Need JBL Door Subwoofer Speaker FOR FREE | FerrariChat

Need JBL Door Subwoofer Speaker FOR FREE

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by cab2u, Feb 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cab2u

cab2u Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    NYC
    Yes, I want one for free. I just got a 2014 spider from Ferrari of LI with HiFi and it has a blown driver's door subwoofer. Ferrari of Long Island will replace it for free, but if anyone had one on a shelf, I would rather just replace it myself rather than going through the hassle as it is a bit of a PITA to get the car to the dealer.

2. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Sure, I also need two strippers! For free of course.

Melvok, Boomhauer, LVP488 and 5 others like this.
  3. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Did OP seriously just ask for a part worth thousands for free? And the reason he should get a free speaker from another owner is because even though the dealer already offered to replace it for free, he doesn't want to bother driving the car over to the dealer.

SVR and Ash Patel like this.
  4. cab2u

cab2u Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    NYC
    The speaker is $300 on Ricambi, not thousands. And I am sure there are many people with parts on a shelf that will never be used again. I am not sure why you are so upset about it. It was a thought, and I posted it. I don't know which of the last two replies I like less.

ScottS likes this.
  5. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Even if someone has them on their shelf not sure anyone is (ever) willing to give it to you for free, different story if you might be well known f-chatter and contributor to the forum (not saying you're not though but just thought so considering your activity here since 2003).

A better luck is if you're asking around if someone is willing to actually sell you this part, but if it's only 300 bucks I would not waist my time on this personally as you're getting the installation for free.

6. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

wax likes this.
  7. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    Comes across as pretty crass if you ask me. I mean.....you could have at least thrown in a please!

8. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    I can’t decide which of the OP two posts I like less

kiryu, SVR, wax and 3 others like this.
  9. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I have a strong feeling this thread will accumulate into at least 4 pages in a week. This reminds me of a guy pissing everyone off while selling his 458.

Wow. Just wow. Where is my popcorns?

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  10. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Two are not enough.

tekaefixe likes this.
  11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Impressive. You want to do it yourself, for free, because dropping your car off at the dealers for an hour, while you drink an espresso is too much hassle? M'kay.
    Sooo, you seem to be fine with the hassle you will put others through. Packing, shipping etc. You also want whom rlever send you the speaker to pay for shipping? I can get you one for free, but shipping will be 600 usd.

So my question is this. If you think the free installation at your dealers expense, which also includes him being responsible for any damage to your car during the install, why don't you just order your own from Ricambi or what ever? You will have that in hand before you get one here I'm sure.

Your post do in fact come off as crass and entitled. Not a single please, or a word of gratitude. Nothing, zip, nada. Just gimme gimme gimme.

Yep, good luck with that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

kiryu, cole328, IloveGT and 1 other person like this.
  12. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    What does this meme mean? Seriously. I tried to Google it... Gotta be funny.

13. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    It’s the state of mind of the OP

14. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Normally I would keep quiet and just say I don't get this to myself and move along. I have parts for 100's of cars laying around and have in the past given them away. A least until my girlfriend found out how much she could get for them on ebay. OP just ask the dealer to ship you the part, and then you can install it yourself. I have been here a long time too, but do not have that many posts, so I don't think that is a terrible thing. Though perhaps a more humble way (I personally took no offence, but being what I am I never do), of asking (like Hi group I need a favor) may have stopped the type of replies you received. Good luck.

15. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
  16. cab2u

cab2u Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    NYC
    I too have given many parts away for free for many different cars. I really don't understand why so many people are so upset with the post. It was merely a thought that maybe I would enjoy doing it myself. As someone has already contacted me and is happy to send me the speaker that has been in their garage for 6 years, (and certainly I am paying for the shipping), you all are more than welcome to rant and rave about my unbelievable nerve to initiate such an obscene request.

ScottS likes this.
  17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think people got upset for two main reasons. One is the total lack of humility and gratitude in your posts - not even a please. You don't even mention anything about paying shipment or the like. The other is the fact that I think it's hard for us to understand why it's such an issue to get your dealer to do it. It's a part of a certain value, and you've been offered one for free with a free install. But instead, you want someone to hand you a part that is worth a few hundred bucks.

So again I ask you. If the value of the part, i.e 300 usd is so negligible, why on earth don't you spend your own money on one at Ricambi? Why should anyone fork out 300 usd for you, especially when you've been offered a perfectly good free alternative? Have you considered the fact that some might have one, and also a 458? If they give you theirs, then what if one fails in their car a year later? Then they are out 300 usd for a new one, because they gave you theirs.

If you don't see why this might be baffling and to an extent, upsetting, I'm not sure it's possible to reach you.

Ash Patel, Cigarzman, Rrr1 and 3 others like this.
  18. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Hmmmmm something just doesn't smell right with the story........:confused:

19. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Perhaps because you make Ferrari owners look so cheap???

Rrr1 and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Indeed.

21. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#22 Cigarzman, Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    I think I remember that guy
    ,if I’m not mistaken it was a blue 458. I wonder what the windup was that car ?
    Maybe the OP is a relative ?

BOKE likes this.
  22. cab2u

cab2u Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    NYC
    This post really took a bad turn. Seriously. I was really just looking to have some fun and replace the speaker myself. There was no malicious intent, I didn't mean to come of unappreciative or crass. I honestly thought there would be several people who would respond with, "yea, I have one, I'd be happy to send it to you." It really had nothing to do with the money. Anyone who wants to continue bashing me, have at it. But this will be my last post on this matter.

ScottS likes this.
  23. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    "Yes, I want one for free." as the opening statement of your original post without asking please or even inquiring if any posters have said subwoofer in possession reeks of entitlement whether intentional or not.

Subsequent attempts at trying to justify your language and then criticizing other posters without apologizing in 3 additional posts is merely digging a deeper hole.

As a member since 2003 you should know better.

Ash Patel, Il Co-Pilota and IloveGT like this.
  24. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    If that is the case then you just did a horrible job with how it was done and wording. First you capitalized "FOR FREE", which we all know means yelling it. Then to make double sure people got the message your first line was this, "Yes, I want one for free.". So you deserved what you got, would be better to just say, " I really screwed up here" and I think we could all accept that and move on. Did give us a little humor so no big deal

Cigarzman likes this.