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #3709 paulchua, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Because they don't want a 488? Why else?

But really,

What I can't imagine is why somebody would go to an F8 enthusiast thread/site, and question the purchase choice of said enthusiasts?

stavura, Jo Sta7, Igor Ound and 2 others like this.
  9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Well said. Also, I never saw Ferrari position it as an 'all new model' -- it's a refresh.

Ferrari has a long history of this, take the 365/512BB/512iBB or Testarossa/512TR/F512M

MANDALAY and Jo Sta7 like this.
  10. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    The F8 is the biggest departure from the 458/488 there is. Huge difference if you compare the changes from the 458, which basically looks identical on the outside as the 458... it's the INSIDE that changed. The heart, the guts, the speed.... I think more people will be getting rid of 458's that saw and realized the 488 wasn't much different exterior wise. This car will make many more owners leave their older cars. It's how it works. Again, and it's faster. And today speed wins first and it's proven by McLaren and others, who have cars that sound like leaf blowers. Don't get me wrong, I can respect any fast car that looks good.

paulchua likes this.
  11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Preaching to the choir my friend. That said, it's not me you need to convince it's @noone1

MANDALAY likes this.
  12. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Who's preaching to the choir? This car will have more people sell their 458 than the 488 did. That's the point. Oh, I got ya. You're saying some just will never agree.

Jo Sta7 and paulchua like this.
  13. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    I finally got to see and drive the F8. I owned both a 2017 488 GTB and a 2018 488 Spider and all I can is this a nice improvement over both. I didn’t have a chance to really stick my foot in it, but the thing I can confirm is it rev’s all the way past the redline. Yeah!!! The shifts were instant and the power increase was evident. The new electronics and controls are far better and the new diamond cut wheels are gorgeous in person. My 2 cents worth. I should see mine in about a month. Can’t hardly wait.

stavura, Way2fast, MANDALAY and 3 others like this.
  14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    no worries! That said I agree with you 100%

@noone1 can't understand why somebody would get an F8 if they already got a 488....
    Congratulations!!! Enjoy!

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I own a Pista and I think the F8 is phenomenal!

16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The real question I have for you though is if you drive it in 'auto' mode?

;)

SoCal to az likes this.
  17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Never-!!

paulchua likes this.
  18. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Since when is this the "F8 Enthusiast" thread? Looks to me that the title is "Ferrari F8 Tributo", which to me says it's a general thread where you post anything you want about the car, opinions included.

I didn't question why someone would get a Tributo instead of a 488, I questioned why someone would upgrade from a 488 to a Tributo. That's a far cry from questioning why someone would consider an F40 vs a FGT, which are two cars that are absolutely nothing alike.

19. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I was very seriously considering the upgrade from the 488 to the F8 - even though the F8 is an improved 488, it is indeed improved: more power (with the Pista derived engine), less weight, and electronics updated.
    Today however the price difference is huge, so it might be a better approach to switch for a slightly used (but already depreciated) F8 two years from now, while the 488 will not have lost much more than it has already now.

MANDALAY and Shadowfax like this.
  20. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Let me help break it down for you. Exterior styling, more power, cabin refinement, technology improvements and it’s newer...plus, people simply can. Surely, you upgrade your phone, no?

stavura, PTG1 and paulchua like this.
  21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #3722 paulchua, Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    :) Hey, literally just responded exactly how *you* did in the GT40 thread in the American Muscle forum. But you know that.

22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I always knew you were a poseur, everyone knows auto mode is obviously where it's at. Bust that inner beast loose!

SoCal to az likes this.
  23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Lol- frogging auto mode! Priceless.

paulchua likes this.
  24. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah, but some of those are modest at best and the price to upgrade is far from modest IMO. My comment was obviously meant to be relative to cost and from a value perspective.

It's probably, what, $150K on top of the average 488 to trade up? That seems like pretty bad value considering the changes made between the model and what you normally get for that kind of money. When you look at what it costs to jump generations like 430 to 458, 599 to F12, Gallardo to Huracan, Murcielago to Aventador... I just think the value proposition of 488 to F8 is quite bad and I would expect a lot more.

I think F8 residuals are going reflect this as well, though we'll have to wait to see.