Value Thread: Finding My V12 Lusso and Future Value Predictions | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Value Thread: Finding My V12 Lusso and Future Value Predictions

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by BrntRubber, Feb 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Is that Grigio Titanio?

2. BrntRubber

BrntRubber Karting

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Farris Alnaqeeb
    Great Advice Guys! Thanks

They are taking the car into stock as I think the previous owner is picking up another car from them.

3. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Yeah Grigio Titanio, really lovely, in some lights it looks almost polished metal in others it’s got platinum blue tint.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. mthompson2376

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    haroonok and ANOpax like this.
  5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I know, it's the color of my FF!

Unfortunately my calipers are gray and I think the yellow ones really pop with the yellow wheel caps and the shield.. I'm looking into having them powder coated.

mthompson2376 likes this.
  6. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I always go into a deal believing the dealer has $40-50K on a trade/ask for a $300-350K car. I know for a fact they have about a $25K delta on a $175-200K car....my Lusso was a $315K ask. Called the dealer and offered $295K. They said no. I said thanks, and waited...6 weeks later they called back and I got the car....be patient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nospinzone likes this.
  7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yup, the dealers really prey on the buyer's emotion to buy the car.

Always keep in mind, they need to sell a car more than you need to buy a car. ;)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  8. BrntRubber

BrntRubber Karting

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Farris Alnaqeeb
    Guys I am on the verge of pulling the trigger on the 2019 Black on Cream. It only has 600 miles on the clock and is just shy of 40% off list.

One thing I haven’t been able to do is really push the car In a test drive due to traffic and weather. Tomorrow is raining again and is my last chance to test drive again before buying her.

How would you describe/compare the acceleration? What cars are quite similar?
    I have driven the Ferrari 612 and found it underwhelming but the engine was smaller. This is a street car I know, but I do want to make sure 514lb ft of torque is enough for such a heavy car.

My recent cars have been Porsches (GT3 Touring, 3RS and 2RS) all of which had plenty of oumph with 50 less torque than the V12, but weight much less.

Thanks for the help
    Thanks for the input guys.

9. mthompson2376

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Is it the Lancaster car, very high spec very low miles ?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    What was list on that car ? 280 k ? so with 40 % off new that equates to 170 k , that's a great price for a nearly new car .

11. mthompson2376

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    There is plenty of grunt, and I find the car is the right blend between horse power and torque, so to not simply shred tyres like in an AMG merc, although you can spin the tyres especially with cold tyres (usual rules still apply when pushing it, tyres over 30C) these cars work in all conditions, flat in 2nd in the wet is just do-able if your brave enough to keep your foot in, the rear can easily be encouraged to step out with you and let you have a play, they sort of feel like they get into their gallop and continue pulling hard after a 100 mph (apparently, I have heard !).

My first go was in a demonstrator at a Passione Ferrari day, and was able to quickly and confidently take it upto limits, I had just finished a track session in my Speciale in wet conditions so knew it was tricky keeping on the black stuff, what convinced me was in the wet we were catching the 812’s which are simply one of the fastest things I have seen on a track (in the dry). The 4WD ability of the Lusso to punch out of corners is just stunning, and hey let’s face it, it rains 9 months of the year here in the UK.

You will feel the weight compared to the track Porsche’s, but you can get all the kids in this, go shopping, cross continents in luxury, fast as a 458 Italia, and make the most exotic sound known to man, and take it to the track. A very unique engineering masterpiece with few examples actually on the road....but it’s not a hardcore track car and for me wouldn’t compare it to the hardcore track cars....apples and pears.

Really loving mine, I know I am still in honeymoon, but really can’t find anything I don’t really like about it. Not trying to sell it for you, really comes down to what you want, I personally think the black / cream car is beautiful. Classic colour combo that works.

If you do get another go, nail it in 2nd (even in the wet) and hang on to the redline.

BrntRubber and Caeruleus11 like this.
  12. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I pretty much agree with your comments. I have always employed the philosophy of “he who cares least always wins”. That is my guide to walk or buy, that is enhanced by the fact that I never “need” to buy another car as I usually have 5-7 at anytime. But usually I negotiate deals in person if at all possible, it gives the other party a chance to size me up to see that I am a serious buyer if my requirements are met or nearly met. I also believe that when you meet face to face the other party will come farther in your direction than over the phone. With emails is the least successful method IMO. It make the deal far to impersonal and easy to disagree and not move off a position.
    Just my observations- I could be wrong.

ANOpax likes this.
  13. BrntRubber

BrntRubber Karting

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Farris Alnaqeeb
    Yes:
    External - NERO DAYTONA WB 508
    Internal - CREMA 3997 (CREAM)
    Carpets - NERO 152 (BLACK)
    20" FORGED DIAMOND RIMS
    YELLOW BRAKE CALIPERS
    PANORAMIC ROOF
    'SCUDERIA FERRARI' SHIELDS
    PRIVACY REAR WINDOWS
    SPORT EXHAUST PIPES
    HIGH EMOTION LOW EMISSION
    COLOURED SPECIAL STITCHING - FILO SPECIALE NERO 4000
    HORSE STITCHED ON HEADREST - NERO (BLACK) 4000
    NAVTRAK ANTITHEFT SYSTEM
    APPLE CARPLAY
    HIGH POWER HIFI SYSTEM
    YELLOW REV. COUNTER
    CARBON FIBRE DASHBOARD INSERTS
    CARBON FIBRE DRIVER ZONE+LEDS
    VEHICLE PERSONALIZATION PLATE

£282k plus they are retrofitting the passenger display for me which takes it to around £286k, so I am getting around 37%

Thank you for the well written and very reassuring post. I hope to go see her tomorrow.

mthompson2376 likes this.
  14. BrntRubber

BrntRubber Karting

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Farris Alnaqeeb
    WHAT A CAR! Happy man on this end of the screen.

Now shopping for an exhaust. Anyone know a good place in UK for getting a deal on the Capristo system?

15. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations!

16. BrntRubber

BrntRubber Karting

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Farris Alnaqeeb
    Thank you

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. mthompson2376

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Is at described ?

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I personally didn’t like the lusso when I tried it VS the FF. Price gap wasn’t not justified, and the car was too quiet and smooth vs the rawness of the FF.

I love my FF but when it comes to a daily GT I have like my s63 coupe more ... simply a more comfortable car to me with more gadgets.

That being send u can’t go wrong with your choice!

Congrats and do get an exhaust ASAP!

Nospinzone likes this.
  19. BrntRubber

BrntRubber Karting

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Farris Alnaqeeb
    #44 BrntRubber, Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    Yes, you were super helpful and it is a great machine.

Thank you for taking the time to give such an accurate of the driving experience.

Super excited!
    Thank you. I understand your point about the FF but have to think an exhaust and, if needed, some Novitec springs could get the driving experience where you would want it.

For me warranty, free service and that almost brand new look, smell and feel all combined with a hefty discount off list made it a very attractive proposition, I couldn’t pass up.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes that is why i took mine with a warranty. I dont recommend the springs. Got them they made the car look better but not drive better.:)

BrntRubber likes this.
  21. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Didn't you also say that aftermarket springs invalidated the warranty?
    I think that may be true of the exhaust too.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  22. Natkingcolebasket69

Correct Ferrari would not extend warranty with them on.
    Matter of fact my friend with a 458 had an airbag sensor fail because of them and the airbag exploded, Ferrari told him: u put those springs on so u are out of pocket on this... so be careful;)

23. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Suv is going to retail around £350k so much more but not loads more then a crazy optioned v12 lusso
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

BrntRubber likes this.
  24. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    I recently purchased a 2017 Lusso with 1200 miles for about 55% MSRP. I wanted to use it as my ‘everyday car’ as it was a replacement for my Panamera Turbo S. My problem is I like it too much and don’t want to destroy it in Michigan winters. I drive it frequently but not when it’s real bad out and what a special car it is. I like it better then the FF and a F12 I have had. It is as fast as you want it to be, and the noise ( had a valve control put on the exhaust and leave it open) is intoxicating! You will love the car. It is such a special place to be in.

BrntRubber likes this.
  25. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Lusso coming for me finally.....what exhaust do you recommend? I want loud. Novitec or...?

BrntRubber likes this.